hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 534953 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #975 on: September 20, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
Regarding the Dust of Osiris, seems like we've got a new G666 mode to fool around with.

Seems like she's got a lot to do with Warakia. And the song during the credits was awesome.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 21, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
So I saw the Miyako match that Psyblade linked to. H-Miyako's looks quite similar to vB Miyako so far. Some of her normals got new animations, but they look like they function the same. Looks like the old combos work too. 2C looks like it recovers better than before, if my eyes aren't deceiving me. Lawls @ Miyako's new animation changes resembling Jam's moveset. 5C looks like the HS extension of Jam's 6HS, 2C looks like 2D now.

The only thing that looks kind of disappointing is how high her airthrow pushes her upward. The opponent was able to tech wayy before she could land on the ground, which makes me curious if she can tech punish anymore. The player didn't try any tech punishes in the video, so it's hard to say without guessing. Maybe she has different ones.  ..

I wonder which moon style has The People's Elbow.  :psyduck:
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 21, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
I wonder which moon style has The People's Elbow.  :psyduck:
The exhibition video from way back showed MiyakoF doing it, right?  She did that, the Jam kick, and the new jumping stomp, iirc.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 21, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
Lots of new vids, lately. I must say though that I'm absolutely sick of watching cArc now. That player seems like a real douche to have played her for that long. It became clear after the first couple of wallslam loops that she plays almost identically to her MBAC incarnation. I only got like 2 things out of her matches, lack of 4B means he had to resort to the noob combo. On top of that he was running the SUPER noob combo (2ABC3B(or is it 3C now?) j.ABC dj.ABC throw). And she has a new air move. That's it. The other players were either using Ries or a new style but could barely do anything because they were too busy getting mauled by old shit. Things actually got interesting when he switched to fArc though because then we got to see some new moves, but it took forever.

cHisui still looks like she plays almost identically to MBAC but thankfully that player didn't show up in anymore matches after that. I wanna see new moves.

Akiha's j.2C is no longer overhead from what I saw. She has a new j.C that can crossup though but it looks like weak air-to-air since it seems to hit only directly below her and behind.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 21, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
The exhibition video from way back showed MiyakoF doing it, right?  She did that, the Jam kick, and the new jumping stomp, iirc.

Please link because I couldn't find this video.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 21, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »

Please link because I couldn't find this video.
pretty sure it's this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdQ9Ek934w
thundering waterfalls

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 21, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »
Well its nice see Arc and Miyako.

I don't really expect to see Kohaku in any vidsXP
"I play ALL the Sacchins"

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 21, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »
I've been thinking about this recently, but is the announcer one of the characters? If so, I can't seem to match the voice with a character. Up until now the announcer has always been one of the characters. Maybe not this time?
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 21, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »
sound like the last boss' VA is the same as the new announcer

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 21, 2008, 11:27:11 PM »
2 Satsuki combos
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWacaJ-Aqk
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=4XI9GMsV3HA

:slowpoke: ZOMG THAT DECIMATED 2 THIRDS OF HER HEALTH!!!1!11

I fear the new Sacchin...
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #987 on: September 22, 2008, 04:21:42 AM »
good lord wtf combo of satsuki

Went again today, played some more, but this'll be my last day at Club Sega for MBAA. I'll be waiting till the local arcade here upgrades on the 26th, this stuff is costing me a arm and a leg when I go down.
Anyway...from what I do remember.

Characters I tried...

Half Moon Arcueid
Didn't get to try much but...
2C 5C did not produce a wall slam effect. So no putting people into the wall EZ-mode anymore?
All I got after was generic bnb 2A 2B 2C 5C j.BC j.BC throw.
Didn't get to try much else, but she has Warc teleports as most people know by now.

FORGOT TO ADD.
Crescent Moon Kohaku
236B has a new extension to it. 236 might have it, but I forgot to try it out on that too.
236B -> A = the follow up slash we all know and love.
236B -> B = Kohaku does a roll forward that is the same animation as her Dodge.
Didn't get to try out and see if it could roll back or anything, only tried pressing B afterwards.

Half Moon Kohaku
623 is this homerun shit. Kohaku swings her broom kind of like Faust's 5D (thanks Harem)
j.C is this broom slash thing, goes horizontal. Kind of like Nanaya's j.B, but it is one hit, and the angle isn't the same.
22 is that ball thing. You can bounce it around and what not, I didn't get to really try the EX out, since the guy just jumped away from it.

Full Moon Kohaku
Holy Shit. Holy Shit.
236 now shoots out a wave effect. Depending which you use....
A = Horizontal, this shit is TALL. It was at least as tall as Nero, or around his height. Range is limited, but is still very nice.
B = Diagonal, this one shoots upward into the air.
C = HUEG. This one is a huge ass version of A, and goes further.
She still has her plants in Full Moon.
214 is what looks like a counter type of move. She holds out her sword, and it flashes briefly.
I didn't actually get to try out the counter though, was playing around with it across the screen.

Crescent Nanaya
From the vids everyone has seen this but charged 22B will always go behind.
If you OTG string with Nanaya and end with 623B, it'll still grab them at the end for a down.
From what I seen, and tried today after 623C combos midscreen, 2A 5C works on a lot of people.
j.22 is VERY fast now. Fastfall is actually Fast now!

FullMoon Nanaya
gay combo is 2A 2B 2C 623B -> aerial (one set) air throw
Didn't really get a chance to try anything else with him.

FullMoon Aoko
236C = (the magic seal thing, or w/e it is) tons of Magic Draw come out.
214C = (the magic seal thing, or w/e it is) tons of orbs appear, and burst.

FullMoon Hisui
623 the LADDER.
A = Frying Pan (small range)
B = Mop (medium range)
C = Ladder (Fuck you range) Seriously, this shit hits WAY WAY up there.
22 (everyone knows bout this already, but anyway...)
A = Chair
B = Rolling Office Chair
C = Throne

Half Moon Warc
236A/B is a FAST power wave-esque move. I was tagging everything this Nero tried to summon.
236C resembles her 236C from MBAC.
214 is rings
(Didn't get to try 623 much, but it has that blood trailing effect thing, so I'm wondering if it hits? Don't know)
22 is Mystic Eyes.
Holy shit this thing is fast and has range. Hit people from across the screen for CHs.

FullMoon Warc
236 A/B...don't really know how to describe this move too well...it feels like 236 from MBAC, the wave but it has a much bigger vertical reach. It looks like rings, except they are kind of oval shaped. I'll try for a better descrip when it's released in all arcades, I didn't get to try this much.
623 is teleport forward, 421 is teleport backward.

HalfMoon Kouma (Memory is a bit foggy with his moves, think most were the same)
5A is no longer Hoe slapper, but a downward slap.
2A is a downward slap too, not a horizontal poke like MBAC kouma.

FullMoon Kouma
623A Kouma lunges forward, and reaches upward. Opponent  blocked it, so I don't know if it's actually a hit or grab(like Satsuki's grabs that people can block)
623C this one I grabbed someone with, and OW. Think it might work like Satsuki 623C, but unsure. Couldn't really tell if I nabbed them in the air or ground with this one.
(I apologize, I forgot which form had this. I THINK it's Full.)
j.214. A downward fire kick, that Kouma glides down with. A is a slightly slower version than B.

Characters that I saw.

Half Moon Miyako
She has those long ass combos still, and they are even sexier in this.
She can still combo off her ground throw.
The move where she jumps forward and elbow drops the opponent produces a ground bounce, so you can continue comboing after. I saw this guy using it when he was comboing off throw on the ground.
2C(maybe?) is a sliding type of kick.
She has a move on ground that resembles j.B from MBAC, but it produced a wallslam effect.

Full Moon White Len
She has those ice shits from VerA/PS2, the ones that come from the ground.
She now has a projectile that can be fired on ground, or in the air, in the air it has about the same angle as Ciel's black key throws from MBAC.

Despite other videos being uploaded, FOR VOOMER.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvN_ovyvSc

Full Moon Nero
Most of you have probably seen the new vids uploaded on the Joybox stuff, but
Two versions of crows, one hovers very low to the ground and shoots forward.
214 has a Ant Lion appear out of it, has sorta same effect as 214B snakes from MBAC
2A is a poke that resembles his j.A
I saw a Nero do a teleport backwards. Don't know, new type of backdash probably?
This...thing...it creeps along the ground and stuff, and hits you.
One goes forward, other goes backward. EX version will go back and forth multiple times...but...
(I got hit by the EX and was pushed back like a bitch, but it didn't go back and forth, when I blocked it, it went back and forth.)

Anyway this is all I have for now, sorry if it's not very in depth, I'll work on that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:12:51 PM by Akira »
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:01 AM »

FullMoon Hisui

B = Rolling Office Chair

hah, see Chibi, i wasn't lying about it. Need videos of office chair!

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »
Half Moon Kohaku
623 is this homerun shit. Kohaku swings her broom kind of like Faust's 5D (thanks Harem)
j.C is this broom slash thing, goes horizontal. Kind of like Nanaya's j.B, but it is one hit, and the angle isn't the same.
22 is that ball thing. You can bounce it around and what not, I didn't get to really try the EX out, since the guy just jumped away from it.

Full Moon Kohaku
Holy Shit. Holy Shit.
236 now shoots out a wave effect. Depending which you use....
A = Horizontal, this shit is TALL. It was at least as tall as Nero, or around his height. Range is limited, but is still very nice.
B = Diagonal, this one shoots upward into the air.
C = HUEG. This one is a huge ass version of A, and goes further.
She still has her plants in Full Moon.
Akira,thanks for info! :-X

Offline Dogysamich

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Designated Hype Man!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 22, 2008, 11:46:05 AM »
oh shi~

one of my subscriptions started uploading some AA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/geesendou
Kohaku/Hisui Player | Fighting Game Commentator/Player

Follow me on twitter for random updates! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich

Offline Guardian

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 22, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
Chaos, Akiha, and Kouma are looking to be VERY beastly.  Kouma needed buffs imo, but why the hell did they buff Akiha and Chaos???  Holy shit, they're gonna need to be banned if they're wrecking like this on DAY ONE.

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 22, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
Just watched a video with NrvnqsrF.

What the fuck were they thinking. Rhino comes out faster than 4C, 4C comes out faster, Rhino can COMBO INTO 4C, j.C is even more damaging...

Oh yeah, and that EX move that covers the entire floor for like 5 seconds. Goddamn it.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #993 on: September 22, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
jesus christ ex bento is fucking GIGANTIC
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #994 on: September 22, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »
Some impressions on Akiha from the geesendou vids

First off, the Akiha player was really good, it was pretty obvious that the player was very familiar and had a lot of experience with MBAC Akiha.  Kept sticking with Half Moon Akiha for some reason.  I would have liked to see the other styles, but oh well

Akiha's voice is still really good.  She still has all of her ground normals, and gains a new one that kind of looks like her 6c except that she leans forward a bit.  All of her old combos, like hitconfirm into 2c5bb or the wallslam combos still work, and she still does pretty good damage.  She loses her old j.c, and her j.c is now a downward angled attack with really good crossup hitboxes.  The Akiha player was drawing counterhits all day with it.  Her new j.2c becomes very similar to VAkiha j.c, giving a knockdown but it floats her up a bit and also for some reason can be blocked low.  5c also seems to move her forward a lot more than before too.

The ground 236 series makes her automatically do a tiger knee ribbon, and 236c becomes very similar to how tk 236c worked in pre-FT Melty Blood ReACT, making her recover faster so that she has more frame advantage.  The 214 series can be charged now to give it extra range, which is cool but doesn't look like it has very good use.  And the new j.236 series she gets makes her shoot out a ball of ribbons, which has really big startup.  Her new j.22's are pretty interesting.  Doing the j.22a or j.22b in neutral actually seems to be pretty good for controlling space now because of the autoignition.  The Akiha player was trying to experiment with setups involving a knockdown into j.22c, trying to make the automatic pit ignition hit meaty, but he wasn't really having that much success with it.

H Akiha seems to be a bit stronger pressurewise.  Losing the old flamepits is pretty bad, but having the 236 series giving an automatic tigerknee ribbon means she can break one of the rules of MB(jump cancel a blocked normal), as before she had to let a blocked normal recover completely before she could do a tk ribbon.  236c also seems to be very good for pressure too since it gives more frame advantage than the similar tk j.236c in MBAC.  The changed properties on j.c and j.2c also mean that H Akiha doesn't have one of MBAC Akiha's main weaknesses, not having a strong jumpin, so she will have a much easier time now landing in the air against characters like Nero.  j.c crosses up so there will probably be some left/right setups developed for that in the future.

On the flip side, j.2c losing its overhead properties means that H Akiha probably has really crappy high/low mixup.  The new j.c and j.2c give her great new options for air-to-ground, but she now can't fight anyone air-to-air, since her old j.c angled up.  With no air attack that hits at an upwards angle and the loss of real air flame ribbons, she pretty much has no answer to stuff like Warc j.b and Nanaya j.a unless there's some special properties on her new downwards angled j.c that we don't know about.

I think H Akiha is weaker than MBAC Akiha overall, she has some nice new options though.  I think she can be pretty good if she basically avoids fighting air-to-air in situations where she is below the opponent
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:21:46 PM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Dogysamich

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Designated Hype Man!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
if your checking out geesendou's vids, and you've never checked that subscription out, check it OFTEN (i mean like, every 10 min or so till they stop).

I swear it's like a gang of japs who just sit around a cab or something and play just so we can be jealous.
Kohaku/Hisui Player | Fighting Game Commentator/Player

Follow me on twitter for random updates! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich

Offline Chardo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • I am from the FUTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 22, 2008, 08:47:26 PM »
Im starting to notice Half-moon isnt so bad as I thought It would be, auto-regenerating while doing a rushdown and having a "safe" spark when attacking doesnt look so bad, and I have barely seen anyone getting punished for the spark.

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 22, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
Im starting to notice Half-moon isnt so bad as I thought It would be, auto-regenerating while doing a rushdown and having a "safe" spark when attacking doesnt look so bad, and I have barely seen anyone getting punished for the spark.
And thus..the prophecy will was fufilled.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 22, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »
i'm hoping this satsuki thing will drive the sale of the arcade kit down, i can't afford $2500

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 23, 2008, 02:29:44 AM »
It should go down next year when version b is out.