When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 537743 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #1025 on: September 24, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
More proof that auto spark is completely safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT3ncz7alg&feature=user
Nanaya's 2C, the MEATIEST 2C in the game, goes right through the opponent from the start of the landing recovery to the finish.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 24, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
It seems like cresent moon is closest to the original MBAC characters from what I've seen.
Generally it seems that way.  KoumaH is the most like his MBAC incarnation though, which is a little different.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Can't you say it in smaller syallables b4 I win?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1027 on: September 24, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
wonder where geesendou got his copy of the game >>
Device: Gamepad (sorry...not enough to buy a gamestick yet)

Plays: MBAC, Tsukhime (fav is Hisui <3,) Touhou, and MMOs
 FU #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10 (srsly,) and 12 are so in this forum lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJJpQzRkVE

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 24, 2008, 05:02:19 PM »
Uuuuuh....copy? It's only available in arcades right now.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 24, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »
HM's pros outweigh its cons. It's not like auto counterattack or auto spark influences the outcome of a match significantly. But auto life regen as I've seen in the vids shift the balance in a match a lot. Which is why you saw a lot of HM players.

Waiting till the game comes out before the final verdict, but so far HM looks like the most solid mode.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #1030 on: September 24, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
lolisauce, whenever I was doing F Nanaya 623B it always had flash kick ender, so I'm guessing non-flashkick ender will be 623A? I haven't tried out 623A in a match yet
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 24, 2008, 10:47:34 PM »
HM's pros outweigh its cons. It's not like auto counterattack or auto spark influences the outcome of a match significantly. But auto life regen as I've seen in the vids shift the balance in a match a lot. Which is why you saw a lot of HM players.

Waiting till the game comes out before the final verdict, but so far HM looks like the most solid mode.

How can you even make a decision based on only that? The characters' entire movesets change from style to style.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call it the most solid form when the sole reason it's better is a skill-less, uncontrolled factor.  I'd call it the most bullshit form, if anything.

lolisauce, whenever I was doing F Nanaya 623B it always had flash kick ender, so I'm guessing non-flashkick ender will be 623A? I haven't tried out 623A in a match yet
Thanks brother.  That's good to know.  Being able to act immediately after the last hit of the 623a sounds pretty godly.  What was the new 236?  I still haven't seen it yet.

More proof that auto spark is completely safe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT3ncz7alg&feature=user
Nanaya's 2C, the MEATIEST 2C in the game, goes right through the opponent from the start of the landing recovery to the finish.
Where does Nanaya 2c through the opponent's spark in that video?  The only thing I saw in there was NanayaH's 623c getting beat out.  Phor's video proved it was unpunishable better.  Anyway, upon closer examination of what I thought were spark punishes, it's possible the guy just tried to do something rather than block after getting the spark baited, and was punished for that.  So I'd say you guys are absolutely right.  The spark itself is safe.  My bad on the confusion.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 25, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »
The spark while pretty much unpunishable, can be activated without getting hit by it if you space properly. Maybe that amounts to something  :V
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:22 AM »
The spark while pretty much unpunishable, can be activated without getting hit by it if you space properly. Maybe that amounts to something  :V
Yeah, it's pretty easily punished if you know the hitboxes on your normals well.  But really, what's the point of baiting their spark when it's unpunishable and they already have gained back all their red life?  Noob mode advantages are starting to make me worry.  Worst case scenario: either the MB community embraces it and eventually that's basically all that will be played competitively, or it is banned from competitive play altogether.  I'd rather not see either come to fruition, so I hope that Half Moon isn't as stupidly advantageous as it is looking in the early stages.

And holy shit NanayaH's simple 2ab5b2c5c j.bc j.bc j.ex donkey kick does like 5.5k damage.  I assume NanayaF can also use the kick in the air, and with damage like that (even after proration) it's pretty beefy.  I can imagine a NanayaF doing a ground chain > 623b > j.bc > j.ex kick or something similar for a basic 100% meter combo.

Btw, Akira, what's the deal with the added hit after 5c that NanayaF sometimes did?  Is it a command normal, or a 5cc?
---

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 25, 2008, 01:31:19 AM »
What's with all the hate guys? I was just sharing my thoughts on the vids I watched. You don't have to accept it if you like. It's not like I'm making any assertions or anything.

I was basing it solely on the auto-heat function. FM's only unique feature would be charging the MC, and that doesn't figure to be as useful as auto-heat.

As for varying movesets and normals per char for each mode, that remains to be seen. But really, are any of those normals gonna be as good as auto-heat? And from what it looks like from certain chars only, HM normals / movesets = FM normals / movesets.

Now I'm no fan of HM either. In fact, I'm worried that this will be the dominant groove used in tourneys based on the reasons stated above. As a matter of fact, that's what we're seeing in the small sample of vids we've seen so far.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:36:33 AM by Dragonthorn »

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #1036 on: September 25, 2008, 05:53:56 AM »
What was the new 236?  I still haven't seen it yet.
Btw, Akira, what's the deal with the added hit after 5c that NanayaF sometimes did?  Is it a command normal, or a 5cc?
Hmm...well...I can't give a lot of information on Nanaya F, I died a lot when I attempted to use him against...crescent users  :emo: damn them crescentz.
Most I picked up in was a basic bnb with him. ):

I'll be sure to try out 236 and see about that added hit in 5C tomorrow(provided I can make it in time, and beat the rush of people finishing school. Classes end at like 3PM for me...bad time)
I'll do as much as I can to find out info about Nanaya through testing/watching, since I'm pretty eager to learn F Moon for Nanaya.

And lolisauce when'll you be in irc again!?
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 25, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »
As for varying movesets and normals per char for each mode, that remains to be seen. But really, are any of those normals gonna be as good as auto-heat? And from what it looks like from certain chars only, HM normals / movesets = FM normals / movesets.

It has been seen. And in fact in general it seems that they were given inferior moves, normals and options compared to the other style to balance it out. H-Hisui is just like C-Hisui with her most important tool stripped from her, and H-Akiha is lucky that her new j.C is so buff cause that's all she has really and she's been severly lacking in terms of mixups so far. H-vAkiha lost her j.C knockdown so now she has to rely on airthrow which are much less effective, and the loss of pits for pressure doesn't do anything good for her either.

Now this may not be true for every characters, but it certainly is for a few of them.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:20 AM »
What was the new 236?  I still haven't seen it yet.
Hmm...well...I can't give a lot of information on Nanaya F, I died a lot when I attempted to use him against...crescent users  :emo: damn them crescentz.
Most I picked up in was a basic bnb with him. ):

I'll be sure to try out 236 and see about that added hit in 5C tomorrow(provided I can make it in time, and beat the rush of people finishing school. Classes end at like 3PM for me...bad time)
I'll do as much as I can to find out info about Nanaya through testing/watching, since I'm pretty eager to learn F Moon for Nanaya.

And lolisauce when'll you be in irc again!?
I've got the parts needed to fix my computer, I just need time to fix it and a place to set it up.  Thankfully, I'll be moving into a much better house than my current living condition in around a week's time, so look to see back to my norm (always online/idling in irc) sometime around then. 

Actually, from what I've seen, most Half movesets seem more similar to the Crescent/MBAC forms.  Off the top of my head I remember Shiki, Warc, Kouma, Nanaya, Nero, Miyako, w.Len, Hisui, and Reis all have Half forms that are most similar to Crescent forms.  They usually have at least one Full move or a unique move that's either complete bullshit (as in stupid good, see: m.hisuiH's vic viper, nanayaH's new shoryu, warcH's blood teleports, roaH's ex heiro) or just dumb gimmicky shit (see: kohakuH's time bomb), but overall they're usually more similar to Crescent than Full.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:20:52 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 25, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »
The problem with Half Moon is that you don't really have control over when you heat activate. If you're low on health and stuck at around 100%, you have to gain 100% meter to heal before you die, which isn't a problem for Crescent. My judgment on Full Moon is resting on the fact that apparently you can't Heat Activate until you're in MAX. If you could do it, then it would see much stronger to me. Right now it looks like you lose out on a lot of healing in Full Moon because of the minimal Circuit control.

Offline Sprint

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
    • Ye Olde Website
« Reply #1040 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt8F6f6qQtQ
7:10 - Maxed Full Moon Kouma using Immediate(?) Heat.

The entire animation lasts just a few frames. Instant health regeneration. Possibly unpunishable.
It's hard to say anything else about it just from that.
Blah.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »
Where does Nanaya 2c through the opponent's spark in that video?  The only thing I saw in there was NanayaH's 623c getting beat out.  Phor's video proved it was unpunishable better.  Anyway, upon closer examination of what I thought were spark punishes, it's possible the guy just tried to do something rather than block after getting the spark baited, and was punished for that.  So I'd say you guys are absolutely right.  The spark itself is safe.  My bad on the confusion.
Oops, I forgot to include the time index. It's at 4:23.

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 25, 2008, 11:19:03 AM »

The entire animation lasts just a few frames. Instant health regeneration. Possibly unpunishable.

Wat, is this explained anywhere in the system mechanics?

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 25, 2008, 02:52:47 PM »
The problem with Half Moon is that you don't really have control over when you heat activate. If you're low on health and stuck at around 100%, you have to gain 100% meter to heal before you die, which isn't a problem for Crescent. My judgment on Full Moon is resting on the fact that apparently you can't Heat Activate until you're in MAX. If you could do it, then it would see much stronger to me. Right now it looks like you lose out on a lot of healing in Full Moon because of the minimal Circuit control.

200% circuit isn't really uncommon, so you'll be constantly auto-heating and recovering all the red damage during the fight.

If you're low enough that you need heat RIGHT NOW in half-moon, you probably don't have any red damage to recover anyway.

EDIT: Rumor mill's churning and saying MBAA is console-bound for 2009 and PC-bound for 2010. Anyone got any sources?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:56:24 PM by Ryanbomber »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 25, 2008, 04:02:12 PM »

Wow.  Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice that at all.  So Crescent gets the ability to manually enter Heat anytime as long as you're above 100%, but the others get insta-regen when actually entering Heat.  How KoumaF went into Heat confuses me though.  As far as I've seen, anytime a Full moon character Heats when in Max, they go into Blood Heat.  So...how do you get this shit to come out?
---

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 25, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »
2A MAKES YOU AUTO HEAT NOW! THAT'S HOW GOOD IT IS.

Offline Kadoya Akira

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • New Pile Bunker spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:12 PM »
Off-toppic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7uROGjjbg

At 2:46, from what I could understand, Dust of Osiris is a Shion that was born from Tatari... is it correct? o.o

... or maybe Shion possed by Warachia o.o

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Ren Aegis Reflector.

That is all.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »

Wth? A bug? The game is considerably new. Otherwise there's just no proper explanation.

Edit: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ugKKxQWzD9I&feature=user 10:10 Seems like the super fast rate of healing in HM can be intercepted.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:54:11 PM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 25, 2008, 10:40:33 PM »

Wth? A bug? The game is considerably new. Otherwise there's just no proper explanation.

Looks like a KoF max mode type of thing where you activate it during mid animation...
My guess is that this is an FM version of that insta-heat/heal similar to the HM.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS