When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code 1.07  (Read 279005 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
Re: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:22 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11936131

At 22:09, Kouma's 5A trades with Nero jB. Both get CH'd and Kouma recovers quick enough to followup with a combo.

I don't think the problem's solved one bit.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline GameKyuubi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2010, 06:44:34 AM »
Also Bell found a video today that had an instance of A armor.  It was a CC video.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »
vid pls  :-\

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »
vid pls  :-\
I'll see if bell is on and find it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqJQu61uu7A#t=5m35s

It's being debated whether or not is really is A armor, since Warc's life did not noticably go down, yet she definitely flashed when it looks like the A hits her.

Nevermind, false alarm.  Here's the screenshot of the moment of impact, it seems that the hitspark is just fucking huge and makes it look like she flashed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:13:31 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 31, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
Based on some stuff people said in this thread, it's safe to assume that A armour is gone. Whether it's been replaced by a mechanic where the A user receives massive stun upon trading is yet to be confirmed.

But the vid I linked clearly showed that you can still combo after trading a ground 5a with an air attack, just like in MBAC, so apparently it's reverted back to MBAC days.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 13, 2010, 02:14:35 AM »
Quote from: French Bread Blog
メルブラ関係は、いろいろご期待頂きありがとうございます。PC版もPS3版も出すこと自体は技術的にはどうにかなると思うのですが、政治的なハードルが高そうで;; 最低限ネット対戦機能が必要でしょうしね。この辺は、TYPE-MOONさんの方とも、あちらさんが一段落ついたら、いろいろ相談をしてみようと思いますので、ご期待下さい。

From my [lack of] understanding of moonspeak, I gather they're talking about a PC/PS3 Melty Blood with netplay, and some kind of political hurdles related to TYPE-MOON.

Anyone wanna clear this up for me/us? :slowpoke:

[inb4 it's a hypothetical situation they're referring to.]
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2010, 04:08:57 AM »
They will talk with Type-Moon about the possible port of MBAACC.

PS3 is fine too.
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:14 AM »

From my [lack of] understanding of moonspeak, I gather they're talking about a PC/PS3 Melty Blood with netplay, and some kind of political hurdles related to TYPE-MOON.

And so it beginnnnnnnnnnnnnns...
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »
Quote from: French Bread Blog
メルブラ関係は、いろいろご期待頂きありがとうございます。PC版もPS3版も出すこと自体は技術的にはどうにかなると思うのですが、政治的なハードルが高そうで;; 最低限ネット対戦機能が必要でしょうしね。この辺は、TYPE-MOONさんの方とも、あちらさんが一段落ついたら、いろいろ相談をしてみようと思いますので、ご期待下さい。

Asked a friend of mine who's fairly well versed in Japanese -

He gave me this.

"Technically, we could do a PC/PS3 version, but the political hurdle (?) is high.  At the very least, we'd need some way to introduce netplay.  We plan on talking it out with [TYPE-MOON and 'those guys'] in the future".
Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #385 on: September 13, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »
i hope for both PS3 and PC
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 13, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
"Political hurdle"? Is that more like, "we didn't even ask anyway"?

Offline Prototype909

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
Political Hurdle sounds like more or less like

"Yeah, we could hypothetically do this but the higher ups are iffy because they don't know if they'll get a profit out of it" - Basically what I think is being said here.

Not like we'd see a stateside release even if it did happen (Incredibly unlikely, I mean we've gotten what over here? F/UC on the PSP?), but importing exists for that reason.

So...is F-Tohno still the best Nanaya?

Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber.

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
Good to hear they are at least thinking about porting it.
PS3 or PC, either way is fine by me.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »
Where is the sense in importing a game that features netplay - for Japan?

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 13, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »
Cool at least it gives hopes up for a maybe stateside release. If it gets released for both, it'll satisfy those PC netplayers and make it easier for people to get access to the game if they only have current gen sticks + console even if it isn't released to US.

(lets dog atlus :|)
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Prototype909

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
Where is the sense in importing a game that features netplay - for Japan?

The Japanese copy of Blazblue Continuum Shift's netplay can be used to play with Americans who also have the game. As can many other netplay titles.
Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 14, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »
They can basically take CC,slap it on a dvd,and it'll work on a PC,but yeah,the higher-ups are stopping this,obviously for financial reasons.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:46:57 AM by fiendmaw »
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:35 AM »
They can basically take CC,slap it on a dvd,and it'll work on a PC,but yeah,the higher-ups are stopping this,obviously for financial reasons.

