hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 version in August Confirmed (now with Ryougi!)  (Read 341472 times)

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 version in August?
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
Tourneys aren't all about just the tournament. Provided everything runs smoothly there's a fuckton of time to hang out, play casuals, drink or blaze or whatever.
Oh? Sounds fun. Well im not that fun of a person but I'll try to come to the next one. I can bring systems if requested

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
Tourneys aren't all about just the tournament. Provided everything runs smoothly there's a fuckton of time to hang out, play casuals, drink or blaze or whatever.
Admittedly, this is more the reason I enjoy tourneys than the actual play (since I'm not too skilled in fighters).

I am the stagnation of the scene.  lol

=<
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:01:02 PM by 本物惨殺 ZANSATSU »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »
It's ture that even I, also known as keyboard spammer, enjoy being on tourneys because of the people and the relaxed atmosphere. But for me the reason is that most scene is in US, which is just too far away to pass in for 2 days or so. On top of that, how many people do you know that play Melty personally, not including ones you met at forums etc. And how many do you know FROM forums & internets. Often there's no other choice than playing via netplay.

Still, waiting for AA. Held back some money and ordered a used PS2 only for this game. Can't wait.

Edit: Wut, MK. Don't delete posts.

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
It's ture that even I, also known as keyboard spammer, enjoy being on tourneys because of the people and the relaxed atmosphere. But for me the reason is that most scene is in US, which is just too far away to pass in for 2 days or so. On top of that, how many people do you know that play Melty personally, not including ones you met at forums etc. And how many do you know FROM forums & internets. Often there's no other choice than playing via netplay.

Still, waiting for AA. Held back some money and ordered a used PS2 only for this game. Can't wait.

But you will know the ppl if you go to a tourney or two XD, though you did state that they're too far away for you

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
  I didn't, thats the truth.  It was technically "replaced" by then for some reason the person who replaces it decided to delete that one as well, who knows if this one will even get deleted at this rate.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »
  I didn't, thats the truth.  It was technically "replaced" by then for some reason the person who replaces it decided to delete that one as well, who knows if this one will even get deleted at this rate.

Not going to delete it, but further discussion isn't going to accomplish anything. You have one view, I have another. Many people disagree with you, a few disagree with me. If a PC port is confirmed then the discussion about netplay would actually be warranted but it's nothing but unproductive bitching with a PS2 port. Let's just move on.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »
  Oh comon that post was just me agreeing we should move on, so lets move on already.

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »
Do you guys think they will add vocals to the Prebattle scenes/endings/victory quotes? I hope so......then I can understand what they're saying since I cant read kanji  :psyduck:

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
I vote for a mode to turn blood back on.
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »
Yeah who knows. We might even run a OG Melty Blood tournament if we're all drunk enough.

No...nigga.
As for the tournament scene, anyone and everyone is welcomed as long as you're not gonna be emo and not hang out with niggas. That's just plain ol' sad. And Jaxx would probably kill yo family.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2009, 06:17:12 PM »
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »
Yeah who knows. We might even run a OG Melty Blood tournament if we're all drunk enough.

No...nigga.

NEC9...you had to be there.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »

No...nigga.
As for the tournament scene, anyone and everyone is welcomed as long as you're not gonna be emo and not hang out with niggas. That's just plain ol' sad. And Jaxx would probably kill yo family.

Oh then im fine. I would try to make friends with everyone there and get to know you all. Lol at first I read that as "Everyone is welcome as long as you're not emo and you dont hang out with niggas" and I was like ":/"

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 06:56:45 PM »
As for the tournament scene, anyone and everyone is welcomed as long as you're not gonna be emo and not hang out with niggas.

I immediately thought of Jaxx when I read that.

Then I read the next line and lol'd.

He still play? Every time I see him he's like "no lol, I don't play failty blood...I'm too black scrubby"

This  :teach: :teach: :teach:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2009, 07:10:54 PM »
If I remember they only removed the Blood because the PC port of MBAC didnt get an actual CERO rating where the PS2 version was rated B (teen) and thus had the blood. But I dont think its that important since it was only for Satsuki's AD and Nanaya's LA right? Or am I missing some?

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2009, 07:26:15 PM »
Sacchin EX Bite and VSion's AD?

I'd like it, but it sounds unlikely considering that MBAA arcade didn't have it.

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »

I'd like it, but it sounds unlikely considering that MBAA arcade didn't have it.
Did the arcade version of MBAC have it?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2009, 07:42:40 PM »
Nah.  Blood basically got axed when it went from MBR to MBAC, just like story modo.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »

Yes. There was also blood in the PS2 version of MBAC and MB:R.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »

Arcade MBAC had blood?  I don't remember that for some reason.
---

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »

Arcade MBAC had blood?  I don't remember that for some reason.

I'm pretty sure it did and I'm 100% sure there was blood in MB:R since I played that as much as I did the PS2 version before the PC version was released :V

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
Yeah, no question MBR had blood.  I have to find some old v.a videos or something and see if there is blood in MBAC.
---

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
There IS blood in PS2 MBAC. I saw it when my sister hit me with Satsuki's AD and I used Nanaya's LA on her

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »
You know, besides not having access to updates, I don't mind the PS2 release. It makes more sense than a PS3/360 release when it's only for JP. If it were being released in the US like SF4 and BB, then PS3/360 makes more sense, but as it is, there's not much reason to make it not PS2 when more people have PS2s.

Also, if you really care about playing it on a PC, PS2 emulation actually works, as opposed to Naomi still not being fully emulated? A lot of people who play MBAC I can tell don't have PS3s or 360s, and unlike with BB or SF4, it's almost definitely not going to be a commonly played game regardless, so you can't just go to your friend's place and expect them to have it like you can with SF4.

That said, while I don't oppose a PS2 release, I know for a fact there will be people who are going to be out of it without a real choice (although this is very likely with PS3/360 too because of imports regardless). I don't have a PS2, PS3, or 360, and there is 0 chance I will ever get one. Hell, if I won one from some contest, I would have to give it away to someone. That's just how it's been with me as far as real gaming goes since I was in elementary school, and it's going to be that way until I'm completely unreliant on my parent's money or a place to live (which means I have to pay off all the money they borrowed to pay for my college back to them as well). If I even thought of traveling for any sort of gaming event, I'd probably be disowned. It's the reason I've lived in Houston my whole life and never been to P-Z, but I go to UFO since I'm living in a dorm in Austin.

Masu is a new player who will travel for the game. That's a blessing. I don't think a lot of people can say that, and not just because of laziness, though definitely there are people too lazy to travel and don't want to save up the money. I speak for only myself, but I have a feeling there are other people in the same boat as me. I simply am unable to travel for Melty, and no matter how much I'd like to, I don't have a choice. Whether or not people like me matter at all for the community is debatable, but there are definitely a number of people who, regardless of liking the game enough to be willing to travel, won't ever really play the game outside of netplay because they can't travel.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
Blood in verA/verB MBAC.
No blood in B2.

I hope my PS2 can hold on a bit longer...feels like it is ready to kill over anytime soon.
My poor wallet has no space for both a game and a new PS2.
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!