hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAC Ver.B PC  (Read 85357 times)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Re: MBAC Ver.B PC
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2007, 02:32:26 PM »
So....

Who's gonna SMASH their (b**tleg) copy of MBAC:PS2 ?!!!  >:D

I know once I have my p*****d copy of the PC ver my old copy is getting smashed to teeny-tiny bits. I'll update w/ some before and after pics.  ;D
Do you have them yet? :X How about recording footage of you smashing it and/or driving over it with a car and whatever else comes to mind? lol

If you're going to do anything, microwave it, then smash it and/or drive over it with a car. Another idea would be to attach a mini cam to the disk and drop it from a really high place.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »
So....

Who's gonna SMASH their (b**tleg) copy of MBAC:PS2 ?!!!  >:D

I know once I have my p*****d copy of the PC ver my old copy is getting smashed to teeny-tiny bits. I'll update w/ some before and after pics.  ;D
Do you have them yet? :X How about recording footage of you smashing it and/or driving over it with a car and whatever else comes to mind? lol

If you're going to do anything, microwave it, then smash it and/or drive over it with a car. Another idea would be to attach a mini cam to the disk and drop it from a really high place.

If anything, should be productive with the ps2 disks. I have found that  superglueing one (or even a few) to a Frisbee acts as a stabilizer and thus making your tosses that much more dangerous fun. Now add a dog trying to fetch to the picture.... :P
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
That opening video will play in windowed mode only, for me. Odd bug.

Now that you mention it, it does the same on my computer too. I even tried changing the movie file to the ye olde OP just for fun, but that wouldn't work either in fullscreen.

I dunno though, I kinda like the old pre-AC OP better. Maybe I'm just nostalgic. :slowpoke:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »

Now that you mention it, it does the same on my computer too. I even tried changing the movie file to the ye olde OP just for fun, but that wouldn't work either in fullscreen.

I dunno though, I kinda like the old pre-AC OP better. Maybe I'm just nostalgic. :slowpoke:
me too i think il change it.
but i can see it in full screen mode.

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline Escobar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • B.O.B.B.Y. D.I.G.I.T.A.L.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »
Finally got mine delivered earlier today, as I missed it on monday.

The packaging is so sexy I almost don't want to remove the shrink wrap...I'll have to sleep on it T_T.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2007, 03:51:01 PM »

crap now that i've updated i cant see the opening either.

Offline Irovax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »
The packaging is so sexy I almost don't want to remove the shrink wrap...

Amen. I stole my friend's copy. Mine is sitting in all of its beautiful glory right next to my computer. X3 Nyoro~n.

Offline Armitage

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2007, 03:04:57 AM »
well Revolve Translations announced that they'll be working on it, even tho i'm sure its no surprise to anyone - http://www.revolve-trans.org/

i'm just waiting for the someone to do a net patch to play online and hope its not to buggy   =/

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2007, 06:36:27 AM »
well Revolve Translations announced that they'll be working on it, even tho i'm sure its no surprise to anyone - http://www.revolve-trans.org/

i'm just waiting for the someone to do a net patch to play online and hope its not to buggy   =/

Sweetness.

Tropsy is also working on using some code from Caster's Immaterial and Missing Power netplay patch to code his own MBAC netplay patch. This makes me giddy from excitement.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2007, 08:03:31 AM »

Kohaku, a.k.a. "Doctor Amber", is the nefarious mastermind behind the whole event.  Basically, she lured Neko-Arc Chaos into his whole journey by throwing a copy of her bogus "Kohaku Shinbun" newspaper through his window.

... Oh, heck, I might as well synopsize the whole Neko-Arc Chaos storyline.  I'm doing these mostly from memory (I don't have a video of the playthrough to use for double-checking), so please excuse a few inaccuracies here and there.

Beginning of game:

Neko-Arc Chaos had just finished sitting through a massive anime marathon.  He remarks that "HD-DVDs are a marvelous thing."  Papergirl Kohaku then rides by, shouts "newspaper! newspaper!" and throws a newspaper through his window.  Neko-Arc Chaos goes "hmm?  A mysterious, window-breaking newspaper... well, let's see what it says, shall we?"  Among the things that he reads:

-- TCMC, Team Chaos Monster Cats, will air at the conclusion of baseball.  Neko-Arc Chaos: "Well then, must remember to set my timed recording for 2 AM for that!"

He then flips to the classified section:

-- Nero in critical condition, soon to go to heaven.  Neko-Arc Chaos: "Yeah... whatever."

-- A congratulatory proclamation for someone's wedding.  Neko-Arc Chaos: "Mmm... I wish you the best, as well."

-- Someone's trying to sell a "jar of happiness".  Neko-Arc Chaos: "...Oh heck no!  I've already bought 300 fake jars like yours!"

