When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: several newbie questions  (Read 1841 times)

Offline relight

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • 普通的魔法使
    • View Profile
several newbie questions
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:01 PM »
Hi I;m new here and got several questions about this game that'll hopefully get answered.
1) is 6+A+B better than 66? It seems that I could attack earlier when doing 6+A+B-->A, than 66 +a? When I do 66 + a my character would dash a longer distant before attacking

2) How do you do a sliding 236B with V Akiha? I tried 236 6 B and 236 A+B B, both didnt work for me.

3) Is there any secret to wall slamming? It seems that I can only wallslam once with V.AKIHA's 2C--->623B Loop (I saw some videos in youtube that people can wallslam twice)

THanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:00:36 AM by relight »
Arcueid / W.Len / Miyako player.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=HKrelight

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: several newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:11:12 AM »
2am and can't sleep, wtf.

1) Preference. Personally, if I could marry the A+B button I would.

2) Sliding 236B? No clue what you're asking...though it sounds like you're wondering how they do the A-versions, in which case you're not adding 6 but rather 9 or 7 (or 8 for neutral). If that was the question, then go practice mode for a bit and be ready to superjump a lot till you get it.

3) Can't get the 2nd/3rd roll in? I'd guess you're hitting the 2C too late so the roll doesn't connect. What I do is hold 2 as she's falling, and try to hit C right before her feet touch the ground. The 2c is usually at the right hight then. Don't try to rush the 623 input afterwards because it easily (at least for me) turns into a 236B, which sucks.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
Re: several newbie questions
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:32 AM »
For dash momentum specials/EX's, you have to input everything within 8 frames of each other. (At least for PC version. Non-B2 versions have 12 frame windows, I believe)
That being said, what you're doing is correct, but maybe you're not pressing B fast enough after pressing A+B.