When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Sprite Template?  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Sprite Template?
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »
I dont know if this is the proper section to put this, but I am new here so bear with me.

What I want to know is, is there any sort of fighter sprite template?  Like, if I wanted to create sprites of a character that hasn't been made, is there some sort of basic body shape I could use, just put the clothes and such on top of?  I would really like to not have to make it entirely from scratch, with no tablet.

Offline REAL DAKANYA TALK

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite Template?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:17:52 PM »
MSPaint.
NERINA IS A MURDERER

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 02:06:44 AM »
I dont know if this is the proper section to put this, but I am new here so bear with me.

What I want to know is, is there any sort of fighter sprite template?  Like, if I wanted to create sprites of a character that hasn't been made, is there some sort of basic body shape I could use, just put the clothes and such on top of?  I would really like to not have to make it entirely from scratch, with no tablet.
A simple standing template yes. Whole animations as template stuff no. You have to make it yourself you know. If you don't know how to pixel a body, then just don't try to modify it, it will look crap.

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »
MSPaint.
.... are you trying to be stupid?

I said TEMPLATE

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »

A simple standing template yes. Whole animations as template stuff no. You have to make it yourself you know. If you don't know how to pixel a body, then just don't try to modify it, it will look crap.
Damn, oh well, was worth a shot.

I wonder how they made all the sprites for Melty Blood, cuz each character just has so much fluid animation.  I wonder if they hand animate it first, and scan them in to redraw them as sprites or something.  I suppose that is something I could try, its just a lot of work (but then, sprite making itself is a lot of work too)  Animation is such a thankless business, aint it?

Offline REAL DAKANYA TALK

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
MSPaint.

I said TEMPLATE

What you asked for was incredibly stupid, so I'd shut the fuck up if I were you.
NERINA IS A MURDERER

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »
Well, if you mean all the sprites of a character non-animated, they do exist, only you have to animate them yourself afterwards.
I remember once seeing all of Ciel's sprites in a collection, I'll try and find it.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »
MSPaint.

I said TEMPLATE

What you asked for was incredibly stupid, so I'd shut the fuck up if I were you.

Well, considering your response ("MSPaint") you obviously didnt even read what I said.
I was asking for some sort of body template for a basic fighter character.  How is that a stupid request?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:12:04 PM by Keiichi »

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
Well, if you mean all the sprites of a character non-animated, they do exist, only you have to animate them yourself afterwards.
I remember once seeing all of Ciel's sprites in a collection, I'll try and find it.
What I was hoping for was something I could use to create a full sprite sheet for my own characters.  Creating a 3D character would probably be easier, but I seriously hate rigging.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
Honestly you're better off plotting them on Paint or whatever from scratch with pixels, because templates don't exist.

The closest thing I've seen to a template is the one included with Little Fighter 2 to help the players to make their own characters to plug into the game.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Keiichi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
Honestly you're better off plotting them on Paint or whatever from scratch with pixels, because templates don't exist.

The closest thing I've seen to a template is the one included with Little Fighter 2 to help the players to make their own characters to plug into the game.
Yeah, but it was worth a shot, I suppose.  I will just have to do it the hard way.  Thanks anyway