When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 version in August Confirmed (now with Ryougi!)  (Read 346870 times)

Hei

Okay woah wtf, perhaps playtime can unlock characters or something as I was playing for about 8 hours straight today in various modes (that weren't Arcade) and took a break. When I turned it back on everyone (besides Archetype Earth) was unlocked. wat
Lol same 6-8hrs of party Metlying, when i reloaded everyone was there besides type earth, and when i got to the last boss on boss rush mode then quit, the next morn i loaded i see type earth ... what? D: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
Well I don't know what to think now. I've beaten arcade mode with every character, gotten all the conversation/story things, beaten Boss Rush mode without dying with Tohno and Ryougi, definitely played more than 8 hours now and I still have yet to unlock Archetype: Earth  :emo:
Does anyone have a clue as to how to actually unlock Archetype: Earth?
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline shiki321

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • The God of Death
    • View Profile
 :mystery:

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
it's a mystery indeed, i did this way (all fucked up):

played arcade with all characters that unlocks the other, then i did boss rush losing rounds, then i cleared arcade other 5-6 times and all cutscenes were unlocked, did arcade with ryougi twice, then i did boss rush again
cleared arcade with other 2 chars then Archetype appeared, wat

i guess it counts only the time spent playing
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline shiki321

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • The God of Death
    • View Profile
Okay this is getting strange now, when i first play the game, i played arcade mode with Ryougi Shiki once and then i played and beaten boss rush with Tohno Shiki then all of a sudden i got Archetype Earth when i have not got everthing yet.

What's going on?  ???

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
if you get past boss rush without losing a single round then you're done, or else it's just luck based, lol

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
I think it's when you play Boss Rush sometimes Archetype Earth just decides to show up and if you beat her you unlock her.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
fap to ryougi and unlock type earth?

type earth isn't unlocking on mine. everyone unlocked, 8+ hours, boss rush yada yada, and still no type earth. i came buckets when i fought an eclipse style ryougi, though. i want E-Ryougi.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile

type earth isn't unlocking on mine. everyone unlocked, 8+ hours, boss rush yada yada, and still no type earth. i came buckets when i fought an eclipse style ryougi, though. i want E-Ryougi.

How'd you randomly fight and eclipse style Ryougi? Survival? Or just like randoming all day in VS CPU
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
stage 7, perfect round.

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
I'll confirm that you can time-unlock Boss Rush and characters. My friend Joe and I have had well over 200 matches played and I imagine that would take a while. When we turned on the setup at NWM yesterday we had all the characters unlocked (except for A:E)
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile

How'd you randomly fight and eclipse style Ryougi? Survival? Or just like randoming all day in VS CPU

i dunno. my buddy was over the other day playing through with Roa and fought eclipse-ryougi. Earlier today (yesterday?) i was going through with Ciel and get E-Ryougi. sexy stuff. :fap:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Relunx

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
From GameFAQ:
Unlocks:
Kohaku & Mecha Hisui:
Beat Arcade Mode with Neco Arc's "A" path ("A" path=the first enemy is Koha & M-Hisui)
Neco Arc Chaos:
Beat Arcade Mode with Hisui and White Len
Mech Hisui & Neco Arc:
Beat Arcade Mode with Miyako (the last enemy is M-Hisui & Neco Arc)
Tohno Akiha School Uniform Version:
Beat Arcade Mode with Tohno Akiha and Akiha Vermillion
Boss Rush mode:
Beat Arcade Mode with all characters, or all the chars are need to be unlocked (coz sometimes if you beat arcade mode with a char it will unlock other chars's endings)

Fight Ryougi Shiki in Arcade Mode:
To fight Ryougi Shiki, win at least four matches before the eighth with Perfects and without losing a match. She'll fight you after the seventh match.

Play as Archetype: Earth in her Crescent Moon Style:
First you need to play as Archetype: Earth in her Eclipse Style. Then select her again by using the random character option. When you finally select her she will be in her Crescent Moon Style. Archetype: Earth in her Crescent Moon Style appears to be a phototype or a beta character. She has lots of glitches and sprite bugs.

Archetype Earth Arcueid:
She is mystery. Lots of version are:
- need 8+ hours gameplay
- beat Boss Rush with Tohno Shiki without losing a single round
- beat Aracade mode with all chars

As for me:
I beat Arcade with Tohno, Ryougi, Akiha, Vakiha NA, Nanaya, Warachia, Miyako, after Miyako all remaining secret chars are unlocked (except Princess Arc) including boss rush mode. Then I beat Boss Rush on medium with Tohno but losing rounds. Then I tryed at max difficulty with Ryougi then after a couple of tryes Archtype Earth is unlocked (I only managed to reach Aoko - 4th Boss).

My new main is:
C-Ryougi, she rox
C-Shiki stayed as alter main, sometimes F/H Shiki (need practice)
all Warc as 2nd main, need to be practise/test with H/F versions
H-Vakiha as 3rd main
F-Vsion as new playable char

Question:
Does anyone confirm Executioner Ciel is in the game? I heard Ecole programmed her into the game but dunno she will surely in the game's final version product (PS2?).

Relunx
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:12:54 AM by Relunx »

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Question:
Does anyone confirm Executioner Ciel is in the game? I heard Ecole programmed her into the game but dunno she will surely in the game's final version product (PS2?).

Relunx

No. Powerd Ciel, Damien Armies and Neco Chaos Black G666 were pulled before release for some reason or another. Only leftover data remains.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline psu319

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Can't find it posted any where but the MBAA web site has been updated.  System and Character links.

http://e56.info/mbaaps2/index.html
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:40:29 PM by psu319 »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
New main: H Roa =/

Offline psu319

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
  So there is no way to unlock Eclipse style for the characters?

Offline Gold13821

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ...blood..melty...
    • View Profile
Nope...well, meybe yes, but only for those who already have it (boss rush characters) and only through cheating...don't know how to do it though...

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Using memory hacks you can forcibly select Eclipse style for any character, but it's not any different from Crescent style except for the power bar.
There must be some other flag that has to be set to allow me to pick the true boss versions...

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Using memory hacks you can forcibly select Eclipse style for any character, but it's not any different from Crescent style except for the power bar.

It actually is a bit different from crescent. You have less EX Edge moves, the characters play even closer to AC than Crescent does, some characters [Arc, Tohno, Sion, Wara] can auto-counter on shielding and your attacks do way more damage than they should. [I spent way more time than I should have actually playing around with Eclipse Style.  :V]

There must be some other flag that has to be set to allow me to pick the true boss versions...
The boss rush characters are weird. There's a flag that makes the game append "b_" to the front of the character's name when loading their data files in boss rush mode. I wish I knew how to trigger it all the time though.  :psyduck:
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Lol when I tried it my moves randomly started dealing 0 damage maybe I did it wrong  :prinny:

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Lol when I tried it my moves randomly started dealing 0 damage maybe I did it wrong  :prinny:

Sounds like that fake eclipse style some people have. IIRC, you also didn't have a guard bar. That was value... 3 I think? Use 9, see how it works for you.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
On the MBAA site, what does it say in archetype's profile page?
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
On the MBAA site, what does it say in archetype's profile page?

The princess of the True Ancestors. Arcueid’s true form.
    A True Ancestor of high purity, a representation of the aspect of the planet’s feelers. It’s not an alternate personality of Arcueid, the normal Arcueid is the same as what she is.

Her appearance this time is where she has temporarily borrowed the body. For Arcueid’s body to return to this form, she will apparently have to first get back her hair which was taken away from her.

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
sorry for double posting guys, but you have to see this:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm8096250

particularly from 4:30

it seems that the Eclipse style was created for all chars, but dropped out (just like Ciel, damien armies and G666)
just look at Warc awesome effects, they aren't broken, and complete in-game without strange effects
i bet they used something like action replay/codebreaker or some savegame hack

damn i only hope the pc version will be 100% complete