When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Misaki Town Bakery > Melty Blood Auditorium

MBAACC Boss Rush Mode Hack

(1/7) > >>

Erkz:
While it might not be as amazing as a better netplay client or spiffy launcherconfigurator, I've been working on my own useless little projects.  :V

This is basically a hack that puts as much of the Boss Rush Mode from the PS2 version of MBAA as possible back into the PC version of MBAACC, so you can relive the suffering again. Or live it anew with Fully Armed Ciel and True Ancestor Arcueid. I don't care either way, so long as people have fun with it.  :toot:

Released! See below for download links!

Screenshots:

Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4

Video:
Demonstration Video
Release Video

Downloads:
Latest Release: Download! [ 24 / 04 / 2016]
- Fixes the crash with Hisui and Kohaku that was happening for two years and apparently no one caught that? lol

Older Releases:
[ 21 / 04 / 2014 ] Mirror!

koorimusha:
I'm actually quite fascinated and curious. Tell me, are the Boss Rush files already present in Current Code? Which I'm pretty sure it is, as how you got Eclipse Aoko, Riesbyfe, whomever else.

Let me ask some more questions. Exactly what kind of tools do you use for this? Or are you perhaps a really hardcore programmer and make your own tools with C and program whatever you want in the game? Props to you, if you can.

On that same note, how possible or impossible would it be to add content to the game that originally wasn't there? I know this is a PS2 port for the most part, so I can see how a boss rush mode can be added. But what if it was something that was never put in there? Like, oh I don't know. Let's just say something like uhhh... CHALLENGE MODE maybe? Just a little arbitrary thought there... *cough*

Heh, in all seriousness. I look forward to this hack. I always felt that MBAACC could have had much more. In a way, the PS2 version and Act Cadenza had more. Who else missed things like Boss Rush and Team Battles? It's not like having them made the game worse, did they just not decide to program it? But whatever the case, I don't see this as pointless. It's adding things to the game that should actually have been there in the first place.

Erkz:

--- Quote from: koorimusha on April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM ---I'm actually quite fascinated and curious. Tell me, are the Boss Rush files already present in Current Code? Which I'm pretty sure it is, as how you got Eclipse Aoko, Riesbyfe, whomever else.
--- End quote ---

A lot of them, yes.

--- Quote from: koorimusha on April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM ---Let me ask some more questions. Exactly what kind of tools do you use for this? Or are you perhaps a really hardcore programmer and make your own tools with C and program whatever you want in the game? Props to you, if you can.
--- End quote ---

Uh, as far as tools go, I use an x86 disassembler, a hex editor, an image editor and a text editor? I wish I was a hardcore programmer, lol, but I guess if I really needed to, I could make tools to help me do things, though I haven't really needed to. Also there are pretty hard limits to what I can add to the game, haha.

--- Quote from: koorimusha on April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM ---On that same note, how possible or impossible would it be to add content to the game that originally wasn't there? I know this is a PS2 port for the most part, so I can see how a boss rush mode can be added. But what if it was something that was never put in there? Like, oh I don't know. Let's just say something like uhhh... CHALLENGE MODE maybe? Just a little arbitrary thought there... *cough*
--- End quote ---

That sounds like it'd be a neat addition, but it's easily something impossible for me to do due to being outside the scope of my abilities, haha.

--- Quote from: koorimusha on April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM ---Heh, in all seriousness. I look forward to this hack. I always felt that MBAACC could have had much more. In a way, the PS2 version and Act Cadenza had more. Who else missed things like Boss Rush and Team Battles? It's not like having them made the game worse, did they just not decide to program it? But whatever the case, I don't see this as pointless. It's adding things to the game that should actually have been there in the first place.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. And yeah. Seeing those things returning would have been great. I think it's just bad luck that those features didn't make it though. There's references to game modes and characters that didn't make it into the final version, so I'm guessing that French Bread did originally plan to add them, but then Type-Moon asked them to make the PC port in time for the Carnival Phantasm BD release, so they decided to cut the unnecessary modes and just focus on essential things like netplay. Afterwards, they went full steam ahead on UNIB, only really patching game-breaking bugs in MBAA. And now that they're trying to juggle DFC and UNIB [with UNIB apparently currently losing out to DFC], they likely have no time or resources to devote to MBAACC. In fact, if I remember correctly, they're hiring again, which means they don't even have enough to work on both UNIB and DFC right now.

*sigh*

At least there are crazy fans to do crazy things.

Erkz:
Sorry about the double post, but the mod is now released.  :V

See the first post for details.

abitofBaileys:
Awesome shit, Erkz! I am already shedding tears over facing E-KohaMech again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version