hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MeltyDB - A place to look for MBAACC VODs  (Read 27804 times)

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
Re: MeltyDB - A place to look for MBAACC VODs
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2013, 06:20:37 AM »
Thanks for the update Pete.

http://i.imgur.com/lyBG5Ao.png

I didn't know you could see into the future.

Also, with some searches, I don't seem to be receiving all the results. I've tried in 3 browsers but they all seem to cut off at the bottom. Maybe it's just me.
thanks for pointing out the date mixups, that's been fixed. and strangely enough the result cut-off thing seems to only be happening with F-Akiha and GAME-acho results. very strange.

EDIT: Fixed the issue. I don't completely understand why what is happening is happening but I've fixed it for the moment.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:00:31 AM by Pete »
7:27 PM - grungrah: i will be the first anime player sponsored by french bread
7:27 PM - grungrah: mark my words

Offline Martee Blood

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Martee Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
Long live Melty!
I've fucked all the waifus.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
Godlike. Guess I'll be digesting some matchvids soon!

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »
Yo, how's it goin?
So MeltyDB has come to a point where I feel like a lot of necessities have been taken care of, thus I figured why not poll around for what to work on next. I have many ideas but I'm always open to more.
Here's what's on my list:
  • Pagination
  • Advanced searching by winner
  • Better player searching
  • Player Pages
  • Match recommendation system
  • Login system for favoriting/other things
  • Combo video archiving
  • Site redesign / Backend redesign
I've been approached a couple times about expanding MeltyDB to include other games, this is something I've considered as well but it would have to be a game I really enjoyed. As I've stated before, if someone else wanted to create a DB for another game and is willing to do most of the transcribing, I'm more than willing to support them on the web side.

I'm currently scheduling myself to work on the first two and the rest are just ideas I've had in my head for a while. Let me know if any of these appeal to you or maybe if you have your own suggestions, please feel free to post em here or lemme know any other way.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
Hmm. If possible I'd like to see rating 1-5 stars. It's not like it's hard to find good matches; japanese matches are usually good, but rating would make it easier to find the best matches right away when you want to try a new character.

I'd also like to see more names in higher winrate statistics. Maybe top100? Sometimes you want to know who are best players of character X so you can watch his matches closely. Melty Blood has 90+ options, so a big number would be necessary I guess. Another option would be higher player winrates by characters (I actually think that's more interesting =x).
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
I'd like to see player pages and search by winner.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »
Hmm. If possible I'd like to see rating 1-5 stars. It's not like it's hard to find good matches; japanese matches are usually good, but rating would make it easier to find the best matches right away when you want to try a new character.

I'd also like to see more names in higher winrate statistics. Maybe top100? Sometimes you want to know who are best players of character X so you can watch his matches closely. Melty Blood has 90+ options, so a big number would be necessary I guess. Another option would be higher player winrates by characters (I actually think that's more interesting =x).
Once pagination is up and running I'll enabling full results for every category. Eventually I want to have it being one table that you can sort however you want.

The recommendation system would work something like the 1-5 stars maybe and would tie directly into player pages. On player pages you would seen what their stats are (win rate by character+moon), what region they usually play in, known aliases (with the ability to add more aliases), recommended games, and i think i'd even throw in a link to their twitter if i knew it. something like that.

Cool to see interest for some of the features, I'll start work on those after the weekend probably. Canadian Thanksgiving and all

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Pete, do you plan to do YT mirrors of the Before Red-White (not Red-White lol) series that took place in 2012-2013?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/Before%E7%B4%85%E7%99%BD?track=nicouni_search_keyword

I think you got some of the later ones, but not all of them. Only check I did was searching up Evu H-Nero vs Sekitsuka H-Nanaya on MeltyDB and got nothing.

The Korean Melty channel webgori has some mirrors recently up of the vids as well (although not all of them?).

I will definitely upload those, I wonder why they were missed when I picked up where MeltyBread left off.
Other than that, I think I'll add the webgori/jay jo stuff to the database maybe. I know they have some cool offline content.

Thanks for the heads up.
Actually looks like webgori beat me to it haha.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:35:36 AM by Pete »

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 04:32:57 AM »
Here's somethings I would like to see in MeltyDB:

* A page only for Recently Added. See people could always check what's new in the very DB.
* Rating for videos. So people could rate and search for the best rated videos. There are tons os vids to see, I think rating would work as some kind of filter, which would give people more time.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »
Hey guys, I've started up work on the DB again.
Please vote in this poll about netplay matches: http://strawpoll.me/1572321

Other than that transcribing has started again and I'm expecting for the first update for new matches to be early May. New features will be coming after that. New features may show up inexplicably or randomly within any time period between now and the near future.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:14:23 PM by Pete »

Offline Pete

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • back on the grind
    • View Profile
    • MeltyDB
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 10:05:39 PM »
Over 2.1k matches added this morning. Some of the stats stuff has broken from some changes I made. But you know those can be fixed more leisurely.
Enjoy!