hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC Announcer Voice Mod  (Read 16639 times)

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
MBAACC Announcer Voice Mod
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
So does anyone remember the extra announcer voices that you could unlock in the PS2 version of MBAC?  :V

No? Okay. Did anyone ever wish that those announcer voices were available in MBAACC?

Also no? Alright then, well the wish you never made has come true! This mod allows you to use the announcer voices from MBAC PS2 in MBAACC PC. Now you can relive the hype that was Hisui's announcer voice! Woohoo!

Downloads:
Release: Download! [ 24 / 11 / 2014 ] Mirror! (Make sure you uncheck their download accelerator thing.)
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC Announcer Voice Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 02:02:43 AM »
Totally unrelated: I was wondering if it will be possible to edit color palettes in MBAACC ala Dreamcast MvC2?

There shouldn't be any real problem to load custom palettes, but editing them might be an issue. IIRC the palettes are 256 colors per character. And the palettes will have to be edited externally.

But once those two issues are sorted out, there shouldn't be any issue loading them.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline jellyheaven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
    • View Profile
    • www.bloodheat.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »
Nice add on Ekrz, Miyako voice too op. Can you make work the Coin Operated mode in game? I know it's built in somewhere when I saw it with the decompiler but obviously I don't have any idea how to do it.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »
Nice add on Ekrz, Miyako voice too op. Can you make work the Coin Operated mode in game? I know it's built in somewhere when I saw it with the decompiler but obviously I don't have any idea how to do it.
Thanks.

Also. I remember someone else asking about this a while back. IIRC I looked into it but couldn't make it work.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
I need more Aoko announcer in my life.

I would also be very wary of a coin-op mod. It's one thing to be hacking the game for random bits, but enabling something that would directly enable bootlegging the arcade version is something I would strongly advise against doing, even given how old the game is.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 05:53:10 PM »
This is really nice, but is there any way to set it to save the announcer you pick? 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
I need more Aoko announcer in my life.

I would also be very wary of a coin-op mod. It's one thing to be hacking the game for random bits, but enabling something that would directly enable bootlegging the arcade version is something I would strongly advise against doing, even given how old the game is.
Sound advice. I'll keep it in mind.

This is really nice, but is there any way to set it to save the announcer you pick?
I... honestly never expected anyone to want to keep one specific announcer, so I kind of overlooked that. I could probably update the program so that it patches the MBAACC exe with a specific announcer so that you don't need to keep running the mod to keep selecting the same voice over and over.

I'll see when I can get around to it.

Offline Saikyo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 07:45:34 AM »
Cool mod, W.Len voice wasnt the announcer in Act Cadenza Ver.B?

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 04:09:41 AM »
To anyone that still uses this, mirror moon has released their own version, which includes two extra announcers - Melty Blood's Walachia and ReAct's White Len. Also, instead of soft writing the announcer to RAM like mine does, their version lets you save the selected announcer so that you don't need to run it every time you want to change the announcer.

You can grab it here.

Offline ArchDemon

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 12:10:49 AM »
Hi guys. Anyone interested in using different announcer voices in the Steam release of MBAACC? Well, now you can! The MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector has been updated to v1.1 and doesn't modify any of the original game files, keeping your installation clean and intact. Just run Voice.exe to open the selector, select the voice you want and click Apply, then either click Run Game or run the game manually by double-clicking on MBAAV.exe. Have fun!

MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector v1.1: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]

Note: Avast! antivirus and possibly others might cause the announcer voice selector to run very slowly. Disable DeepScan or add to exceptions for it to work properly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:47:10 AM by ArchDemon »

Offline UltraOmega500

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 12:30:51 PM »
Well one could make a new file extractor 000x.p, as though the old that I still have is able to extract all the content of the game in steam version, the files are correctly will have extracted staying with graphical errors in photos , pics and text files.

Although I must say that the game is fully translated into English, including all the Boss Rush Mode text as well.

Offline ArchDemon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 03:45:41 AM »
Hi guys, I've updated the MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector. The version number is the same, but I've split the files into a Standalone archive for the voice selector and the sound files, and an Executable archive for quick and easy updates whenever a new Steam patch comes out (currently at v1.01). The download links can be found below:

Links Updated: 2016-05-01

Please go here for the latest version.

MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector Standalone v1.1: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector Steam Executable v1.02b: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
MBAACC Announcer Voice Selector Japanese Executable v1.07: [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]

Note: Avast! antivirus and possibly others might cause the voice selector to run very slowly. Disable DeepScan or add Voice.exe to the exceptions for it to work properly.

Also, here's an English hard-subbed opening movie from us at mirror moon for anyone interested:

MBAACC Subtitled Opening Movie (for Steam and Japanese DVD): [MediaFire] [MD5 Checksum]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:01:31 AM by ArchDemon »

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
Awesome, ArchDemon.  :toot:

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:19 AM »
 :fap:

Offline ArchDemon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile