When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code 1.07  (Read 279049 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Re: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:21 AM »
It can't be in 3d because there would be too many jokes any time someone low shields someone about them pressing 3d and it being in 3d. Noone realizes this applies to 2d too, right?

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
Noone realizes this applies to 2d too, right?
Few ever do.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2010, 07:12:49 AM »
It can't be in 3d because there would be too many jokes any time someone low shields someone about them pressing 3d and it being in 3d. Noone realizes this applies to 2d too, right?

Sounds pretty cool still.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »
3d? what? :emo:

why will you change a game which is fun just to turn it into a simple graphicwhore game like all others they're launching endlessy everyday for years now? this way of thinking was what almost killed fighters once, because no one likes 3d fighters but (very) casual players.

seriously, if you guys really like 3d that much go and play another game and leave MB for us who likes fighters in its true and best form: 2d. you can always play wii and download the last-gen mmo's and quit it when they launch a newer anyway, cant you?
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

why will you change a game which is fun just to turn it into a simple graphicwhore game like all others they're launching endlessy everyday for years now? this way of thinking was what almost killed fighters once, because no one likes 3d fighters but (very) casual players.

seriously, if you guys really like 3d that much go and play another game and leave MB for us who likes fighters in its true and best form: 2d. you can always play wii and download the last-gen mmo's and quit it when they launch a newer anyway, cant you?
Your displeasure is noted.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »

Tekken 6 is the most popular fighting game in the world and the Japanese Tekken community is much bigger than the community for any other fighting game.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure Street Fighter would have a far larger community than Tekken, which is comparatively new.

Of course I'm basing my argument on SF having been around for over three decades, not actual statistics (which I would love to see if they exist)

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »
Tekken 6 is the most popular in Asia.  Not so much in North America.  Ironically, despite it's old fanbase (myself included, I was an old school TTT tourney goer) the turnouts it gets at majors is comparable to BlazBlue.  It's not much, but you won't find a more dedicated (and all around cool) community.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »
I've still yet to play Tekken 6. Haven't really played one since TTT. The community is really separated for Tekken. That and most people are a part of team NAH :V
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »

Meh, if the game in 3d is good. Then I play, pure and simple...
It would be a the Wii and, so long as the game is good, I wouldn't really give a damn.
If you like fighting games.... so long as it's technically sound and (relatively) bug free, that should be enough.

Tekken 6 is the most popular fighting game in the world and the Japanese Tekken community is much bigger than the community for any other fighting game.

I would not go that far, but it does have some reach.  But to be honest, I would be under the thinking that the KoF series has a bigger community in Asia than Tekken, and all of that is in the shadow that is Street Fighter.
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
Hmm.. we are thinking in different concepts. Your concept is the probably right one. I'll explain.

If its something like tekken then its ok, because tekken conserves the 2d logic: you cant go running anywhere you want, only forward and backward. In fact all you can do is change the 2d line, that's not the problem. Yeah, you can say tekken is 3d, but the 3d I had in mind is something like those games you can move freely anywhere.

Anyway I doubt thats gonna happen, if they are taking this long to launch a definitive version for MBAA because of the moon system which tripled their work, a 3d version would take forever...
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2010, 01:58:01 PM »
I would not go that far, but it does have some reach.  But to be honest, I would be under the thinking that the KoF series has a bigger community in Asia than Tekken, and all of that is in the shadow that is Street Fighter.

I don't believe so.  Maybe if you consider Taiwan and Singapore, but if you look at the fighting game culture in Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, and Malaysia it's mostly dominated by Tekken players.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure Street Fighter would have a far larger community than Tekken, which is comparatively new.

Of course I'm basing my argument on SF having been around for over three decades, not actual statistics (which I would love to see if they exist)
......What.

• Tekken 1 - Released in arcades in 1994. Six games (Eight, if you count enhanced versions of T5 and T6) in the main series, plus two Tag Tournaments, 3 spinoffs (Death by Degrees, Card Challenge, Advance), and of course, the two Street Fighter x Tekken games. Total: 15 games in ~17 years once the two Street Fighter x Tekken games come out.
  • Street Fighter 1 - Released in arcades in 1987, so closer to 25 years than 30. Four games in the main series by "number", but six if you count in Alpha games (I, A2, A3, SSFII, SFIII, SSFIV) and 10 if you must count all major revisions. Lots of spinoffs. Total: 21 games in 24 years once the two Street Fighter x Tekken games come out.

