When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Tiers  (Read 130702 times)

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA Tiers
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
Not too sure if you need to high/low much with H-ryougi since you can just go for guard breaks/counter hits. She can outzone a good deal of the cast, but her moves come out really slowly, and she has no real way to get out of pressure outside of jumping out or getting lucky with a poke. I think tier-wise she'd be somewhere between A- and B.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
Not too sure if you need to high/low much with H-ryougi since you can just go for guard breaks/counter hits. She can outzone a good deal of the cast, but her moves come out really slowly, and she has no real way to get out of pressure outside of jumping out or getting lucky with a poke. I think tier-wise she'd be somewhere between A- and B.

B tier because she's a proud member of the "I have zero health" club =)
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
H is weakest Ryougi.  You have guard crush, but you lose AAD and unblockables, which are some of Ryougi's best assets.  The abare that F Ryougi nets with her mad range makes up for the damage that H can do with sweep loop.  I'm pretty confident in saying that Ryougi is B tier.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »
If you ask me, Full Moon Sakiha is bottom tier.  Her main problems are zoning, maintaining pressure, oki, mixup and average combo damage, which I can safely say are quite bad.

Zoning and Pressure

She has trouble against most of the cast in this department.  Characters like Nrvnqsr, F Tohno Akiha, Ciel, Mech, White Len, Aoko, beat the crap out of her.  Her above average speed helps, but at the same time it is hard to maintain pressure once you do get in since she can not reverse beat or use any of her predictable Specials.  Her DP helps against opponents jumping out and her Jedah Wheels can provide some support.  But only the EX DP is invincible and is highly punishable if shielded or blocked.  Her wheels come out way too slow to be used safely, and disappear if you get hit or if your throw gets broken.

Oki and Mix Up

One thing that has to be mentioned first is she can't get in a proper oki after her air grab.  With that said, you have all the basic high, low, throw mix up, which she can do off a sweep or ground throw.  She has no real cross up game without the use of Instant Heat, no unblockable and has not real good overhead.  She has to rely on her air normals and her really obvious 214B for overhead attacks.  TKing wheel or a simple jump in can start a high to low mix up game, but she has nothing for low to high mix up.  You have to either go for more lows or try a tick throw if you plan on starting your oki with a low.  For the overhead air attack themselves, you are a little limited since you can't dash cancel.

Combos

Basically, you can do a short low damage combo and get oki or, get in a good damage combo with no oki.  She can get in a very nice combo that can top out around 6500, but you need a max bar to Instant Heat, and your opponent has to be in the corner.

Characters like B tier H Tohno Akiha, can get in a full combo, knockdown with oki, and has better pressure and has the highest defensive in the game.  F Seifuku can't even touch that.

Please mention what character you're doing combos against, as damage is different on each character.

... She can zone and she has tools like her rings n shit.

She has one of the fastest dashes in the game... Zero did a combo which did (starting with 5a) 4.4k to my C-Ryougi (probably mid 3k+ on other characters) ending in air throw and allowed time for oki.

I honestly don't know why she would even be bottom tier for what you listed...

For my character C-Ryougi. I think she's probably A or B tier... Rayza says she's A. She has great normals (not as much range as F, but more damage)easy confirms, she can make uses out of her rebeat. She has barely any mixup game, it's either unblockable or half charge. On Oki, she can do stupid grab stuff which you can't mash 2A to beat her grab on wakeup (not tech). So she can do oki grab, or something like 5BB which eats jumps all day. She's got throwing knives and an unblockable throwing knife for pressure.

C-Ryougi has no reversal or DP. One sandoori with her j.B and yeah. She's seems to be a solid character who can do around 4k+ midscreen against V-Sion. She only has real knockdown stuff in the corner which nets around 4.7k and needs 100% meter. She also has 63214C Loop which does DUMB damage. She doesn't really have too much of an anti-air ga

F and C Ryougi are good from what I've seen. H is most Hype, but not as good.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2009, 04:04:38 PM »
Fair enough; we will have to agree to disagree on F and H.  AAD is difficult enough to get on it's own, and come December 26th it will most likely get patched / fixed / removed if Ryougi gets put into Final Tuned.  Unblockables are indeed good, but they don't net any extra damage if one hits, so in my mind 4C into sweep loop is a better deal than 5[C].  Ryougi needs every bit to compete, no matter what the moon.

Back when MBAA was still fresh, I had a hell of a hard time as it was trying to figure out which moon to stick to.  If H is considered low tier, then I'm going to try my absolute hardest to at the very least, change that notion.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
Fair enough; we will have to agree to disagree on F and H.  AAD is difficult enough to get on it's own, and come December 26th it will most likely get patched / fixed / removed if Ryougi gets put into Final Tuned.  Unblockables are indeed good, but they don't net any extra damage if one hits, so in my mind 4C into sweep loop is a better deal than 5[C].  Ryougi needs every bit to compete, no matter what the moon.

Back when MBAA was still fresh, I had a hell of a hard time as it was trying to figure out which moon to stick to.  If H is considered low tier, then I'm going to try my absolute hardest to at the very least, change that notion.

You should keep in mind though, that 4C isn't all that fast, and that her sweep loop doesn't work on a good chunk of the cast. Her knife catch (mini)game is pretty exciting though.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »
You should keep in mind though, that 4C isn't all that fast, and that her sweep loop doesn't work on a good chunk of the cast. Her knife catch (mini)game is pretty exciting though.

That's true, it doesn't work on the entire cast.  Nanaya and Tohno have her number on that one.  But so far as people it does work on (off the top of my head), it includes Akiha, Arcueid, Nero, Warachia, and Sion. 

And yes, knife catches are addictive   :D
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
I dont really fear S.Akihas or Ryougis with my bottom tier C-Sion. Imo pretty much both characters work best on the ground in an air based game. Sure F-Ryougi can be pretty dominant in the air but everyone has an antiair vs her. Ill place them at Low A at best but I see them struggling against F_Kohaku and up.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »
I dont really fear S.Akihas or Ryougis with my bottom tier C-Sion. Imo pretty much both characters work best on the ground in an air based game. Sure F-Ryougi can be pretty dominant in the air but everyone has an antiair vs her. Ill place them at Low A at best but I see them struggling against F_Kohaku and up.
How many good S.Akiha or Ryougi players have you played?

Exactly.

...fuck me. :(
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2009, 07:05:48 PM »
How many good S.Akiha or Ryougi players are there?

Exactly.

Fixed.
what the fuck is this game

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
Easier/simplier characters start out higher and tier lists then move down as people learn how to deal with the small bag of tricks they got (see: zangief). C Ryougi, and i guess H Ryougi apply here. Everything that everyone has said is good about her can be applied to almost any good character regardless of why they're good. Basically, what has been said can be summarized with "she has good normals, good damage, good pressure with rebeats, good oki with hit/throw...." ...which also applies to ANY character above B tier and many within it, so what exactly makes her better than those characters?

High damage that you have to work for being better than easier damage than can be gotten easily and many ways? It ultimately depends on the amount of damage and the exact circumstances but keep in mind that if you deal tons of damage but have only one way to deal it, your opponent is going to be playing the matchup hard and making sure it's hard for you to get that. However, having easy unblockables that are extremely safe and and applicable in most situations you find yourself in, as well as many ways/setups to use them is going to give your opponent more mental stress on how to deal with them rather than yourself; this often results in deciding who is controlling the pace of the fight which is very important in any fg.

Either way this whole debate is kind of moot now because of the announcement of MBAAFT; it will be one year at the very very latest until we see all moons of Ryougi in a solid spot in the tier list after enough tech has been discovered and explored. You'd be better off asking what makes x character top/high tier; you might actually learn good matchup information for your next tournament match.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »
How many good S.Akiha or Ryougi players are there?

Exactly.

Fixed.
I'll get better :(

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »
Console/Joke Char tier

Ryougi > S Akiha = Mecha+Koha >> Mecha+Neko > Neco arc = NAC
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:24:16 PM by Lord Knight »
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »
Looking at the latest tier list and I don't see c-sacchin on it, which means she is in the everyone else C-tier again....hmmmm ohh well, this game is fairly balanced.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
Console/Joke Char tier

Ryougi > S Akiha = Mecha+Koha >> Mecha+Neko > Neco arc = NAC

NA is better than NAC :|

Anyways on a more relevant note, is there any sort of tentative tierlist for either CC or PS2, seeing as how a fairly large number of balancing changes have been made?(H-Koha having her command throw damage raped for example)

Offline koun

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Bebop
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »
Hey has there been any new tier updates and for Ryougi/S.Akiha i would say H>F>C Ryougi
H>C>F S.Akiha.

EDIT:I play H and i think that she is good but no one has really seen her.The only Ryougi that really well know is Rei and he only use C so than is what people see most of the time.No one has really shown what full can do also.

P.S. This is Jin winter rage from dl missedFRC.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:17:32 PM by koun »

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
H-Ryougi is easily the best version of her.
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Sima Matty

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
^Agreed.

I'd have to say Ryougi goes H>C>F, but I haven't seen F, so maybe H>C=F?

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
I thought Ryougi was H>C and C>F
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
For Ryougi and Sakiha imo its

Ryougi: H>F>C

Sakiha: C>H>F
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline s4itox

• Spellcaster
  • So who was phone?
    • View Profile
    • deeeeeeeeeeeeebiant art
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:35 PM »
IMO, I think Ryougi may be H >= C > F.
Reasons:
Given Ryougi's main point is pressuring in order to keep her fragile life intact, H and C, with the ability to reverse beat, have this much easier than F-Ryougi (but that might be simply because I just suck at F-moon charas).
I consider C and H about equal since while H does have guard crush, C has unblockables to mindfuck with people. However, H's combo potential seems a fair bit higher than that of C's (given 22A, 3C, etc) so I think that puts H slightly above C.

Offline Cornix

• Spellcaster
  • Soup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
I still vote that yoshino's very existence bumps Ren/Len up a tier.  But should still be a while before any kind of 'comprehensive' console tier will show up.
[00:47] <Cornix> Curbeh: How does one 'go back to neutral' more?
[00:47] <Curbeh> Put it on five
[00:47] <Curbeh> FUCKING STOP TIME
----- [03:00] <jiyuna> i lost nec and i fucked 19 women that night [03:00] <jiyuna> with tears in my eyes [03:00] <jiyuna> i made them pay

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2010, 02:07:20 AM »
For Ryougi... H>>>>>>> The other two. Don't even worry about them, just let me and Nas play them as gimmicks  :prinny:

F has fast range pokes, C has more damage and rebeat primarily. F's pressure isn't all too bad, seeing as the 2nd hit of the rekkas will fuck with people. Charged is + on block, so no jumping out, and the 2nd hit uncharged is pretty much a blockstring reset. Which you either keep blocking, shield, backdash, etc since she just outspaces you.

Nas usually beats me in our mirror matches, though both of us have shitty experience in it (seeing as I rely on outspacing opponents in blockstrings and can't do that) and I don't think nas is used to facing against people who get up faster (lolRyougi) But the last time we played was pretty close. I'd say C>F mainly due to damage output >>> . But F blockstrings are pretty scary (Though I'm playing as Ryougi so I'm paper :()  I still think C > F, but I'm getting outplayed (even though F's j.B is such a bullshit move). Damn yo, I need to step shit up.

Like honestly, put H and S tier. C and F are around A tier or so IMO. It sucks we have no good JP players to watch. Though it's weird, I'm so goddamn inconsistent :(. Doing great one day, sucking the next... I really should just practice more. (Though I find it odd that I tend to outplace Nas at majors. Prolly just brackets)

H is a lot better than C. Knife catch, 3C, high ass damage combos leading into MASSIVE heat gain, leading into LIFE REGEN is gorgeous. Also knife catch mixups, and midscreen loops are sexy.

C's pressure isn't as good as people thing. There is lag after airdash, and startup on the ground dash. Making it really hard to keep people in safe. The best I can do is just super long ass blockstrings with all of my ground normals, into 22C then rinse/repeat into guardbreak (or knife pickup cancel if they EX guard) or grab after the initial 22C lol.

in short H>>C>F
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:31:21 PM by Rei »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
C Ryougi has that amazing 5A whiff cancel and better jumping normals.  C is the only moon that has a j.A that can rebeat into itself in the air (which is great for people who have quick air normals like Miyako), a j.B sandoori that actually hits consistenly on both sides, and a plethora of unblockables that get her around easily.  Charged 623A makes for a fun game of chicken (lol). 

Not to mention it's the only moon that has more control over it's own lifebar than the other styles.

I've been dabbling in F a bit more these days, and she plays like Jekyll and Hide -- a great spacing-oriented footsie game that turns deadly when her offensive flow gets started.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
I have to say I prefer C-Ryougi over the other two. Mostly because I prefer gimmicky play over power. I'd have to say tier wise H>C>F mostly because H has the knife catch mixups and I can't really wrap my head around F to the point where I can play it properly.