I'd like to ask - for what financial reasons? They stand to make huge profit off of a PC port, and, if the PC port goes over well, good profit on a PS3 port because it's REALLY EASY to make a PC title and make money off of it. For the very reason that all they'd have to do is slap it on a DVD with some pretty cover art - they wouldn't have to really change the gameplay or the game itself one bit.

Whether it gets "ported" or not, much like when BBCS came out for arcades, I'm sure people will find ways to emulate MBAACC on their computers. I just will never understand why they won't port it at minimal financial risk for themselves, with the chance to do very well financially off of it, considering that the majority of the people who started out with MB played it on their computers (or in arcades, but they obviously have that part covered).

Offline sevalle

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
well, financial reasons such as loss of profit on the arcade sales. there will definitely be a drop in arcade sales if current code was ported to pc or console with netplay, unless they release an even newer version in the arcade after the pc/console port (netplayer mindset -> why pay to play in the arcade when i can play all i want for free at home), which won't be likely with all the talk about current code being the last installment of mb.

also, the initial profit off a pc port will definitely be offset by the inevitable loss of profit in arcade sales since people will start pirating the pc port soon enough (like duh), causing sales of the pc port to die. its not minimal financial risk imho, its more like maximum financial risk since pc/console with netplay port = probable death of arcade release. if pc/console sales don't go well then gg to them. little wonder why arcsys is already announcing bbcs2, on arcade lol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:40:47 AM by sevalle »

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2010, 12:39:17 PM »
Ignoring the fact that every change in BBCS2 will be in the balance patch of BBCS (lol fact checking), your logic is flawed - people ALWAYS prefer local gameplay. I hated netplaying MBAC (mostly because I lived far away), and if there had been an arcade I would've gone and played in a heartbeat. I think a lot of people probably feel similarly - I mean hell, there are people that play BBCS on arcade cabinets just because they prefer it, even though the game is out for a system and such. It's just easier - you don't have to have a good setup, you don't have to have a place to host, you don't have to bring your own stick, you just show up and play. It's also fun - it's a gathering, you're playing.

The thing is, they can't prevent a "PC Port" anyways, with the ability to just emulate the arcade console on the PC, but if they released a PC port, instead of just losing money on it, they'd make money on the fact that people want to play on their PCs. Additionally, you have to look at it from the point of view of people in Japan - they play a lot of arcade games there, and I don't think having a PC release will kill their arcade profits. Then take this into account - if they release a PC port, it doesn't have to be localized for American users - which costs them less money for a larger consumer group. I can see absolutely no downside to releasing a PC port of this game, because a Japanese player is still going to go to the arcades (as evidenced by the amount of BBCS played in arcades there, even with a console version with MORE features than the current arcade), and American players won't have arcade cabinets near them anyways - so if you get them buying the PC version, you've increased the amount of money you're making for minimal work, AND you've brought the game to another country which is currently lacking in MB.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »
Ignoring the fact that every change in BBCS2 will be in the balance patch of BBCS (lol fact checking), your logic is flawed - people ALWAYS prefer local gameplay. I hated netplaying MBAC (mostly because I lived far away), and if there had been an arcade I would've gone and played in a heartbeat. I think a lot of people probably feel similarly - I mean hell, there are people that play BBCS on arcade cabinets just because they prefer it, even though the game is out for a system and such. It's just easier - you don't have to have a good setup, you don't have to have a place to host, you don't have to bring your own stick, you just show up and play. It's also fun - it's a gathering, you're playing.

The thing is, they can't prevent a "PC Port" anyways, with the ability to just emulate the arcade console on the PC, but if they released a PC port, instead of just losing money on it, they'd make money on the fact that people want to play on their PCs. Additionally, you have to look at it from the point of view of people in Japan - they play a lot of arcade games there, and I don't think having a PC release will kill their arcade profits. Then take this into account - if they release a PC port, it doesn't have to be localized for American users - which costs them less money for a larger consumer group. I can see absolutely no downside to releasing a PC port of this game, because a Japanese player is still going to go to the arcades (as evidenced by the amount of BBCS played in arcades there, even with a console version with MORE features than the current arcade), and American players won't have arcade cabinets near them anyways - so if you get them buying the PC version, you've increased the amount of money you're making for minimal work, AND you've brought the game to another country which is currently lacking in MB.
You seem to forget that US melty is poverty and even for console 90% of the community has pirated the game.  It's no wonder that we don't get any localization when they don't get shit for sales from us.  

As for the risk vs reward on the side of a pc/ps3 port, first off they have to make netplay (aka: pay for it to be made) as well as various post production costs (packaging/shipping/marketing/etc) and no doubt there will be some tweaking to the game in the process (there always is with a new release), so there is still significant cost on their side.  It's not just free profits or some shit.  

The risk can be mainly broken down into two parts.  First, pc release is going to be pirated almost immediately and they won't make too much in profits unless there's a real reason to buy it legit.  The easiest route for this is through the netplay, but ps3 has free online anyway so it'd be dumb to have to sign up for pc netplay.  Second, Japanese players seem to prefer playing in an arcade vs console/pc.  Look at how much JP played ps2 melty, after all (practically didn't).  As a matter of fact, they might not want to port mainly because their ps2 port sold poorly.  How the previous port sold is a HUGE factor in whether or not to port again.

Anyway, there's a lot more that they have to worry about than you might think.  Porting isn't just some low risk, high reward trip to mad profits.  For now, we can only keep our hopes up that they do stick with the port (for both pc and ps3) and that it does actually have good netplay.  It may be the only thing that can truly save melty from dying out in the near future.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:33:38 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Espard

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
Did the PS2 version of MBAC get lots of profit compared to MBAA?  I understand their reasons for not wanting to port this early or porting at all, from all of your explanations, but if the profit from the PC version of MBAC was high wouldn't that also be reason to port to PC?  Instead they opted to port to the PS2 first as they did previously, where it didn't do as well this time around(?) but then again it would only hit Japan mainly, and the arcade version continued to be played (of course they added an update to get more people to come back).  

Also, I'm not surprised they're putting it off so much as a year or 2 for the arcade scene to die (if it ever does), then porting would bring in bigger profits, as people might come back to the game or get the PC version, as we saw with MBAC it took 2 years to port from arcade to PC with the in between year the PS2 version released, all this with a updated game version.  Since MBAACC can count as an update, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off the PC/PS3 port for another year or a so and patch the game once more.  With arcade upgrades don't they get profit from the upgrade disks? PC on the other hand, they'd have to release an update, which I doubt they would retail vs put up on their site like they did with Ver 1.03A of MBAC.

Also, wasn't the origin of Melty Blood a PC game?  I don't see reason why they won't go back to their roots eventually... I hope
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:48:43 PM by Trando »

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 17, 2010, 03:20:02 AM »
But-but I dont want a new version,the might nerf Nanaya again,even though he's in such a good state.  :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »
Did the PS2 version of MBAC get lots of profit compared to MBAA?  I understand their reasons for not wanting to port this early or porting at all, from all of your explanations, but if the profit from the PC version of MBAC was high wouldn't that also be reason to port to PC?  Instead they opted to port to the PS2 first as they did previously, where it didn't do as well this time around(?) but then again it would only hit Japan mainly, and the arcade version continued to be played (of course they added an update to get more people to come back).  

Also, I'm not surprised they're putting it off so much as a year or 2 for the arcade scene to die (if it ever does), then porting would bring in bigger profits, as people might come back to the game or get the PC version, as we saw with MBAC it took 2 years to port from arcade to PC with the in between year the PS2 version released, all this with a updated game version.  Since MBAACC can count as an update, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off the PC/PS3 port for another year or a so and patch the game once more.  With arcade upgrades don't they get profit from the upgrade disks? PC on the other hand, they'd have to release an update, which I doubt they would retail vs put up on their site like they did with Ver 1.03A of MBAC.

Also, wasn't the origin of Melty Blood a PC game?  I don't see reason why they won't go back to their roots eventually... I hope
Ah, well I forgot to state that I don't have sales figures of any of the games, so I don't actually know if it sold well or poorly.  I just brought it up because it's a big potential factor to think about when porting in general, so it may play a part in the reasoning behind the higher ups being iffy on whether or not to port again.
---