hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code 1.07  (Read 278977 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Re: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2010, 01:53:58 AM »
Overpower

Isn't it Overload?

Yes, sorry, I mistyped that.

And as far as canon stuff in a fighting game goes, whenever Shiki is close to the enemy it's instant win due to his MEoDP. I'm sure canonically he doesn't need 300% of his Magic Circuit to cut anyone into 17 pieces.

If we went canonically, aside from the maids and Miyako, I would say Akiha would be the most in danger. Aside from Shiki, Ciel, Ryougi and Arc, Chaos would be unbeatable. God Form Ryougi would be god tier followed by Archetype Earth.

What are you talking about? 300% Magic Circuit is totally canon...when he just uses AD, he only cuts one line like he does in the VN against everyone but Arc. AAD or LA is reserved for the big players...300% Magic Circuit is serious business.

Still, aside from Aoko, the brief mention of Touko, Ryougi, and (possibly) Zelretch, there's still not much crossing over. They're definitely exceptions, not the rule.

Ahnenerbe, the cafe that Ryougi frequents is in the same town she lives in, thus why Azaka and Fujino are seen there after school in their uniforms. Ahnenerbe is also the cafe that Shiki takes Seo to in KT and it is also the cafe the girls have their meeting at in Plus+Period. There is mention that Shiki (Tohno) is not allowed typically to go there (4th wall) because of the possibility that he would run into Ryougi.

There is also the rule stating that only one set of MEoDP can exist at any given time. This is another point that people bring up to support KnK and Tsuki being different universes. However, Ryougi's eyes are not MEoDP but rather MEoO which far outclasses Shiki Tohno's eyes. They are of completely different class ratings as well on the magical spectrum.

It'd be kinda scary, if they did. How would Azaka know which person was the right one to be incestually smitten with? Then again, how would Akiha? And if they somehow got mixed up, would either of them speak up when their respective "sisters" cried out "Nii-san!!!"

While similar in appearance, I'm sure they would be able to tell the difference among one another. Everyone has a twin, or so the saying goes...but family can still tell the difference due to voice, mannerisms, etc etc. I don't think there would be an issue.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
Stop shitting up this thread with type-moon power level wars.

I really don't like checking to see if there's some new info and finding Dark_Pulse starting a pointless argument IN THE WRONG THREAD, and Shin feeding.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2010, 03:32:53 AM »
Re: Arihiko: Yeah, as much as I love them, Hisui and Kohaku should not be able to keep up with any of the cast, and yet they do. Thus, if they, who have shown no supernatural talent besides sexual healing, Arihiko, who could pick up the Seventh Holy Scripture and form a blood bond with Nanako, could easily be playable with enough of a want from the fanbase. :P

I'll stop talking to prevent shititng up this thread anymore, now.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:41 AM »
None of you besides me mentioned Altrouge Brunestud, or even commented on her. Son, I am disappoint.
She shouldn't appear in anything until she's officially revealed in Tsukihime 2.

I was joking about the Forest of Einnashe, RE: everyone telling me how terrible it would be.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obviously a joke too.  =\  Internets.

Anyway, I dunno why any of this shit is getting to this levels of ridiculous.  I ask you two, Dark Pulse and ShinMasaki, to take it over to the lore thread or just let it die.  Don't make me have to delete posts because shit is getting off track.  This isn't some thread in Sacchin's Toast, so don't post about stuff that's irrelevant to Current Code.  (protip: new character discussion is irrelevant, since there's no new characters)  
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2010, 04:20:55 AM »
I ask you two, Dark Pulse and ShinMasaki, to take it over to the lore thread or just let it die.  Don't make me have to delete posts because shit is getting off track.  This isn't some thread in Sacchin's Toast, so don't post about stuff that's irrelevant to Current Code.  (protip: new character discussion is irrelevant, since there's no new characters)  

Apologies. I was asked to come into the thread here and correct what was wrong with everything that was being talked about lately, and so I did so.

In other news, does anyone know if Ryougi's LA OHKO is still in? I want to try to bullshit some wins with those shenanigans. It would be beautiful to see that happen in a tournament video. Also...any news on where Ryougi sits in tiers?

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:41 AM »
In other news, does anyone know if Ryougi's LA OHKO is still in? I want to try to bullshit some wins with those shenanigans. It would be beautiful to see that happen in a tournament video. Also...any news on where Ryougi sits in tiers?

I haven't found any info whether or not anyone tested the LA bug, but I'd put odds on it being removed.  As far as tier listings go, we've been discussing here and there but we won't really know what the Japanese think until the game drops on July 29th.  

Chelsea did say she seemed really strong and even played her once, iirc  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:41:01 AM by LoliSauce »
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »
She shouldn't appear in anything until she's officially revealed in Tsukihime 2.
Yeah, and who knows if and when we'll ever see that... hell, it's only been a decade and we're finally getting a Sacchin route in the remake.