He eventually sees the following entry:

-- "Chaos, please contact me.  George in Hollywood."  Neko-Arc Chaos: "George in Hollywood... No way!  Could it possibly be ... Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucas?!  He wants to talk to me?  I must be off at once!  You just wait, ILM (the "L" is bleeped out :P), a new Superstar shall be born!"

Mid-Boss (Damien Armies):

Neko-Arc Chaos: "And so, through the tunnel, here I am. (in an abandoned factory with tons of Neko-Arc Chaos in the background and occasionally Sacchin peeking in)"

Mysterious Voice: "Welcome to the party.  You're the 666th entrant to our splendid audition to decide the next Celeb Neko.  This is our magnificent stage."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh?  No matter how you look at it, it looks like an abandoned factory..."

Mysterious Voice: "Oh, how keen you are.  But then, that's to be expected, considering that you are me and I am you..." *reveals himself as a clone of Neko-Arc Chaos*

Neko-Arc Chaos: *Shocked* "You are...!  It can't be, but you are...!  In other words, you are...?!"

Mysterious Voice: "I am a copy of you, geez!  I'm one of the copies who pop out whenever you use Down, Down + B or C, sheesh!  My name is Neko-Arc Black!"

Neko-Arc Black: "So, we meet at last, Original... Or should I say 'he who was the Original'..."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh?  By that, I infer that you mean to vanquish me and take my place?"

Neko-Arc Black: "Indeed.  I am the most powerful Neko in all of America, and I deserve the spotlight.  But I won't be doing this alone.  Here, let me introduce you to my team -- the Damien Force."  *A second Neko-Arc clone appears*

Neko-Arc Noir: "I am Neko-Arc Noir ("noir" is "black" in French).  I aim to be the first Neko honored by the Macademy (a parody of the Academy that presents the Oscars)."  *A third Neko-Arc clone appears*

Neko-Arc Schwarz: "I am Neko-Arc Schwarz ("schwarz" is "black" in German).  I aim to be the first Neko to be rendered by Pixar into full 3-D CG."  *A fourth Neko-Arc clone appears*

Neko-Arc Nero: "All of America makes me cry.  I am Neko-Arc Nero, and I am the last line of defense."

Neko-Arc Black: "And now we must stop you.  For it is her (actually, he says "aitsu", which is a gender-ambiguous pronoun... but we all know who he's talking about) will."  *Fight begins*

Before Boss Battle (Neko Chaos Black G666):

Neko-Arc Chaos: "So this is the luxury liner, Golden Don, that leads to Hollywood...  Is that right, o beautiful lady over there?"

Kohaku: "That's right!  This is the ship (furigana reads "trap") that will make you a star (furigana reads "send you to the stars")!"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Hmm... Somehow, your words make me uneasy.  Aren't you the one who delivered that newspaper?  It's not one of those sinister papers who lead you to your death, is it?"

Kohaku: "No way!  My Kohaku Shinbun provides "clean" news that is without smear campaigns, sensationalism, unnecessary publication lags, missing words, or typos!  I've got to use it to trick Shiki-san every morning, after all!"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh, Glasses (referring to Shiki)...  Such a sad life you lead, being lied to all the time... If you weren't such a commendable sociopathic killer, I'd be lamenting your gullibility more..."

Kohaku: "Well, anyway, it's time to board the ship to your dreams!  Since you've gotten this far, don't even think of backing out now!  That means, all you noobs and untrained combo artists playing, that it's too late to quit now!  If you do, I'll start by erasing the folders on your hard drive one by one!  How's that for incentive?"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Well, I dunno... You've got a bomb strapped under the table here and a torpedo tied to the chair there... I don't think I'll be boarding."

Kohaku: "Grrrr!  Why are you so difficult!  Neko-Arc-san bought into everything so easily!  I was able to send her (and her various copies) walking off the plank like so many lemmings!  Oh well, time to reveal my ultimate weapon!"

*dialogue boxes disappear momentarily and Kohaku shouts "come on, Black G!" as Neko Chaos Black G666 descends*

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Wh-What is this?!  A long-lost relic of ancient Earth civilization?!"

Kohaku: "No, no, no.  It's my ultimate weapon -- the fruit of careful observation and scrupulous planning!  It's designed for the perfect and complete extermination of all Neko-Arc creatures on Earth!  Hate to tell you, but you don't stand a chance!"

Neko Chaos Black G666: "That's right.  In order to destroy all the Neko-Arcs, I will even snuff out the sun if I have to!"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "So... That means... that the request from George is..."

Kohaku: "...my strategem!  I used it to lure you out here! (heart mark) [Yes, the text actually had "(haato maaku)" written there]"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "And the rebellion from the Damiens is also..."

