hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Reliable Last Arc vs. Halfmoon anyone.  (Read 3694 times)

Offline neZ

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Braindead
    • View Profile
Reliable Last Arc vs. Halfmoon anyone.
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »
I've been messing with this a little bit, and it's admittedly a bit situational and character-dependent, but...

How much recovery do the half-moon auto-bursts have? Because if it's any at all, certain last-arcs can be reliably used against half-moon characters by being in blood-heat, hitting with a jab, and shielding the autoburst. The timing is consistently the same, so it'd really just be a matter of practice.

Now obviously this would only work for certain last arcs, because many of them don't have enough active frames to hit longer than the invincibility lasts, but some longer ones work (For example I've tested it with Wara's.)

Also, I've only really been trying this in training mode. Obviously this only will really work if there's a tiny bit of recovery to the autoburst. If not they can just block.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Reliable Last Arc vs. Halfmoon anyone.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 02:32:51 AM »
It really depends on if Half Moon circuit spark is punishable on any level. Ive had people place 2 meaty attacks through me while I recovered, and I was able to block afterwards. The only time ive seen a half moon circuit spark punished was when denpa did 2a > 5d > Bite in vanillia mbaa.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:19:30 AM »
you can only punish H-moon spark with air throw or well timed unblockable im afraid. Only a handful of Last arcs are unblockable

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:39:26 AM »
God, that would be hot; I'd pay to watch that shit on Skinemax.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »
Half Moon autospark is completely invincible up until the point you can block. Any Last Arc that's blockable will absolutely not punish autospark. During autospark though the character is completely vulnerable to throws, so air to air j.C airthrow or ground to ground 5A 5[D] command throw works. To my knowledge Ciel Last Arc does something like 6000 block damage though, so pretty much they'll be left with no yellow life and a half bar of red life with 0 meter, and a couple of others are unblockable (Nanaya and Aoko are throws IIRC and I think so is WLen, not sure about others).

Offline neZ

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Braindead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »
My internet was down earlier today, so I did some SCIENCE:

Unless noted otherwise, the testing is C-whoever vs. H-VSion. 0% guard gage, max circuit, enemy set to guard all. I used A (guard break) A-41236C to test arc drives, and Jab (guardbreak) A, D (A, j.D where needed) to test all last arcs. Other notable special moves were tested with A (Guard break) C->move

Arc: Last arc seems to hit. Arc drive goes through the burst but doesn't hit.

Warc: Last arc animation happens, fails to hit. Gets hit out of arc drive. 623A will go through the autospark.

AKiha: Last arc comes out, can be blocked. Arc drive comes, goes through her, invincibles through the burst.

Maids: Kohaku last arc goes through, fails to hit. Hisui last arc seems to work? Can't really be sure. Both Arc drives go through spark, fail to hit.

Miyako: Last arc goes through but does not hit. Oddly, gets hit out of another arcdrive but not arcdrive. Neither hit.

Ciel: Arc drive gets blocked. Last arc gets blocked

Sion: Arc drive doesn't hit, Gets hit out of Another Arc, Last arc gets blocked.

Aoko: Arc drives get blocked, Last arc starts but doesn't hit.

Tohno: Last Arc misses, Arc Drives miss.

Nanaya: Last Arc Misses, Arc Drives miss.

Kouma: Last Arc hits. Is hit out of arc drives.

Ries: Last arc Miss, Arc drives miss. Notably, however, H-Ries's 63214B autoguards the spark.

VSion: Last Arc misses, Hit out of Arc drives;

Wara: Last Arc hits, Arc drives can be blocked. Notably, All 421 and j.421 moves go through the spark on cancel. j.421C has to be blocked. Wara's jabs at max range also evade the burst outright.

Roa: Hit out of arc drives, last arc misses.

VAkiha: Arc drive misses, Another Arc gets blocked, last arc misses.

Mech: Hit out of Arc drives, I find it funny that the stampede sound still plays. Last arc hits three times (First hit seems to miss, possibly the last hit too?)

Satsuki: Arc drives miss, Last arc hits.

Len: Gets hit out of both arc drives, but the normal one continues on and has to be blocked. Last arc cake comes down but doesn't hit.

Ryougi: Hit out of Arc drive, Last arc and Another Arc miss.

WLen: Same as Len.

Nrsodjgps- your mom: Arc drives hit, though I'm sure they can be dodged. Last Arc hits but I think a few hits miss in the beginning.

Hisui: Same as Maids ver.
Kohaku: Same as Maids ver.

Necoarc: Last Arc and Arc Drives miss.

All: You can heat activate through the burst.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 01:12:34 AM »
I too did some science of my own.

This was my method: I went into training mode, chose C-Ciel for P1 and H-*insert character*for P2. I set magic bar as Max. I used C-Ciel to do 2A 236C (Hiero) on H-*insert character*. I then set CPU Action as All Guard the moment H-*insert character* sparks.

All characters guarded the Hiero EXCEPT White Len.

Does this mean that there are invincibility frames after an auto-spark for all characters except White Len?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.