When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 537895 times)

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #1050 on: September 26, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »
The problem with Half Moon is that you don't really have control over when you heat activate. If you're low on health and stuck at around 100%, you have to gain 100% meter to heal before you die, which isn't a problem for Crescent. My judgment on Full Moon is resting on the fact that apparently you can't Heat Activate until you're in MAX. If you could do it, then it would see much stronger to me. Right now it looks like you lose out on a lot of healing in Full Moon because of the minimal Circuit control.

200% circuit isn't really uncommon, so you'll be constantly auto-heating and recovering all the red damage during the fight.

If you're low enough that you need heat RIGHT NOW in half-moon, you probably don't have any red damage to recover anyway.

EDIT: Rumor mill's churning and saying MBAA is console-bound for 2009 and PC-bound for 2010. Anyone got any sources?

That's the thing. 200% is easy to get into. So you'll actually be recovering your red life constantly, thus maximizing the total recoverable life you can ever achieve in a match minus the risk of heat baiting.

Nanaya and Shiki HM actually looks like they have better normals than their CM versions. HM Shiki looks like a beast with an additional poke move.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #1051 on: September 26, 2008, 05:48:57 AM »
Ren Aegis Reflector.

That is all.
Tried out Len's Aegis. It is more than a Aegis...but a very fun Aegis!

Full Moon Len
236 = A small round projectile that moves forward. Semi-fast speed.
214 = The Aegis.
The Aegis reflector works similarly to Roa's lightning traps that I mentioned awhile back. Set it up, and do the motion again to active it. However, Len can only set up two max. One on the ground, one in the air.
Here is the fun part, the Aegis themselves won't do anything if the opponent touches them.
So what good are they?
Do a 214 again, and you'll cause them to move. (Didn't get a thorough chance to try out everything, looks like depending what button you use, they'll go either Up/Down or Left/Right)
214 in the air is a Aegis that will move upward, or downward.
214 on ground is a Aegis that will move left, or right.
The fun part is if you do an Aegis in the air, and have it shoot down, it will slam the enemy into the ground.
Can't remember too well, but ground Aegis I did produced a wallslam effect when it slammed into them.
214C is a giant Aegis that will cause damage on touch.
(That's about all the info I have on F-Moon Len for now.)

Full Moon White Len
236 is a fireball-type projectile that moves at a fairly fast speed. (Not as fast as F Aoko 236, but pretty close)
j.236 acts a bit like Warc's j.214 rings.
j.236A will fire, then you'll drop to the ground.
j.236B will fire, but you'll stall in the air for a bit.
214 are her ice traps she had back in VerA/PS2
214B is a horizontal spreading one.
214A is a vertical spreading one.
214C is the web in the air.
She still has her 2CC and j.2C in this form, as well j.214

Full Moon Kohaku
236A will produce a wallslam effect, as well as 236C
j.236A/B is when Kohaku goes Magical Amber and zooms forward, but when I did this it didn't actually damage them. She just flew.
j.236C is where she will cause damage to them, but I got hit out of it and didn't get to fully see what it could do.

Full Moon Shiki Tohno
...can't say much.
I couldn't figure out what the hell his 22 set of moves really did aside from doing a 22[A] and it had him charge up a kick.
623...is this weird angled jump forward with his knee out. Like Sagat's TigerKnee...TIGERTIGERUPPERCUTTIGERCRUSH  lolol...
236 is a ripoff of Nanaya's 236. Didn't try much else with this, but I think there is more to it.
Yeah...not much I got out of using Tohno. :X

Full Moon Shiki Nanaya
Depending on which 623 you use, you must press the button again to get a special effect
623A, pressing a button at the end will cause Nanaya to do a j.22.
623B, pressing a button at the end will cause Nanaya to do a flash kick.
623C, pressing a button at the end will cause Nanaya to do a flash kick.
Basically, just press a button after to get something else, if not you get regular 623.
236 Nanaya will do a horizontal slash
236 has up to two followups from the initial hit(like Kouma 236)
First 236 = a slash
Second 236 = a second slash
Third 236 = a 214B
236C is a slash then followed by the 236C we all know from MB days.
Hit a airborne opponent with the second hit of 236, and it caused them to slam to the ground
Note: Nanaya F does not have chargeable 22B
lolisauce that's great to hear you'll be back man!
I was trying 5C out, but it was a standing kick. So I'm thinking what you saw was his 236, the horizontal slash with his knife, right?
Most I got out of 5[C] was that it was chargeable, don't know it's properties though.