Kohaku: "...my strategem!  That was my way of making sure there's only one left for me to get rid of! (heart mark)"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "And Shion's infinite combo...?  White Len being a tsundere...?"

Kohaku: "*menacing voice* All of that was my doing! *normal/cute voice* Kyaa!  I've always wanted to say that!"

Neko Chaos Black G666: "And now, Original, is the moment of truth.  Time for you to face your demise!"

Kohaku: "That's right.  My Black G is programmed to be a complete copy of Mr. Chaos' power.  Black G, show him the power of your 666 (the furigana for 666 reads "fujimi" which means "invincibility")!"

Neko Chaos Black G666: "Normally, my programming dictates that you would have to defeat me 666 times.  But I'll waive that and make it so that 2 rounds will suffice between us."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Yes, I thank you for that.  I'm rather anxious to see the new ending scenario they designed for me specifically for this release of the game, after all."

Neko Chaos Black G666: "Okay, then... Let's get it on!"

*Dialogue boxes disappear and are replaced with calligraphy-style writing that says "Believe in Chaos, Nero, and Melty Blood! -- Kohaku (with her emblem reading "Happy New Year")*

Neko-Arc Chaos's post-Boss Fight Quote:

"Hmm, I sense a core overload explosion coming...!  Super Jet Mode activate!  Goodbye, Earth!  Have a good time without the likes of me around!"

Ending:

Neko-Arc Chaos: *In space* "Now then...  It was a good thing I got out of the way of the explosion of that robot, who had to have been enough of a bomb to destroy the Earth 666 times over."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh?  What's this?  Instead it's covering the Earth with a shockwave whose only result is to make all the shrimp jump out of the oceans?"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh, well done, Doctor Amber.  To think of powering your giant robot through the energies of kindness..."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Oh well, I'll just take it easy out here for a while.  No. 4 will be along to get me in a little bit."

Neko-Arc Chaos: "What's that?  Our anime spinoff plan failed and so there won't be a No. 4 unit made?!"

Neko-Arc Chaos: "Hellllllllllllllllllp Me!!!  Forget No. 4, I'll take the International Emergency Relief force!"

Kudos to Kamatari again :>
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »
That is the most freaking awesome arcade scenario ever.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2007, 10:36:48 AM »
wow thanks for translating.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
Neko-Arc Chaos: "And Shion's infinite combo...?  White Len being a tsundere...?"

Kohaku: "*menacing voice* All of that was my doing! *normal/cute voice* Kyaa!  I've always wanted to say that!"

This had me fucking rolling.

XD
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
It's stuff like this that makes me wish you could play as Neco Arc Chaos at the arcade.

*looks at everyone*

Err, you CAN'T use him in the arcade version, right? :slowpoke:

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD-BZxhAHxw

>:D

Goddammit, I knew I was doing it wrong. :psyduck:

Actually, does the arcade manager have to have to unlock it first or do you have to press shield? I did the latter at AI yesterday and failed. :emo:

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »

Chibi you should drop hisui and pick up neco chaos as your main.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
Learn to use rockets, man! j.C into 214 B is beautiful!
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »
I am seriously learning to play him actually.

:P
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:00:20 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »

Actually, does the arcade manager have to have to unlock it first or do you have to press shield? I did the latter at AI yesterday and failed. :emo:

its already in the game, you press Start on Nero though, not Shield.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2007, 04:33:39 PM »

its already in the game, you press Start on Nero though, not Shield.

Ah, awesome! Thanks. I'm gonna try that tonight. XD

(+1 heat for j00)

Offline CrazyCakeTank

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2007, 12:00:37 AM »
Don't think it's been discussed yet, but are the System Voices still unlockable in the PC Version, tried beating the Survival Mode with Hisui and Kohaku as well as Neco-Arc, but no dice. Anyone got any information on this?

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2007, 09:08:07 AM »
Honestly I've been looking around for this as well and I haven't seen anything so far. Oh yea, can anyone tell me what the stuff in the Omake folder on the CD is or how to get my wordpad to show japanese characters?

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »
Honestly I've been looking around for this as well and I haven't seen anything so far. Oh yea, can anyone tell me what the stuff in the Omake folder on the CD is or how to get my wordpad to show japanese characters?

Judging from the quotes (and because Ever17 has the same sort of fanservice to it - my system sounds are currently set to Tsugumi :blah: ), they're voice sample replacements for your usual system sounds. Long story short, you can now have Neco Arc Chaos telling you that you have mail. :V

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2007, 10:45:45 AM »
Ah I see, I kinda figured that what it was, though there is a folder called "replays" in there that doesn't have any sound files, somehow I think it's something seperate from the folder with the system sounds but who knows...