hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The MB:AA:CC:PC thread: v.1.4 out  (Read 286057 times)

Offline reikinou

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The MB:AA:CC:PC thread: at least the netplay will be good
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
melty heaven =  boss rush mode in your basement
I prefer playing fighters against people.
Console fags can keep grinding the CPU though :mystery:
Son you may play CPU everyday on consoles. But, real men play training mode and online.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/1256763403009.jpg/sr=1
Replace giovanni with console users.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
lmfao roy
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline T3U

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2011, 12:33:24 AM »
Thread needs significantly more trolling.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »
Vince=Carnival Phantasm
MB=Slap Chop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA&feature=BFa&list=FLuPflDk4nu1Y&index=57
You're gonna love his nuts.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:49:54 AM by fiendmaw »
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Dusk Thanatos

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2011, 01:04:17 AM »
I heard the word "port" and I was like

then I heard the details and I was like

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:29:32 AM by Dusk Thanatos »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 02:55:10 AM »
Thread needs significantly more dos.
I agree.

you younguns don't remember the day of spending 30 hours mucking with DOS IPX drivers so you could play Descent on Kali over dialup

good fucking times, man

I think I still have my boot disks for xwing and privateer somewhere.

Offline c001357

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
i dunno about omaetachi but im PUMPED for carnival phantasm

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2011, 05:07:13 AM »
I hope people won't forget to stop mashing A so we can save our replays.  :laffo:
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Butters

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Hype dog is hype
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
Will the tournaments for this game be as successful as the ones for IAMP and Akatsuki Blitzkampf? Do I DARE to dream so big?

I will dare: This game will fill an entire hallway. Evo, here we come.

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2011, 05:44:47 AM »
While it's great news for me,I really hope consoles get some love.
From what I understood it's really hard to grow the scene with a non-PS3/360 release,so hopefully down the line you guys can get a nice port you can properly support and expand.
Remember Type-Moon is still the bigboss,while the game has come very far in terms of competitive prospects,you cannot deny its origin as a marketing tool.Also they cant just release MB next gen without proper netplay(unlike PC)so it's going to take a while just from that side of things.
^^ This

I'm hype for the port, but I find PC to be much more of a hassle to play on. We'll just have to wait for more details...  :nyoro:
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:39 AM »
I'm just happy the APW thread isn't being bumped. =)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2011, 06:48:25 AM »
Only in PC = Good for online and casual scene, bad for offline and competitive scene
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
I'm hype for home port, but I'm also going to be realistic. Running tournaments for this game WILL be a pain in the ass with as far as worrying about random screen savers, control figuration, and random setups lagging (which shouldn't be a problem as long as the port isn't too demanding to run). This also includes converters, but that shouldn't as big of a problem as it was back in 2007 since converters are more widespread on top of players using PS3 sticks that are directly plug and play into the PC. This also means that we'll never see MB at EVO again, but with the direction EVO's been going that was going to be the case even if MBAACC was on PS3.

I don't particularly mind we're basically running back 2007 all over again TBH. I'll gladly take that over where we at now...not playing the damn game due to us being 2 versions behind and using games like AH3, BB, AE, MvC3, and MK as hold over games while we wait with our thumbs in our asses waiting for a up-to-date port of MB we can actually play. People who *really* want to play MBAACC that badly will get their hands on it one way or another and despite all the bitching about it being on PC I can assure you that tournaments will be ran for this game at locals and majors. Well, that is, until the next version of MB after that comes out that we won't be able to play...then the cycle that has been repeating itself for 4 years will STILL continue.

And IMHO even it was confirmed for a PS3 / 360 release we'd be in the same boat AH3 was in when the JP version first dropped unless it was confirmed they're also doing a western port. More than half our potential player base won't be able to play because the 360 version will be region locked. Some people not willing to spend $90 on a niche import. A bunch of people spitting out "well I'd love to play MBAACC 1.07 on next gen buuuuuuuuut....I don't own a JP or modded 360". That's not far off from constantly hearing "oh well I don't own a JP or modded PS2". At the very least with it being on PC, even if you're not up to buying the anime (game) itself you can obtain the game by other "questionable" means. Outside of it being more of a hassle to run tournaments on...I can't see any reason not to be somewhat hype. At least now we actually have a fucking port we can discuss as opposed to theory fighting YT videos and pretending we can play this game some point in our lives.

tl;dr - be happy with what you got because we could STILL be discussing how we WISH we could be playing MBAACC in our lifetime.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
ecolemanabe tweeted this earlier:

タイプムーンさんからメルブラPC版について発表がありましたね。ネット対戦は標準でつけられませんでしたが、アップデートで対応します。期待しておいてください。詳細はそのうちに発表しま
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2011, 07:52:42 AM »
Good job laying out how it is Brandon, too bad everyone is gonna fucking ignore what you wrote.
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
We're all moderately hype for it but this is one step forward and two or three steps back.

It was passable in 2007 but in 2011 it can be an entirely new set of headaches to worry about.

How do we stream matches of this game now?

Will it run acceptably on older laptops / PC's?

I'm just not looking forward to it as much as I should be, and I think that's a shame.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »
:blah:
I'd honestly prefer a PC port over a next-gen port, as you stated. PS3 / 360 ports are often region locked.

タイプムーンさんからメルブラPC版について発表がありましたね。ネット対戦は標準でつけられませんでしたが、アップデートで対応します。期待しておいてください。詳細はそのうちに発表しま
Ghetto translation : Expect details soon.
We can only hope it'll have details about a standalone release.

