hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 535047 times)

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #1425 on: April 11, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »
WT died not because of the players but because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. You also have to keep in mind that even when Arlieth popularized the game (and he tried hard and did a great job; he got a lot of FFA people into it and the entire MB community here is because of him) it was already an old game.

--

I think people took a while to realize that MBAC was, on many levels, not a very good game. Combine that with a very small scene full of many casual players who were in it only because of Tsukihime and had no real competitive drive and the scene was going to thin itself out over time, which led to a snowball effect: people don't want to play a game with a small scene, which led to people quitting, etc. Combine that with the real driving force behind the scene disappearing and you have what is happening now.
I'm sure the Simi folk still think MBAC is still a good game. you can't blame the game if the scene died.

WT died because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. He stopped because you people have a toxic attitude to each other, and even to MB the game itself. I think he finally realized that it wasn't worth the uphill battle to make the community a better place.

If you think just waiting for MBAA to be released on console just so you fuckers can download the game, will revive "the scene" by itself in any way, you'd be mistaken. Netplay is nice and all, but that's not critical mass. WT wasn't dependent on Netplay, nor was it for SF4.

I know some of you have your hearts in the right place, and I wish i had a solution, but i dont. The only thing i can do is keep the WC MBAA machine in working order, and record matches off it.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1426 on: April 11, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »
WT died not because of the players but because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. You also have to keep in mind that even when Arlieth popularized the game (and he tried hard and did a great job; he got a lot of FFA people into it and the entire MB community here is because of him) it was already an old game.

--

I think people took a while to realize that MBAC was, on many levels, not a very good game. Combine that with a very small scene full of many casual players who were in it only because of Tsukihime and had no real competitive drive and the scene was going to thin itself out over time, which led to a snowball effect: people don't want to play a game with a small scene, which led to people quitting, etc. Combine that with the real driving force behind the scene disappearing and you have what is happening now.
I'm sure the Simi folk still think MBAC is still a good game. you can't blame the game if the scene died.

WT died because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. He stopped because you people have a toxic attitude to each other, and even to MB the game itself. I think he finally realized that it wasn't worth the uphill battle to make the community a better place.

See this is what baffles me. Why talk shit about a game you claim to support or talk shit about a scene you claim to be a part of when you provide little to no input to said scene/game? Not calling out anyone in particular because you people know who you are. What makes it worse is that with this particular community you can actually get away with shitting on MB because not only other FGCs think "Lol, it's MB so who cares?" But this particular community thinks and will say "Lol, it's MB so who cares?" Again you know who you are. There are tournament players and TOs, who believe it or not, on SRK will say they would love to see MB get bigger because it's a hype game...now when you have MB players saying "Lol, who cares if MB is at a major or not?" Then you're just making yourself and the scene look retarded. And you say you're part of this scene? Get that shit out of here.

If you think just waiting for MBAA to be released on console just so you fuckers can download the game, will revive "the scene" by itself in any way, you'd be mistaken. Netplay is nice and all, but that's not critical mass. WT wasn't dependent on Netplay, nor was it for SF4.

Of course WC or EC wasn't dependent on netplay with MBAC and this is even moreso back when MBAC was on the PS2. Netplay would cater to the people who live too far away from a scene. Now not to say that netplayers who live in the middle of nowhere wouldn't travel out tournaments (Myself, Voomer, Sphyra, Pfhor, and a few others are living proof of that) because we would travel. Netplay would cater to the people who claim to be part of the scene, but won't travel to any of the tournaments or would just say "It's MB. Why would you travel for MB?"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:56:47 AM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 11, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »

--

See this is what baffles me. Why talk shit about a game you claim to support or talk shit about a scene you claim to be a part of when you provide little to no input to said scene/game? Not calling out anyone in particular because you people know who you are. What makes it worse is that with this particular community you can actually get away with shitting on MB because not only other FGCs think "Lol, it's MB so who cares?" But this particular community thinks and will say "Lol, it's MB so who cares?" Again you know who you are. There are tournament players and TOs, who believe it or not, on SRK will say they would love to see MB get bigger because it's a hype game...now when you have MB players saying "Lol, who cares if MB is at a major or not?" Then you're just making yourself and the scene look retarded. And you say you're part of this scene? Get that shit out of here.

Of course WC or EC wasn't dependent on netplay with MBAC and this is even moreso back when MBAC was on the PS2. Netplay would cater to the people who live too far away from a scene. Now not to say that netplayers who live in the middle of nowhere wouldn't travel out tournaments (Myself, Voomer, Sphyra, Pfhor, and a few others are living proof of that) because we would travel. Netplay would cater to the people who claim to be part of the scene, but won't travel to any of the tournaments or would just say "It's MB. Why would you travel for MB?"
  Except netplay would also cater to tournament goers and serious players so your point claiming that netplayers are mostly dumb players who shit on mb is moot.  Why wouldn't having AA more accessible help the scene?  Are you retarded?  Your saying it doesn't matter whether the game is accessible or not.  :slowpoke:.  It might not "revive" the scene but it would help in one way or the other so saying it won't have any effect is....retarded.

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 11, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
It would be awesome if you stop making these strawman arguments. Stop making up shit and replying to it.
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 11, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
You know, I'm actually not sure how it came to the point where even MB players started shitting on their own game.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1430 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
I'd love it if you can point out to me where I specifically said that netplayers are dumb players who shit on MB? Don't worry, I'll wait.

You're making it sound like MBAA being released on the PS2 ISN'T accessible when it's not a problem. You're making it sound like netplay will save this scene...when in reality it's the players who care enough to travel to the tournaments with or without netplay.  This game could have netplay, but it won't mean shit if the people who are praying for netplay won't travel to tournaments and just stay netplay warriors. Seriously, from the way you're sounding right now you want this to be like the DOA community. EVO 2k11 unnoficaly MBAA qualifiers will be online, 5 delay, KB allowed, and Final Destination.

Also again...where did I said that it didn't matter if the game wasn't accessible or not? Again, I'll wait.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:41:23 AM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 11, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
I'd love it if you can point out to me where I specifically said that netplayers are dumb players who shit on MB? Don't worry, I'll wait.

You're making it sound like MBAA being released on the PS2 ISN'T accessible when it's not a problem. You're making it sound like netplay will save this scene...when in reality it's the players who care enough to travel to the tournaments with or without netplay.  This game could have netplay, but it won't mean shit if the people who are praying for netplay won't travel to tournaments and just stay netplay warriors. Seriously, from the way you're sounding right now you want this to be like the DOA community. EVO 2k11 unnoficaly MBAA qualifiers will be online, 5 delay, KB allowed, and Final Destination.

Also again...where did I said that it didn't matter if the game wasn't accessible or not? Again, I'll wait.

I just happened to quote the whole thing so it seemed like I was refering to you, but I was refering to
"If you think just waiting for MBAA to be released on console just so you fuckers can download the game, will revive "the scene" by itself in any way, you'd be mistaken. Netplay is nice and all, but that's not critical mass. WT wasn't dependent on Netplay, nor was it for SF4."
^ scottind

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1432 on: April 11, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »

I just happened to quote the whole thing so it seemed like I was refering to you, but I was refering to
"If you think just waiting for MBAA to be released on console just so you fuckers can download the game, will revive "the scene" by itself in any way, you'd be mistaken. Netplay is nice and all, but that's not critical mass. WT wasn't dependent on Netplay, nor was it for SF4."
^ scottind

Well I retract most of my post, but still Scott does have a point. WC has never needed to rely on netplay to bring in new players...especially for something like SF4. Why would Actress Again be any different?

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 11, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
My 2 cents (sorry if I disregarded a statement that was already said)

If people stay online in AC when AA comes out, so be it. If people actually try to make it out to tournaments, that's fine too. Whether or not you guys didn't noticed it, the scene will always go forward period. In my opinion, I believe that being and participating in a tournament with actual people is more beneficial and in the long run, keep this community together. I am in no way saying netplay cant do that, but it will never be as effective as a tournament.

I know for a fact I won't see half of the people I play/hear about on netplay (I hope to). But to all of you who do play netplay regularly, I just ask that you do one thing. Save up! Go support your local tournament/scene and if you don't have one, don't make it an excuse. You can save up money for any of the big tournaments that still is willing to have AA in their lineup such as NEC or Final Round. There is alot of time until NEC and Final Round so I expect some of you to take these words to heart. You won't regret an offline tournament for AA.

All in all, if people still give 2 shits about MB in general, then its all gravy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:13:23 AM by 黒洋 - SShinobi »
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 11, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »

I know some of you have your hearts in the right place, and I wish i had a solution, but i dont. The only thing i can do is keep the WC MBAA machine in working order, and record matches off it.
This is going to be a massive reach on my part (since you interact with Arlieth a lot more often than I do), but I think you are wrong.

From my viewpoint, Arlieth stopped running WT events for three reasons:

• He got absurdly busy with real life with the new business he was starting up.
  • A general lack of interest (there was what, 12 people for the last WT event? With half of them from Arizona?)
  • His girlfriend hates the game and the community.

Also, you make it sound like the PS2 version of MB:AC did nothing for the scene. As someone who was deeply involved with the EC community when the game came out, you are flat out wrong:

EC MB has survived worse. ...EC MB started in worse.  Even with an AC level ps2 port we'll live.
ECMB fucking thrived on the PS2 version. Thrived. I miss the days of 1,000 game sessions at Sp00ky's.

You know, I'm actually not sure how it came to the point where even MB players started shitting on their own game.
Weren't you a pioneer in this? :V I remember your hate going all the way back to 2.009 era MBR.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 11, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »
Weren't you a pioneer in this? :V I remember your hate going all the way back to 2.009 era MBR.

Melty stopped being my game around 2.006.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 11, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »

^ scottind

Well I retract most of my post, but still Scott does have a point. WC has never needed to rely on netplay to bring in new players...especially for something like SF4. Why would Actress Again be any different?

I never said it relied on netplay, I just said its retarded to say having AA more accessible wont help the scene at all.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 11, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

I think its when nobody banned hellmonkey from MBAC. I still dont understand why hes there.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 11, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »
A lot of it is how similar MB is to GG. GG community looks at their own game and calls it the best fighting game. 3s and Marvel communities think their game is the only good one because of the things that are unique to those games. Same for Smash community. IaMP is also really different from other fighting games, and that community likes that. With MB community, we've always got "oh yeah I'll play MBAC but GG is honestly a better game" hanging around. And the community even likes to watch other games more. There's always hype for watching GGAC, HnK, or Arcana during SBO, but usually people only want to see a few matches for Melty.

Actually I don't really get why it's different between Melty and Arcana. Maybe it's because Arcana is a loli fighter and a lot of people only play Arcana because of that, where Melty is just an anime fighting game. And of course, now you have BB, which is probably even more similar to Melty than GGAC was, coming out earlier than MBAA for console, and even more people are picking up BB that didn't play GGAC before (pretty much all the EC community).

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 11, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
A lot of it is how similar MB is to GG. GG community looks at their own game and calls it the best fighting game. 3s and Marvel communities think their game is the only good one because of the things that are unique to those games. Same for Smash community. IaMP is also really different from other fighting games, and that community likes that. With MB community, we've always got "oh yeah I'll play MBAC but GG is honestly a better game" hanging around. And the community even likes to watch other games more. There's always hype for watching GGAC, HnK, or Arcana during SBO, but usually people only want to see a few matches for Melty.

Actually I don't really get why it's different between Melty and Arcana. Maybe it's because Arcana is a loli fighter and a lot of people only play Arcana because of that, where Melty is just an anime fighting game. And of course, now you have BB, which is probably even more similar to Melty than GGAC was, coming out earlier than MBAA for console, and even more people are picking up BB that didn't play GGAC before (pretty much all the EC community).
  The MB community in a nutshell:
Newfag: Hey guys lets netplay in 5 delay.
Oldfag: S-Stupid Melty Blood.  It's not like I came to this tournament because I think your fun despite what I say in the channel.
Lokanas:  People still play melty?...........lolol ain't I funny?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1440 on: April 11, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »

I think its when nobody banned hellmonkey from MBAC. I still dont understand why hes there.

You know, I asked him multiple times why does he stay in that channel and even called him out on it. I never got an answer and don't expect one either.

The MB community in a nutshell:
Newfag: Hey guys lets netplay in 5 delay.
Oldfag: S-Stupid Melty Blood.  It's not like I came to this tournament because I think your fun despite what I say in the channel.
Lokanas:  People still play melty?...........lolol ain't I funny?

Sounds more like the IRC channel/Forums rather than the people who go to the tournaments themselves....and Lokanas should be the last person spewing that shit out of his ass like that.  :V
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:48:39 PM by NotBrandino »

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 11, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »

... lol oldfags are tsundere for Melty Blood.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 11, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »
  There is no IRL MB community anymore since everyone quit/is waiting for AA/no more tournaments.  All we have is the the forums and channel atm.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 11, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
This thread is being locked not because of the idiocy that has gone on in the last couple of posts (ok that didn't help) but due to the fact that the game has been out for a long while, now with a pending console release. With that, there are multiple valid threads of discussion to follow and this thread has gotten unwieldy to manage.

Please start new threads. Here's an example for the console port of MB:AA.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #1444 on: April 12, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
His girlfriend hates the game and the community.

The community moreso than the game. <3
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound