When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood on PS3?  (Read 25878 times)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood on PS3?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
what they need to, instead of trying to port it to the ps3 version.

why not just port the arcade version to the ps3?! just like all the other arcade games. it wouldn't be hard ( i imagine)

i mean they did it with Marvel, and its a much older game.

It is MUCH harder than that. Do you know of Super Street Fighter 2? They ported the arcade version to PS2 under Capcom Classic Collection 2 and it was trash. Different hardware is different hardware. When you move things to another platform things become un-optimized because of hardware changes. When Steam moved to Mac, do you think they just said "Well, it shouldn't be too hard to just throw it on there." They have to re-optimize the game to the platform. That costs money. Ecole isn't exactly a huge company (look at their history of games) and without a sponsor to help them, it would be impossible, especially since they want to move onto a newer game. MBAACC was only made on Ringwide as a test to see what it can handle, just like King of Fighters Neowave was made for Atomiswave. MBAACC wasn't even announced until Sega announced Ringwide was being made, I'm sure they had no intentions to make a new version after PS2 (I could be wrong).

Mauve says otherwise on hardware

If anything we'd be lucky enough to even get a PC version if anything at this point.

While I'm at it let me just refresh the pros and cons to each possible port

PC
Pros-
Netplay (built in or 3rd party)
Can just use a laptop to bring to a tourney

Cons-
Have to restart program every time for key rebind
Laptop could be weak
USB rate
Possible Lag
Looks unprofessional at tourneys
Streaming

PS3/360
pros-
Netplay (I think it's a standard at this point)
Easily be in tournament (since most tourneys already have a set of ps3, j360 not so much though :<)
Looks a lot more professional at tourneys
Easy button config/controller setup

cons-
Not everyone is balling and has one
If on 360, region locked

So in reality, we should just get an SNES port, and use XBand.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 01:50:25 PM by Mizuki »
what the fuck is this game

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »
It is MUCH harder than that. Do you know of Super Street Fighter 2? They ported the arcade version to PS2 under Capcom Classic Collection 2 and it was trash. Different hardware is different hardware. When you move things to another platform things become un-optimized because of hardware changes. When Steam moved to Mac, do you think they just said "Well, it shouldn't be too hard to just throw it on there." They have to re-optimize the game to the platform. That costs money. Ecole isn't exactly a huge company (look at their history of games) and without a sponsor to help them, it would be impossible, especially since they want to move onto a newer game. MBAACC was only made on Ringwide as a test to see what it can handle, just like King of Fighters Neowave was made for Atomiswave. MBAACC wasn't even announced until Sega announced Ringwide was being made, I'm sure they had no intentions to make a new version after PS2 (I could be wrong).

There's a lot of counterpoints to that, yeah.

• A lot of old arcade games were basically written in asm for speed, which is inherently unportable, meaning it would have to be rewritten for the target platform. If they didn't do a perfect job porting it, it'd suck. There's also the fact that a lot of video hardware at the time had to be updated on demand to the line, instead of prerendered before it ever went to the screen. There's less latency that way, but much harder to convert to a framebuffer based system.
  • The PS2 was one such framebuffer based system, and it was also a very limited system, especially as far as 2D games are concerned. The lack of ram made for far too many porting issues, particularly with games that have lots of huge sprites. (Hi Arcana Heart!) It also tended to have pretty distinctly different screen timings from arcade games, but not always. Depended on the original hardware.
  • Modern systems are all very standardized and use hardware acceleration for almost all drawing. Basically, DirectX or OpenGL or some customized variation thereof, meaning there's no need for porting any of it. No mid-frame rendering tricks here!
  • Similarly, they're also fast enough that there is very little need for asm coding until you start getting to things like farming out vector processing. Which absolutely none of the fighting games will need, since that's purely rendering.
  • So porting from a system like Ringwide, which is functionally an embedded Windows system, to a modern console, is somewhere between trivial and laughable to get an arcade perfect port.

Offline THCxWADE

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • All that THC = a happy Shiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »
what they need to, instead of trying to port it to the ps3 version.

why not just port the arcade version to the ps3?! just like all the other arcade games. it wouldn't be hard ( i imagine)

i mean they did it with Marvel, and its a much older game.

If anything we'd be lucky enough to even get a PC version if anything at this point.

While I'm at it let me just refresh the pros and cons to each possible port

PC
Pros-
Netplay (built in or 3rd party)
Can just use a laptop to bring to a tourney

Cons-
Have to restart program every time for key rebind
Laptop could be weak
USB rate
Possible Lag
Looks unprofessional at tourneys
Streaming

PS3/360
pros-
Netplay (I think it's a standard at this point)
Easily be in tournament (since most tourneys already have a set of ps3, j360 not so much though :<)
Looks a lot more professional at tourneys
Easy button config/controller setup

cons-
Not everyone is balling and has one
If on 360, region locked

So in reality, we should just get an SNES port, and use XBand.

i personallly think laptops at a tournament could look professional. we would just need an equal amount of hd tvs. i run melty blood:AA perfectly just like this.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/rasaka00/IMAG0173.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/rasaka00/IMAG0174.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/rasaka00/IMAG0176.jpg

thanks for shrinking them!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:17:09 PM by THCxWADE »
itachi says fuck a hater

Offline suzumiya4ever

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 06:39:26 PM »
Mm people saying why only PS3 port is because I thought you know, they only released MBAA for PS2 so... It's like I could buy PS2 in Korea, but.. I don't see why I should do that just for MBAA jap version when I have PS3 and if they just release MBAACC to PS3, then it's all good.

Also reason why I thought Ecold would release it on PS3 now is because since PS3 is the "current" generation console I suppose, and they released MBAA on PS2.

I can understand that why people want PC version, but obvious reason that even with any positive side for PC is that piracy is going to be pain in the ass... Unless they release some sort of USB key or some shit like that (Just like DJ MAX Trilogy if anyone knows) to prevent Pirating, I don't see them releasing one for PC.
Also who knows, BlazBlue got popular all of sudden too after releasing it on PS3, 360, and PC first and then for Continuum Shift they only released it for PS3 and 360 right? Even though I don't see why Ecole would release 360 version considering how MB never even made it to xbox or I don't even know how many Japanese people have 360 in Japan unlike how on PS3 it's region free so even US players can play...  but anyway, that's why "I'm" hoping for PS3.

Offline THCxWADE

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 06:51:35 PM »
yeah its cool, but i dont see a problem with the piracy. even if they release it on ps3 it'll proly be japan only, and you'd have to buy the import anyway. so it wouldn't matter if Americans pirated the game. im sure the japanese would still buy.

its too bad, i wish both would happen. but then if its on PC and ps3 a 360 port could follow. once it hits the 360 it could turn to shit, micro$oft is good at whoring games out.

plus can't you guys play MB:AA on ps3 already (y'know the old ones)
itachi says fuck a hater

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 07:22:17 PM »

Sure, if you have a japanese one.

The PS2 BiOS that the chrome faceplate PS3's have is region based.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 05:56:55 AM »
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline THCxWADE

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 08:50:28 AM »

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o60/rasaka00/IMAG0174.jpg
Time to update PCSX2, son. 0.9.7 is out.

i have 0.9.7 already young boy, but i like the old one better for melty blood. i only use the new one for heavier games (Zone of the Enders, Shadow of Colossus)
itachi says fuck a hater

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:16 PM »
I wonder though,would it be that hard to support button mapping ingame?
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
Whoever wishes for a PC port over a PS3 one, is BRAIN DEAD  :mystery:

If you don't have a ps3, go to some MB tourney and take U.S. money to buy one  :prinny:
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline suzumiya4ever

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
I have slim so :( Also even if you have the old version, you need to have Jap version haha, I like how they still kept PS2 games region locked for old version... *cries*
yeah its cool, but i dont see a problem with the piracy. even if they release it on ps3 it'll proly be japan only, and you'd have to buy the import anyway. so it wouldn't matter if Americans pirated the game. im sure the japanese would still buy.

its too bad, i wish both would happen. but then if its on PC and ps3 a 360 port could follow. once it hits the 360 it could turn to shit, micro$oft is good at whoring games out.

If you don't have a ps3, go to some MB tourney and take U.S. money to buy one

haha.

Offline KeiForce!

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »

If you don't have a ps3, go to some MB tourney and take U.S. money to buy one  :prinny:

Yes. I'll totally get on that.

But really. I'd buy both versions. Limited editions of each if possible.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »
But a PC port would go so pretty on my MAME cab... :<

~M

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »
Give me a console version of the tsukihime based anime fighter, so my ps2 version of the game can collect dustbunnies right next to my copy of continuum shift  :P
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 07:54:10 AM »
PC melty just kills tourney scene

deal with it
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »

deal with it

More like a PC version makes people lazy enough to kill their own scene.  :V
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:40:51 PM by Light »
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline KeiForce!

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

deal with it

And forcing ones hand in the matter doesn't?

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »
i have 0.9.7 already young boy, but i like the old one better for melty blood. i only use the new one for heavier games (Zone of the Enders, Shadow of Colossus)
'cept there's no reason to, since the later version is more accurate, and as far as Melty's concerned, you're not going to take a speed hit.

What if we don't want a PS3 because it's shit?

deal with it

More like a PC version makes people lazy enough to kill their own scene.  :V
This. Because it's easier to netplay from the comfort of your desk as opposed to traveling miles just to play a game. It isn't exactly going to stop consolefags from being lazy. Only the consolefags getting lazy would stop it from tournaments.

Also, remember that not everyone cares about a scene. Some folks just want to play the game and have fun enough with that, for which a PC or a PS2 are best options, not a fucking $400 PS3. You could buy a laptop that'll run AC just fine now for like $300 or so. If that.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 06:31:07 AM »
Someone should lock this thread because its getting fucking dumb
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 07:22:18 AM »
Hey, if you don't care about the scene then go somewhere else smart guy.

We can just delete all the fanboy-ish shit that doesn't pertain to actually help a community grow, so you can take your anti-social behavior back to your cave.

Selfish fuck.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:24:59 AM by [9]th »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »
I don't matter if the console used in MB tourney is PS3 or PC. I just wanna play.

Since PS3 recognizes PC controllers, it's okay.
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
Also, remember that not everyone cares about a scene. Some folks just want to play the game and have fun enough with that, for which a PC or a PS2 are best options, not a fucking $400 PS3. You could buy a laptop that'll run AC just fine now for like $300 or so. If that.

ROFLMAO why are you so retarded? you're not even stating your facts right, let me point it out in case you didn't notice your own contradictory :blah:

1. Yeah, "casual" faggots like yourself that don't really care about the community, don't even post here, I don't see why are you here tbh then, with that kind of thinking.

2. How the fuck is a PC a better option? You got so many factors involved in a pc port, it's been said so many times before I won't even bother listing them, yeah it'd help lazy and casual fagz to play it, but that's not how a fg scene works, casuals are just passing by, and if they really get into the game they care about making it grow. PS2? yeah cuz like, everyone has a ps2 (jap/modded). Get real, most ppl have sold their ps2 by now, only people here that has one is because they care about the scene and take the bother, a lot of times, to travel along with it (and even carrying TVs) JUST so that the community can have a good time playing the game. So I don't see casual people having a ps2 for this game. (PCSX2 you say? that shit input laggs bad, I use it, but If I could I'd buy a ps2 just to play MBAA)

3. Get your facts straighten up before you post gibberish, if someone has 300 bux for a "laptop that can run AC", you can get a ps3 for THE SAME FUCKING PRICE.

Also, I agree with Ehrik, this thread should be closed seeing how it's getting so dumb.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:10:26 AM by Kusanagi »
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »
The world is still not ready for MBAACC port threads.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2010, 10:17:06 AM »
PCSX2 you say? that shit input laggs bad
That it does.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2010, 10:42:49 AM »
Yeah I'm closing down shop before we go completely overboard.
 :emo:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~