hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 534890 times)

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #1000 on: September 23, 2008, 03:37:12 AM »
Melty Blood Actress Again VerB CE
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 23, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »
For those of you upset about Ciel throwing things diagonally, one of the new Joybox videos shows that C-Ciel has the old throwing behavior. ...which is pretty much what I figured but forgot to post. Oh well.

(This is probably old news though because everyone's obsessively watching these... I'm behind OH GOD.)

Also, is it just me or is the healing during auto-heat really fast? Like Blood Heat fast? It seems way too strong, but who knows!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:21:57 AM by Ryanbomber »

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 23, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
My opinion on Half Moon changed. It's a viable groove, not just some noob mode. Gain life while on the offensive FTW.

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Abilities: Kung-Fu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 23, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EKSex_wJM  <-Sex
MiyakoH, from geesendou. Her 5B->6B is probably the thing that looks kinda like Jam's 6HH. Around 1:30 she follows 2C with that, and it's a reverse beat. Right after is her elbow thinger, which seems like an overhead, but is unsafe. That's about it. I thought her backdash looked a bit faster, but it isn't.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:55:05 PM by Veven »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 23, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
So far, it doesn't seem like the old city stage from MBR has made an appearance yet, or at least not in the recent vids. I remember from some magazine scans a while back, there was a red version of Sion's stage but that hasn't shown up either.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline CloudTK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5_BeH7kg0&fmt=18

Hmm. Full Moon Hisui seems really strange to me, although, I'm really liking that office chair.

Offline Kadoya Akira

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • New Pile Bunker spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
Is it me or did they remixed all of MBAC's musics?
Mech's theme seems the most different for me o.o

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »
Am I seeing two different dashes in Half Moon, or it just that the camera couldn't record the opaque trailing shadows during dashes most of the time (e.g Yun missing green aura during Genei Jin combos)?
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
Yeah they did, Every stage that was a old stage in general has been remixed to a degree :blah: and btw to all of the halfmoon haters......In your face :teach:, I knew you people were gonna change your minds when you saw videos of it, everyone just wanted to look cool hating on it cause of the autospark and etc :blah:. "Dont knock it until you try it" :teach: Now if you excuse me, Its time for me to learn all three styles of Arc :fap: AWAY!!
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #1009 on: September 23, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5_BeH7kg0&fmt=18

Hmm. Full Moon Hisui seems really strange to me, although, I'm really liking that office chair.

OFFICE FUCKING CHAIR

uuuuuugh Full Moon is definitely my groove, I can tell.

:fap:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Abilities: Kung-Fu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Am I seeing two different dashes in Half Moon, or it just that the camera couldn't record the opaque trailing shadows during dashes most of the time (e.g Yun missing green aura during Genei Jin combos)?

You're right, around 1:00 she does a double dash, but the second one looks like the startup frames of her 623B in AC. Akiha's flame symbol... thing hits her out of it, but it could be a feint, like W.Len's 623{B}. Why so little Miya?
 :mystery:

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 23, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »
Also WHERE ARE ALL THE NECO VIDEOS. The only one I've seen so far is a Satsuki combo video.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:32 PM »
As for HM, not just for auto spark, but some characters seem to have better normals in that groove. HM Shiki has gained an additional poke move and seems to have a higher damage potential overall.

Right now I don't know which groove I'll be using. Nanaya seems better off with either HM or CM though. Actually based on the vids so far, HM looks to be the strongest because of the auto heat.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »
Also WHERE ARE ALL THE NECO VIDEOS. The only one I've seen so far is a Satsuki combo video.

Die, Your kind does not belong here.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 23, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »
Yeah they did, Every stage that was a old stage in general has been remixed to a degree :blah: and btw to all of the halfmoon haters......In your face :teach:, I knew you people were gonna change your minds when you saw videos of it, everyone just wanted to look cool hating on it cause of the autospark and etc :blah:. "Dont knock it until you try it" :teach: Now if you excuse me, Its time for me to learn all three styles of Arc :fap: AWAY!!
Brah nobody cares what you knewXP.People will be idiots just let them be and shaddup.Full-moon FTW
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:43:04 PM by Xkun01 »
"I play ALL the Sacchins"

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 23, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
You're right, around 1:00 she does a double dash, but the second one looks like the startup frames of her 623B in AC. Akiha's flame symbol... thing hits her out of it, but it could be a feint, like W.Len's 623{B}. Why so little Miya?
 :mystery:

I didn't really notice it much when watching the videos. I only really noticed the dash when I saw Nero do it, cuz the player that was doing it canceled it pretty quickly into low block and attacks. It looks pretty buff for Nero.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »
Finally the airport stage makes an appearance.

I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but it seems that the reverse beat penalty now applies to chaining a regular normal out of a command normal, even if the same button strength is used. So for example, something like 4C -> 2C is now considered a reverse beat.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:41 AM »
Half moon still sucks.  I've seen the autospark punished a few times, which means it's possible if you're smart about it.  Also a good few gimmicky moves.  Also auto counter after ex-shield taking away possible better options off of CH.  Also instantly healing all red life immediately on entering autoheat screams noob.  Also I have a bigger e-penis than you since I'm obviously still with the cool crowd (aka halfmoon haters).   :teach: 

Seriously though, although all my mentioned points are very valid (especially the e-penis one, of course), the only thing I really dislike about Half Moon is the instant life gain.  That coupled with the fact that you get into autoheat VERY quickly with only 200% meter is pretty stupid.

Anyway, watching the joybox videos, I notice that SacchinC can charge her 623b (though in the particular video, the player doesn't let it charge).  Anyone know what that's all about?  I'm lovin the ridiculous beastings of SacchinF.  I knew she'd be my girl again as soon as I saw that Rouga Dunk (which more people need to abuse, seriously).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:04:01 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 24, 2008, 04:37:41 AM »

Die, Your kind does not belong here.

I love you too, darling.

Half moon still sucks.  I've seen the autospark punished a few times...

...Also instantly healing all red life immediately on entering autoheat screams noob...

So you're saying there's a massive advantage and a massive disadvantage? Wow! It's almost like they tried to balance it!

I stopped caring about it being the "noob spec" - especially because all it is is automatically going into heat and circuit sparking. The former isn't exactly difficult, and the latter isn't needed by any newbies anyway. It's obviously meant to heat while you're on the offensive, and to make that heat stoppable.

(Still think they probably could have toned down the speed of healing though)

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 24, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Auto spark is simple fail. There's no way you should be looking at it like a plus when you can simply spark yourself. Not having control over your entire circuit bar is ridiculous. Auto heat on the other hand is good. The instant recovery can also be very useful if you have a large amount of red life. But that alone doesn't make or break H styles and you have to look at what else you're gaining or losing when deciding on a style to play, and this becomes very specific for each characters in the cast.

Calling it a noob style isn't exactly correct, but it can certainly be a lesser style in some instances. H-Hisui is almost exactly the same as C-Hisui (or v.B Hisui), with the biggest difference being the lost of j.bb which means she's losing a very big tool to gain auto heat, a sacrifice I wouldn't even consider.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 24, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
Half moon still sucks.  I've seen the autospark punished a few times, which means it's possible if you're smart about it.  Also a good few gimmicky moves.  Also auto counter after ex-shield taking away possible better options off of CH.  Also instantly healing all red life immediately on entering autoheat screams noob.  Also I have a bigger e-penis than you since I'm obviously still with the cool crowd (aka halfmoon haters).   :teach: 

Some protips:

It really looks like Spark is UNPUNISHABLE. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NOx73c224&fmt=18 at 1:20 you can see it. Unless air spark and ground spark have weird properties, then this pretty much proves that spark is unpunishable.

When you Blood Heat in full moon mode, you automatically regain all your red life during the initial heat animation in the same manner as Declares in IAMP. So instant health regen exists in Half and Full moon.

You guys need to keep an OPEN MIND when you are watching these vids before you make some ridiculous statement like HALF MOON IS WORSE, or HALF MOON IS NUB MODE. Focus on facts and less on dumb generalizations. Make those generalizations when you learn the game and show some humility before then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:23:45 AM by Pfhor »

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
It really looks like Spark is UNPUNISHABLE.

Screw eating a combo, isn't your entire circuit meter vanishing punishment enough? :V

(Although with the speed of healing you're pretty much done with the heat by the time the animation finishes, unless you want to EX spam or Arc Drive.)

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 24, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »

Seriously though, although all my mentioned points are very valid (especially the e-penis one, of course), the only thing I really dislike about Half Moon is the instant life gain.  That coupled with the fact that you get into autoheat VERY quickly with only 200% meter is pretty stupid.

Anyway, watching the joybox videos, I notice that SacchinC can charge her 623b (though in the particular video, the player doesn't let it charge).  Anyone know what that's all about?  I'm lovin the ridiculous beastings of SacchinF.  I knew she'd be my girl again as soon as I saw that Rouga Dunk (which more people need to abuse, seriously).
Brah chill out.
"I play ALL the Sacchins"

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 24, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
lol, the fact that people are raging over my "half moon is noob" joke rant is kind of laughable.  The only thing I was seriously hating on was the instant life gain. 

Anyway, I'm almost positive I've seen two instances where autospark was punished, one air and one ground.  I'll go through and look for the videos to confirm, but I've watched like 40 videos in the past 3 days, so it's a lot to sift through.  I could very well be wrong on it though, so I'll make sure to check before I go around spouting off about punishable autospark.  I have seen the autospark triggered through various projectiles and long range attacks on numerous occasions though, so it can be baited pretty easily.  My only real beef with Half Moon (as I said earlier) is the instant health recovery.  Even in Full Moon, you have to reach Blood Heat to get the insta-recovery.  Half Moon you get it every 200%, without taking time to activate.  With all the disadvantages of not having control over sparks or countering after shield, you could call it balanced.  It still doesn't change the fact that I think it's lame.  Anyway, it's not like I'm saying the style is unplayable, so cool your jets Phor.  I just am pointing out that it's still a noob mode, purely for the fact that it does a good number of things for you (that I personally would like to have control over).  Also I'm poking fun at all the Half Moon lovers.  GOTTA KEEP DAT DRAMA!  h8h8h8

So anyway, watching more videos I've come to really like how KoumaF plays.  Ground comboing into his antiair grab makes me smile, and it looks like it can be used as an ender to the corner 236c combo.  I also didn't realize that KoumaC has both the old j.236 kicks AND the downward angled new kick moves.  That's pretty interesting.  Oh, and did anyone else notice how KoumaC would do some sort of 123 combination attack at the end of some ground strings?  From the sound of the hits, they were all c attacks, so it seemed like there were too many to just be command normals. 

Also, NanayaH's new 623c, the shoryu where he has a shadow nanaya kicking up from the opposite angle.  That shit has a lot more range than I initially realized.  It actually creates the shadow Nanaya directly behind the opponent, no matter how far away they actually are.  In addition to the relatively massive range, it also has invincibility frames at the beginning.  It's pretty much complete bullshit at this point.  His 236 attacks are much faster now too.  They are so fast you can actually 2c 236a aircombo, which is surprising.  I wanna see more NanayaF though.  It looks like the flash kick ender to his 623 is either specific to one particular version or is a command ender, since one instance I saw a NanayaF do a quick 623a (I'm guessing) and fastfall right after.  So either he can now option select after a 623 or maybe 623a recovers instantly in the air and 623b/c do the flash kick ender.  Either way, interesting stuff.  I want to see if any of his 22 or 214 moves have been changed though, since he didn't do much in the few matches I saw.  OH!  And it looks like there's reduced lag after a fastfall!  I saw a Nanaya FF INTO an attack and he blocked it immediately on landing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:52:27 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 24, 2008, 02:04:51 PM »
If Hiko can keep her 214B I'll be very happy. ^^
It seems like cresent moon is closest to the original MBAC characters from what I've seen.

Half-moon seems like the best style because of the instant heat recovery on 200%, spark, fast meter gain.
I really want some more Hisui videos. :[