I HAVE A NEW GAME TO WASTE TIME ON WIKIFYING
lol

I'm just not looking forward to it as much as I should be, and I think that's a shame.
Streaming software?

Real shame.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »
We're all moderately hype for it but this is one step forward and two or three steps back.

It was passable in 2007 but in 2011 it can be an entirely new set of headaches to worry about.

we get it, already. are we just going to have arguments about this for months? AGAIN? because i've been hearing this shit since 2008.

by this point everyone knows that the guys who want an offline scene don't want PC, and the guys who just want to play are like "oh cool PC", and the two will be arguing from now until the end of time because apparently people can't just accept whatever happens to be available to them.

look. while i am a hacker and fully understand wanting to do things on the platform of your choice regardless of the original developer's intention... but sometimes it doesn't fucking matter what you do or do not want. it's up to french bread and ecole. you want to be disappointed about it, fine, but there's no need to sit around and post a dozen times about how "oh goddammit it didn't go our way." go do something about it if you want that.

"So, Type Moon announced Melty PC. Netplay isn't in it, but we'll be making an update. Please look forward to it. We'll give the details eventually."

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »

I'm not an expert on the matter,but isnt streaming games on PC infinitely easier than on console?I remember wanting to stream something,I went to justin.tv,in 5 minutes I was streaming.It wasnt good,but for 5 minutes it did the job.  :P
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »
Mauve, thanks. My ghetto translation skills are terrible. And yes, we're going to have arguments about it for months.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2011, 09:18:33 AM »

While I do agree that we're bringing back old headaches and new ones, isn't the MB community known for working around said problems?

Streaming matches - IMHO, worst case scenario is we'll be going back to saving all of our replays and putting them back on youtube. Mind me for being a huge streaming scrub, but what would make it harder to stream PC footage as opposed streaming from a console?

MBAACC running on older laptops / PCs - Until we find out whether or not this game will require the same specs as Ougon or KOF XIII we just have to wait and see on this one.

I won't lie. As much as I'd love for a *Western* port for MBAACC, we're stuck with the PC version for now so we'll have to make due with it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:20:46 AM by Brandino »

Offline MrMotivational

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • life aint serious, nobody gets out alive anyhow
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
YUUROP WILL RISE ONCE MORE
this is a signature

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »

I'm not an expert on the matter,but isnt streaming games on PC infinitely easier than on console?

In fighting games, NO! Because if you just stream in-game matches in the PC used for that match, it'll affect the gameplay, lowering framerate and lag inputs. Worse is for stream with editing (change the in-game view to player cam, etc.).
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
Why isn't this shit locked yet?

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »
Is it even possible to get netplay on dos?
you younguns don't remember the day of spending 30 hours mucking with DOS IPX drivers so you could play Descent on Kali over dialup

good fucking times, man

Good fucking times.

Also, basically what Brandino said is true.  Also, if you have any concerns, when the power went out at Mikado - they booted up v1.05 in Windows XP.  So I think your good on PC requirements.  Furthermore, computers are more powerful now but Melty is mostly the same (as far as technological requirements).  It should be even easier to run the game off PC's with streams, especially since we mostly know what we're doing when we get ourselves in for a tourney.  USB Polling rates, screensavers over, sleep mode off, whatever.  Easy.  I will personally pack up and bring my computer to events to play.  It's about the same amount of effort it takes to lug a TV and set up a stream from the TV as it does to set a bunch of options and carry my PC to tournaments. 

Why don't you guys think of this from a company position too?  MBAA has been hacked (but thankfully, not leaked, and if it has it's not widespread).  So, the company has to face a potential failure in that department.  It's hosted by two companies (Ecole and TypeMoon) and they don't have the resources for a PS3 release.  People want netplay, though, it's the only way a fighter survives these days (in terms of money, not the competitive scene).  How to kill like 15 birds with one stone?  PC release.  It's cheap, easier, and bundling it with Carnival Phantasm is a fucking GLORIOUS idea.  That way they can expose more people to it (from whoever buys Carnival Phantasm will also buy Melty, and then try it) and if the arcade gets leaked people still have a reason to own it, if they buy Carnival Phantasm they will have it.  This avoids potential failure, exposes more people, and leaves future development options open.

Honestly, arcades get all priority in Japan as far as the scene is concerned, and yet you got a way to get an update.  Sure, it's not the ideal PS3 console release.  Sure, it's not like Melty will ever be Tekken/Super Street Fighter level of popularity game.  Sure, it won't be in EVO again because it's run on computer, but you got it.  The only differences between us and an actual arcade is we only have to lug our computers for a weekend and back.  Is it a bitch?  Yes.  But this scene is strong enough and has a dedicated enough hardcore base to actually handle that. 

If you believe this sort of good blessing is somehow a bad thing (not to mention for a game I KNOW half of you won't even pay for), your nutshit crazy.  Mauve even came out and said he'd work on the netplay already.  TypeMoon made a business decision that wasn't heartless to the foreign market, but still within all the circumstances and capabilities. 

We're a hardcore dedicated scene for a reason.  It's because we have people dedicated enough to bring out their PCs and setup the tournaments.  And like Brandino said, we know the drills and now people won't have to bitch about modding to try the game.  What part of this is bad exactly?  Just because having a tournament is a little bit more of a chore? 

You're all so lucky.  Quit your bitching. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:59:03 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.