hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC Tiers  (Read 127069 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: MBAACC Tiers
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »
yeah, I may be the one hating but seriously play whoever you want dood~

:prinny:

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
haha ryougi is for stupid ugly people
It's always the Ryougi haters...

No, but seriously. Is there any hope for someone who wants to play Ryougi come December 31st, or are these tier lists pretty much definite and we're certain that she's gonna be MBAACC's Ciel?

Yeah.. but there are already a million people who play her. She was always strong. The only thing that's changed is that she's getting more attention from the JP community. If you want to play her, play her though. There's no reason you shouldn't.

There are instances where you can get meaty vs Ryougi.  It's nothing BUT gimmicky to mash out stupid stuff(2a/throw) in those instances.  I wouldn't call those other things gimmicky either.  But there are other things like this that are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvhyo-LqpK4#t=8m53s

Wakeup 214c isn't really a wakeup, doing custom combo in neutral/pressure, with C using 421c to hit people crossup(there's different voice clips for 214c and 421c so this should really never hit people if they know about it), and the air tech attack are some examples of gimmicky things with her.  There are also situations, similar to Nanaya mashing on 2a/2c at a distance in pressure, where you have to deal with her mashing even though there are great options to shut it down. 

It's not just about being ignorant in how to space vs Ryougi.  There are plenty of random bad things she can do that you have to be aware of and understand how to shut down.  She isn't a gimmicky character like Necos that rely on that stuff to win matches but that stuff is definitely there. 

I see what you're saying but for some reason I can't bring myself to call some of the stuff gimmicks.

I don't really know much about trying to confuse people with C's 214c/421c or applications of custom combos outside of combos. I only play H and haven't bothered to experiment much with the other moons. The air tech I can definitely give you. It's pretty unnecessary. But I think 214a is just a strong zoning tool. I don't think it's gimmicky. You'll definitely get punished if you over use it but...

I think we need a formal definition of gimmick.

I'm probably just biased I guess... Haha..ha..
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:39:01 PM by Greg »
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
Tiers? I only see tears.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »
Tiers? I only see tears.

There's a difference?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:50 AM »
A gimmick is something that only works if your opponent doesn't know how to beat it.   Syn. cheese.

Another way to think about it is your success relies entirely on your opponent, sans execution errors.

Haven't you played Story Mode?  Kohaku WRITES the tier list.

requesting more info.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:07:22 AM by Zaelar »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:52 AM »
A gimmick is something that only works if your opponent doesn't know how to beat it.   Syn. cheese.

Another way to think about it is your success relies entirely on your opponent, sans execution errors.

I agree with this definition.

I don't recall exactly how many times I've seen players get hit by 214a/b in vids. They just don't know how to block it for some reason. They've been figuring out to block 421c high but Ieda's post-421 mixups are getting them.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »

I don't know. I feel like if you define it that way it kinda includes everything. You and not your opponent are ultimately the one that decides the frequency and position of all your attacks. There's no way anything can rely on your opponent's actions alone.

Waiting for someone to start jumping and stop thinking and then hitting them with 214a is not a gimmick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE2YTqUv8Q <- Ryougi Gimmick
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »
Using a 214a because you think they will jump isn't a gimmick.  Spamming 214a because they don't know how to beat it is.  In this case the individual move isn't the gimmick, the strategy behind it is.  Spam projectiles, gimmick.  Zone with projectiles, anti-airing when necessary, not gimmick.

In high level play the only legitimate reason to go for a gimmick is if you think your opponent doesn't know how to beat it.  If you have any other reason for going for it, like it beats their move x, it isn't a gimmick.

What if my strategy is to only dp in grab, and do no other attacks?  It's certainly not the best way to play, but it would depend on the matchup if it's a gimmick or not.  With Ciel using 22b and grab you could just mash 2a all day and win, thus it's a gimmick.  Now with Nananya doing that it might be a legitimate, albeit bad, strategy.

I originally had a slightly different way of wording the definition, and it's bugging me that I can't remember it.

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »
So there aren't gimmicky moves, only gimmicky strategies? That seems to make sense.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »
It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

+Heat'd, Signatured, Tweeted, sent to 8 different IRC channels, and put in my **AOL Instant Messenger Profile**:V :V :V :prinny: :prinny: :toot: :toot: :toot: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :psyduck: :slowpoke: :prinny: :toot: :prinny: :prinny: :V :V :V
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
You should add but in 2012 you better switch your character or I'll destroy the world.

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
Quote from: Komidol
Ryougi players are treated like shit

Victims
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
Ryougi players are portrayed as the victims

They don't wanna be portrayed as the victims.

BTW fkouma is fucking amazing.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
Ryougi players are portrayed as the victims

They don't wanna be portrayed as the victims.

BTW fkouma is fucking amazing.

Why are we treated as victims?! We just love the character is all. Oh yeah I'm learing F-Kouma too  ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:57:50 PM by dumba989 »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2011, 08:03:26 PM »
i'd define a gimmick as a visual trick that only tricks the opponent because he doesn't understand how it works
the reason he doesn't know how to deal with it is because he doesn't know how it works; if he did know then the solution would be obvious
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Aside from it needing to be visual that's basically what I said in different words.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Any news on that?
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
I made my personal tier list if anyone's interested:

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »
I wouldn't put HArc and HNero on the same level of CArc, CRoa, FVAkiha, and FHime.

EDIT: I can't tell Akihas apart.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:14:13 PM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2013, 04:46:16 PM »
I wouldn't put HArc and HNero on the same level of CArc, CRoa, FVAkiha, and FHime.

EDIT: I can't tell Akihas apart.
Thanks for the reply. I might be wrong after all since it's different from most of the opinions of players much better then me, but it's still the way I think:

The reason H Arcueid is A+ imo is that she has good strings with lots of moves that moves forward, excellent air vs. air set, very dangerous jump-ins on block, incredible damage output (probably one of the highests) with okizeme ender, good mixups, 2 crossups, high life, can otg relaunch out of sweeps with 623C, can confirm corner okizeme combo out of anything.

H Nero is because he has lots of good different tools and doesnt lose Nero's basic main attacks. In the other hand his special moves arent as good as C and F to use on neutral to cover you, but I think H Nero doesnt need it, he's supposedly to be played differently, I think he has some serious potential with the tools he have to play a more agressive style. It's Nero after all...

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »
Maybe I don't know the character well enough, but I can't think of any mixup HArc has that I'm scared of.

I don't know anything about HNero, though. I just don't know what can overcome the lack of 5[C], good specials, and meter.

My Personal Tierlist™ would be something like this:

Sei, Nero, Roa
Hime, Arc, VAkiha, PCL
Satsuki, Maids, Koha, Nana, KohaMech
Hisui, Aoko, Tohno, Warc
Ciel, Len, Wara, Ries, WLen, Sion, Akiha
Ryougi, Kouma, Mech, Miya, VSion
Meko, Mech
NA

NAC
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:59:18 PM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »
C-Akiha A+ tier...what the fuck am I reading.
Are we even playing the same game?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:14:10 AM by fiendmaw »
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »
C-Akiha is GO1 tier. He could probably even make F-Sei look like a B-tier chara.

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2013, 06:54:15 AM »
Always interesting to see other ppl's opinions. Thanks for putting in the time to put in the moons as well.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:59 PM »
C-Akiha A+ tier...what the fuck am I reading.
Are we even playing the same game?
Hey, at least he has F-mech in the right spot...

. . .
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.