When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAC Translation Progress  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Ryuusoul

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
MBAC Translation Progress
« on: August 25, 2007, 08:23:46 PM »
For those curious, I finished completely translating MBAC on 20 August. We still have a whole lot of pictures to edit, since a lot of the random text you see in the game are actually in the form of picture files (over 1400 of them), so that may take a while.

We're considering just releasing a text-only release of a patch, which would have all the non-graphics text translated while we wait to get everything else done.

Edit: Somebody somewhere else had a good question.

Quote from: mir
Outstanding, I'm looking forward to it.

For that text patch idea, it would be just the translations in a txt file? Or will it actually display in game. If the 2nd option is the case, then could you clarify which texts are picture format and which are text text?

It will show in the game. All the arcade mode text and win quote text will be in English. Everything else is pretty much picture files.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:06:24 PM by Ryuusoul »

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
Re: MBAC Translation Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »
Sounds cool.

Maybe even keep it as a separate version, since pictures will definitely increase the patch filesize. I'm sure dial-up users would appreciate it, if there are any (that are MB players)

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »
Well, if they hope to have a snowball's chance in hell at netplay, they best not be on dialup.

In this day and age, I feel sorry for anyone still stuck in the hell of dialup. Hell, I can tether my phone to my laptop as a ghetto-modem and get speeds twice as fast as 56k.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 04:34:15 PM »
Heheh..
well, netplay's not out yet.

Wonder how much longer before it is..

And yeah, dialup sucks. I only know one person who had it, but he switched to DSL last year. But I'm sure there's some out there.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »
Good stuff. Thanks for the update.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."