That's about all I got out of today.
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline okuhoshi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 26, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
cant help against M-hisui(F) but wasting your breath :slowpoke:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4SFwsJIGY

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »
That's the thing. 200% is easy to get into. So you'll actually be recovering your red life constantly, thus maximizing the total recoverable life you can ever achieve in a match minus the risk of heat baiting.

Nanaya and Shiki HM actually looks like they have better normals than their CM versions. HM Shiki looks like a beast with an additional poke move.
I don't remember much about ShikiH, but I'd say that NanayaC looks superior to NanayaH unless NanayaH has 22.[b] and the ability to wallslam combo off 214b in the corner.  Out of what I've seen so far, NanayaH has a real good 623c for punishing, but the move's new properties makes it look like you can no longer do a 623c corner combo.  Also NanayaH's new normals look like they have MUCH less range and also less forward movement, putting a damper on his pressure.  As far as NanayaF goes, it looks like his new 623 is one of the best of them all, with the ability to easily combo off of 623b/c or FF out of the 623a for a safe recovery (since the FF is super fast and you have control instantly upon hitting ground now).  Also the ability to use the j.donkey kick EX to finish off aircombos is pretty beefy.  I'll have to see how the new 236 works though, before I make any real judgement as to if he's better or worse than the others.

And thanks for all the info Akira.  It's good to get some hard info on LenF, w.LenF, and NanayaF.  You've answered a lot of my questions for Nanaya, especially.  I'm really just dumbfounded that they've made ShikiF so blatantly similar to Nanaya though.  With all the directions they could take him, why do they have to just make him a Nanaya clone?  Ugh...upsetting... 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Chardo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • I am from the FUTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 26, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
cant help against M-hisui(F) but wasting your breath :slowpoke:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4SFwsJIGY

I really love M-hisui(F), or Full moon characters in general, they seem to play much more like other classic fighters like Kof or Guilty gear, relying more on special moves, not wiffs, and actual super cancels, also BAZOOKA MINAGOROSHI

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 26, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:38:42 PM by XRAM-006VC »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 26, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »
I really love M-hisui(F), or Full moon characters in general, they seem to play much more like other classic fighters like Kof or Guilty gear, relying more on special moves, not wiffs, and actual super cancels, also BAZOOKA MINAGOROSHI

Same reason I like Crescent most because it plays like MBAC.
I really really hate that they replaced chair with ex bento though. :[

I might switch to halfmoon or full moon for my Hiko though, those seem interesting.

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 26, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »
Miyako's route is also awesome, because of MechNeko team char. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1789/nekomechvo3.png

Someone. Anyone.

Video.

Now.

Thanks.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 26, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »
Are there still going to be any tweaks made to the game before it comes out? HM can use a little nerfing, like decreasing the possible recoverable life compared to the other grooves.

HM Shiki looks stronger than CM Shiki. Better poke move (2C) that almost make him like nanaya in terms of reach.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 27, 2008, 04:38:38 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=CZaLMRbXiFk&feature=user 00:20 Seems like doing 41236C during Heat in HM results in an AAD instead of regular AD.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Lupo

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 27, 2008, 06:19:43 AM »
I still want to see what's different about the nekos in this one...  :V

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 27, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
Miyako's route is also awesome, because of MechNeko team char. http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1789/nekomechvo3.png

Someone. Anyone.

Video.

Now.

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTSxb-QRdPY

That's the video he got it from in the first place.

Seems like doing 41236C during Heat in HM results in an AAD instead of regular AD.
If this is true, WOW.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:17:00 AM by Draku »

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 27, 2008, 09:34:32 AM »

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=CZaLMRbXiFk&feature=user 00:20 Seems like doing 41236C during Heat in HM results in an AAD instead of regular AD.
It's either more random glitches or that's his new AD animation cause they wanted it to suck less.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 27, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »

It's either more random glitches or that's his new AD animation cause they wanted it to suck less.
Might not be a glitch.  Half can't go into blood heat after all.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
Can MBAA be played two-player on a single NAOMI? Would one need to get one of those Capcom extra button adapter things? Who should one go to for questions about arcades cabinets? >.<;;

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Maho

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 28, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »
Can MBAA be played two-player on a single NAOMI? Would one need to get one of those Capcom extra button adapter things? Who should one go to for questions about arcades cabinets? >.<;;
Yes you can play two players with only one naomi, SF4 is as far as i know the only fighting game you need two boards to, unless you count the gundam vs series as FGs.
The need for capcom kick harness will depend first on what cabinet you will play, Naomi is a JVS system (commands are on usb but different standard than pc) so unless you have a JVS cabinet (like naomi universal cabs) you'll need a converter to use it in a classic jamma cabinet, the sega one have 5 buttons wired to the jamma so you can play MBAA directly, with the capcom converter you'll need a kick harness to get all the buttons.
For questions about cabs, i think you should go ask there http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #1067 on: September 29, 2008, 02:09:13 AM »
Miss a shield four times, and your guard bar will become the worst possible.
Light Blue -> Dim Blue -> Dim Red -> Bright Red

Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Mistwraith

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 29, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Well summary of characters I used so far . . .

Riesbyfe
Overall nice character, I only really tried her in her half moon mode, her crescent moon and full moon somehow doesn't fit my style. She has air dashes like Aoko and Nero which is a straight air dash, her jumping C comes out a little slow compared to the rest, is chargable. If you do a instant air dash followed by a jC, please do take note that the C might not come in time.

Her jB is where she uses the pointed end of her shield and hits u, long range. She also has a jumping 6C which does a wall slam effect if it connects. Animation wise is similar to her jB. Overall those who played with my Riesbyfe knows that she has a good mid range poke by using 2B or 5B and whiffing it with either 2A or 5A. Her 5B has around quarter of a screen range, and she will move forward a little while doing that move. She also has a 6B move in which she does a fast close range punch.

Her 5A is a kick which hits low, 2A is also a fast poking kick. 5B would be as what i mentioned before, 2B she would crouch and does what she did in 5B just without the moving forward thing. 5C she attacks forward with her shield, mid hit, 2C she does a slide move, not very far, dangerous if it doesn't connect. There is a little window of time where you can punish her if her 2C misses.

Half Moon Mode
236A / B / C -- She uses her shield and charges at the enemy, is rather punishable so don't really try to do it unless you are certain of it connecting.

623A / B / C -- Circular uppercut, A version is a very low uppercut which she uses her shield and does a circular attack, similar to Haomaru from Samurai Shodown or Youmu's DP from IAMP and SWR. B version she goes up higher vertically. Ex version is similar to B version, just with multiple hits.

214A / B / C -- A version has a weird hit box, I never really hit anyone with it, B hits mid, while C hits people who are blocking low, so I guess you have to block it high.

63214 A / B / C -- She stays stationary and uses her shield to hit enemies who are close, A version requires you to be beside the enemy to hit, B version will have a delay effect and is slightly, just slightly hits further than B. This move seems to have super armor for a while when you execute it, but I think is only for maybe 1-2 hits.

41236 C -- Arcdrive where she charges forward with her pointed end of her shield and hits for around 5-6 hits, decent dmg

Her BNB combo for me on the ground is, 2A, 2B, 2C, 5C, 5B, jA, jC, jA, jC, airthrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vampire / Tatari Sion
Same as Riesbyfe, I only really tried her in half moon mode. Some new changes about her is that in half moon mode, her 5C attack is able to be whiffed now into lower strength attacks like 5A, 2A etc. In addition she has a new 6A, 6A, 6A move in which similar to MBAC Ciel's boxing punches, she will do a punch, a knee kick then a forward kick, it is also whiffable into other attacks. It knocks the opponent into the air at the end of the last 6A, so you can just aircombo after it.

Her BNB launcher move which was 3B in MBAC has been changed to 3C instead. And her 5B attack also has been changed to 5C instead with a new animation, instead of a doing a kick standing on 1leg ( sorry for my description ), she does a forward flip kick now, it is also chargable. Her jB animation also has been changed, from doing a punch or slap whatever you wanna call it to a lame 45 degrees low kick. It looks damn weird to me =p

And something to take note in her pressure strings now, her 2B is very weak now, its range is like even shorter than her 2A. Her 5B also has its animation changed from a standing knee kick to a wave of her arm 45 degrees forward. Her 6B got replaced with a new attack where she shoots a small tornado out melee range. Accordingly to Fisyher, it is chargable and its range will increase with charging. Not that useful, I didn't bother to use it much.

Half Moon Mode
236A / B / C -- Same claw move which is also in MBAC

623A / B / C -- Same claw uppercut move, the C version is different now though, if the opponent is too high in the air when you do it, it only hits the enemy once. If the height is just nice, it will do multiple hits with smaller claws animation hitting the enemy from left and right, looks nice but is a nerf in my opinion compared to her MBAC C version.

214A / B / C -- Same move as her MBAC incarnation where she summons Arcuied, Satsuki or Akiha out depending on the button used.

41236C -- Arcdrive move, same old one from MBAC.

Well for Vsion BNB combos, she has so much possibility now with her 5C whiffable and the addition of 3 x 6A. For me, the most damaging arrangement for me would be 2A, 5B, 5C, 6A, 6A, 2C, 3C, jB, jC, jB, jC, airdash jC, airthrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyako
Miyako in MBAA has nice changes, her 5C is now also whiffable into 5A, 2A etc like Vsion. If you hit enemy with a 5B and if you press B again, she will do a punch similar to her jB which will knocks the enemy all the way to the wall, producing a wall slam effect. She has a new kick move which is similar to Guilty Gear's Jam dragon kick. It is executable also in the air. In return for that, she can't do her 623 move in the air anymore. It is done using 236 motion so which means she loses her old ground elbow charging move.

She also gain a new overhead elbow move in which she jumps and using her elbow to hit the enemy. And she is also slower if you try to do a super jump forward and spam jump As, she doesn't travel that far now with it. Her jB has slightly shorter range compared to her MBAC incarnation but still has the overhead property. Her 2C animation has been changed from a crouching round house to a kick similar to White Len's 2C. Recovery seems to be faster than the old 2C. Not sure if she still retains her 6B, will find out more this week.

Half Moon Mode
236A / B / C -- The new dragon kick as I call it, A version will launch Miyako 45 degrees in the air, B version is lower to the ground. The EX version C is similar to B. Executable in the air.

623A / B / C -- Same move from MBAC incarnation. Not able to execute it anymore in the air.

214A / B / C -- Same move too from MBAC, A version looks the same to me, B version has been changing slightly, she now does a hop forward before doing the punch, is further than the MBAC incarnation. I can't really confirm for EX version, not much change to do it, will find out more this week too.

22A / B / C -- Same move, A version is the same, B version doesn't seem to launch enemy in the air now, same as the EX version. I will try to confirm for the EX version too T_T

Miyako's BNB for me is 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 3C, jB, jC, jB, jC, airthrow.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:30:22 AM by Mistwraith »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 29, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
Only Half Moon...  D;
---

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #1070 on: September 29, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
Someone's probably already done it, but I'm here making a smartass comment about Full Moon Red Arc being invulnerable, right? :V
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
Miss a shield four times, and your guard bar will become the worst possible.
Light Blue -> Dim Blue -> Dim Red -> Bright Red

GG Tom. :V
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
wtf... :psyduck:
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2008, 01:23:27 PM »
wtf... :psyduck:
<Vetenite> As I suspected, shielding in MBAA puts you in CH2 state!!

Sup.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
ahahahaha

thats hilarious, i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it

half fun wc!~