Tekken is younger, yes, but "Comparatively new?" Melty and GG are both newer than these games, and pretty much anyone who's heard of a fighting game has played a Tekken at some point.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2010, 02:27:31 AM »
sf1
ww hf s st hdr
ng si 3s 3s2
4 s4
a a2 gold a3 upper(?)
ex ex2 ex3

Not sure if upper fits, but 19-20 officially released street fighter games, only 3 of which are minor revisions.  Not sure if the ex series got any revisions.

t1 t2
dr br

10 Tekken games.  Not sure on minor revisions.

Going by pure fighting games the score looks to be 10 to at worst 15, if you really don't want to count hdr.  Capcom has more street fighter crossovers though.

cvs cvs2
xvssf mvc mvc2 mvc3
cfe
sfxt
tvc

Each side should only count their sfxt/txsf, although whoever makes the third would get to include it, but that's a long ways off.  I'm probably missing several games.  I can't think of any tekken crossovers aside from txsf, but I think there was one that no one cared about that I can't recall right now.

I'm not sure how number of games released has anything to do with community size though.  The street fighter fan base was more spread out with people playing ST, 3s, Alpha, and CvS2, althogh most seem to have converged on 4 for the time being.  If any of the older tekken games still get a decent amount of play I'm not aware of it.

Tekken, Virtual Fighter, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Marvel versus series.  Anything else is either new or not mainstream enough to bring up in this topic.

Tekken is a 2d game with all of the stereotypes of 3d games.  VF as well to a lesser degree.

Yay for random discombobulated thoughts!

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2010, 08:48:20 AM »
That's why I said "Major" revisions for Street Fighter. I'm not counting World Warrior, Champion edition, etc. because those all got "updated" later and so they no longer "count." In II's case, the latest would be, depending on your views, Super Turbo, Hyper SFII, or HD Remix. And 3rd Strike 2? Someone will have to enlighten me on this... probably something dumb like "The home ports got rebalanced."

The EX games aren't part of the main line; Arika made those, not Capcom.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

I don't believe so.  Maybe if you consider Taiwan and Singapore, but if you look at the fighting game culture in Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, and Malaysia it's mostly dominated by Tekken players.
mainland china is also a kof nation, I found maybe 1 tekken machine for every 30 kof machines

that said they probably can't afford the latest tekken games while kof 98 or um costs like a nickle to procure

there is no "shadow that is street fighter" in china, no one fucking plays that game, lol
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
Zaelar: You forgot Champion Edition for Street Fighter, and also TTT for Tekken

I didn't include China because well...it's China.  Never been there, and hard to gauge what games they play.  Where did you go exactly, and could you tell me a little more about it?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »
This Current Code discussion is riveting. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 15, 2010, 08:45:16 AM »

I do, I did say asia.... I try to take the entire area into account. If I am wrong, do tell. But I am still going into that impression, till then.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 15, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »
This Current Code discussion is riveting. 

ftohno is kewl
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 15, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
The difference between two tekken games is about the same difference between some of the "minor revisions" of two street fighter games.  If you're just going by numbers then lets argue about the second in second impact and third in third strike being numbers.  Even going by raw numbers sf wins.  sf1234, a123 for 7 against the 6 numbered tekken games.
t1/t2 are the tag games in the list.  I did miss CE.  I also missed AE but it's inclusion is arguable.
3s got an actual minor revision that was released in arcades.  Noone played it.  It wasn't counted in the total along with a2 gold and a3 upper.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #446 on: October 15, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »
The difference between two tekken games is about the same difference between some of the "minor revisions" of two street fighter games.  If you're just going by numbers then lets argue about the second in second impact and third in third strike being numbers.  Even going by raw numbers sf wins.  sf1234, a123 for 7 against the 6 numbered tekken games.
t1/t2 are the tag games in the list.  I did miss CE.  I also missed AE but it's inclusion is arguable.
3s got an actual minor revision that was released in arcades.  Noone played it.  It wasn't counted in the total along with a2 gold and a3 upper.
Alpha 1 was pretty much "disowned" by Capcom in terms of canonocity to the story; Alpha 2 is considered to override it.

In order of timeline: SF1, A2, A3, SF2, SF3, SF4.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 15, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »
Street Fighter has a story?

Offline Pete278

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 翡翠ちゃんを愛しているよ~
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Punch
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
"Big bad guy is running a fighting tournament TO DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!!"

It's like you don't pay any attention.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2010, 02:06:33 AM »
Tekken 1: I'm holding a tournament to rule the world!
Tekken 2-4: I'm holding a tournament to rule the world again!
Tekken 5-6: I'm holding a tournament to rule the world again!  Also there are two Jins now for some reason.  Heihachi may or may not be dead.

SF1: Some tournament or something.  I guess Ryu won.
SFA: Bison wants Ryu's power, but Ryu messes bison up.
SF2: Bison tries again.
SF3: Gill tries to do something but someone stops him.
SF4: Gill changes his name to Seth, cuts his hair, and tries again.

I think 3 and 4 are actually reversed because 4's story is between 2 and 3 apparently.  I remember reading something about it but I didn't care enough to confirm if it's true or not.