Maybe.

*Stops the lore stuff as per request.*
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
Ahnenerbe is also the cafe that Shiki takes Seo to in KT
Wait, wasn't that Fake Killer? Or did I totally get it wrong? I'm not sure. :psyduck:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 26, 2010, 01:45:48 AM »
Wait, wasn't that Fake Killer? Or did I totally get it wrong? I'm not sure. :psyduck:
Move this talk to lore thread please.

As far as US tiers go, it's pretty unanimous that H Ryougi is A tier, probably high A.  C and F are lower, for sure, but I'm not sure where.  Japanese tiers for console updates should probably surface around SBO.

Also, the more I see the filtered appearance, the more I dislike it.  =\  Btw, who was saying they were going to purchase Current Code?  Is it really necessary, since as far as we know it's just a shinier version of the ps2 release?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:49:26 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 26, 2010, 02:01:57 AM »
Move this talk to lore thread please.

As far as US tiers go, it's pretty unanimous that H Ryougi is A tier, probably high A.  C and F are lower, for sure, but I'm not sure where.  Japanese tiers for console updates should probably surface around SBO.

Also, the more I see the filtered appearance, the more I dislike it.  =\  Btw, who was saying they were going to purchase Current Code?  Is it really necessary, since as far as we know it's just a shinier version of the ps2 release?

Japanese tiers differ from US tiers though. I'm interested in how she ranks by the time of SBO. We have the massive advantage on Ryougi since we are limited solely to the PS2 release whereas the majority of Japanese Melty players are strictly arcade, so our tiers may vary.

Also, shiny is good.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 26, 2010, 02:23:24 AM »
Japanese tiers differ from US tiers though. I'm interested in how she ranks by the time of SBO. We have the massive advantage on Ryougi since we are limited solely to the PS2 release whereas the majority of Japanese Melty players are strictly arcade, so our tiers may vary.

Also, shiny is good.
I think the biggest differences in tiers between US and JP are due to the differences between ver.A arcade and ver.B ps2.  Otherwise it's pretty clear cut who is top tier, who is near top, and who is ass.
---

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:33 AM »
I predict F-Ciel domination in CC.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2010, 02:39:11 AM »
Nah.  C Ciel is better than F.
---

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »
I agree but I don't think it's by a large margin. F-Ciel is good enough this time around that I wouldn't be surprised if more jp Full Moon only ciel players popped up. :xfingers:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 26, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
Arcade version is definitely not going to be pointless because I'm sure most Japanese players are like the people in Austin. Everyone that plays Melty has never really played the console port but play it exclusively at the arcade. When you have an arcade around you for a community meetup like they do in Japan, it just seems silly to meet at someone's place to play something when everyone hangs out at the arcade already. It's the same reason that while everyone can play SSF4 at home, tons of people still go to UFO to play it where the machines are set up so you have to pay for time on the console version. Without SSF4, most Japanese players would never even have seen the console characters in SF4, and likewise without MBAACC most Japanese players would never see Ryougi. When there's an arcade presence, the will to play console versions of games just isn't there, even when the console versions have more features and end up costing less money.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
Arcade version is definitely not going to be pointless because I'm sure most Japanese players are like the people in Austin. Everyone that plays Melty has never really played the console port but play it exclusively at the arcade. When you have an arcade around you for a community meetup like they do in Japan, it just seems silly to meet at someone's place to play something when everyone hangs out at the arcade already. It's the same reason that while everyone can play SSF4 at home, tons of people still go to UFO to play it where the machines are set up so you have to pay for time on the console version. Without SSF4, most Japanese players would never even have seen the console characters in SF4, and likewise without MBAACC most Japanese players would never see Ryougi. When there's an arcade presence, the will to play console versions of games just isn't there, even when the console versions have more features and end up costing less money.
Ah, I agree fully with that.  I just meant as a normal US player, why bother shelling out 2k+ for an arcade board when you can play the console version for muuuuch cheaper and still get basically the same content.
---

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
Well, this is it, videos are starting to surface!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »
Links or it didn't happen. You know the drill...
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »
Daruism vids are obviously not worth it yet but I'll update the main page to reflect it once we get more stuff in.

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2010, 02:00:47 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11563463

GET SOME!!!

Congrats to daruism for winning the internet today.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »
Looks nice
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Hellmonkey

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »
can't wait for this game!

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »
I love the effect when someone goes into heat and the timer stops -> time stops.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51:42 PM »
I love the effect when someone goes into heat and the timer stops -> time stops.
It'd be more awesome if the stage animations stopped too.
---

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2010, 12:58:16 AM »
Useless observations:

There's a beep sound when someone gets into Heat or reaches Max.

Late in the video, C-Len airthrows H-Roa just as Roa jumps. There's a yellow swirl effect, an effect that does not appear in airthrows in combos.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.