When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code 1.07  (Read 279058 times)

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Re: The MB:AA:CC thread: Current Code
« Reply #575 on: June 14, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
Damn dude, when is this game going to sit still for a while?

Yeah cause this is getting ridiculous, I want my console port soon.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 14, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »
Where at?

Uh, Athena NPB in Osaka.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
I'm liking the updates. Seems they are testing/upgrading/gettingfeedback alot to final tune the game.

I hope after they finish all this (a final version of MBAA) they release for console and later on for PC like they did for MBR and MBAC..
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • DP > Whatever you're doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 16, 2011, 01:31:37 AM »
As long as these updates are free and mailed to us, I don't really have a problem, though.

I wouldn't start a RanBat until it's all updated, though, lol. (Maybe 1.07 will be the last one for awhile?)
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;
(818) 360-0419 BB:Carl; MB:Ciel; AH:Akane; GG:Baiken

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • I'm awake! I'm wide awake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2011, 07:06:49 AM »
Ok, I'm not 100% on this but theres something that happened today, and people are giving out signatures to keep Melty Blood going? I can see that GO1 and Highspeed and CL are posting up here, so clearly it must be important. Theres something about 1.06 here lol somebody more versed in the ways of rune-fu help me clarify whats going on
http://hydragp.info/groups/melty-blood-championship%E3%81%AE%E7%99%BB%E9%8C%B2%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B/forum/topic/%E7%BD%B2%E5%90%8D%E6%B4%BB%E5%8B%95mbaaccver1-05%E4%BB%A5%E9%99%8D%E3%81%AE%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/

Similar info on 1.06 on the main page as well under News
http://e56.info/mbaaring/

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
Ok, I'm not 100% on this but theres something that happened today, and people are giving out signatures to keep Melty Blood going? I can see that GO1 and Highspeed and CL are posting up here, so clearly it must be important. Theres something about 1.06 here lol somebody more versed in the ways of rune-fu help me clarify whats going on
http://hydragp.info/groups/melty-blood-championship%E3%81%AE%E7%99%BB%E9%8C%B2%E9%81%B8%E6%89%8B/forum/topic/%E7%BD%B2%E5%90%8D%E6%B4%BB%E5%8B%95mbaaccver1-05%E4%BB%A5%E9%99%8D%E3%81%AE%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/

Similar info on 1.06 on the main page as well under News
http://e56.info/mbaaring/

Where can we sign this?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »
You can sign if you sign into Hydra, just needs the user name, mail address, password, then on the right side is player name, the character you use, and where you're living... of course they don't see to have anything outside of japan except for korea so...yeah make something up. Then the space on the bottom is like a journal entry for I guess posting your status atm or something

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 27, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »
It's been said on IRC that this thread is to petition french bread to delay 1.07 and keep testing 1.05 before they come out with the new version. People think some of 1.05 is too broken and it needs more time to find more broken stuff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:49:22 AM by Pfhor »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 27, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »
I don't really think you guys should be participating in this discussion on HydraGP... at least not thoughtlessly or without a full understanding of what they are talking about ok

エコール・フランスパン側にしてほしい事は

———–

・現状、プレイヤーにお金を払って粗探しさせている自覚があるのなら、ver1.06の稼働を見直し、ver1.07の稼働が延期してもいいから、きちんとした調整をして欲しい。
(ver1.05が、まだ一ヶ月も稼働していないのに、全てのキャラ・スタイルの調整など出来るはずがない)

・ver1.07以降のバージョンを出さないでいいような調整にする事。

(その際に協力出来る事があればプレイヤーが協力します。テストプレイヤーが足りないのなら、GO1氏、ジェフリーマンソン氏などが全力で協力すると宣言してました)

(もしも案が通り、最終調整に当たるバージョンのロケテストをする場合、日本橋アテナでのロケテスト実施は可能であると、アテナの店長さんからも許可を頂きました)

———-

I didn't really read all of it since I should be doing something else right now but from what I skimmed, they basically they want the upcoming versions to be postponed for further testing before they go ahead and release them.

It is not really about 'keeping Melty Blood going' or what you may be assuming to be the life or death of Melty Blood.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:49:22 AM by dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2011, 10:51:18 AM »
Ahh ok I see, so thats what it all was about then. =/ More postponements eh...

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »
There has been a push recently for a 3-way international tournament (Korea, Japan, and the US).  CL and more than one top JP players really *really* want to see this happen.  Of course, we wouldn't want that to happen without a port first.  I believe due to Kamina's handywork (among others), we could get some domestic support in Japan and also from Korea if we wanted to see a port happen for the sake of keeping the game alive here.  As we've learned from Evo, I think Ecole is very hesitant (AKA completely unwilling) to support our arcade scene, but if we can convince them they will make money off a CC port it may become possible.  We may be able to utilize this push effectively to make a port happen.  I don't think we should sleep on it.  The community over in JP is very active right now with the new version releases, so we shouldn't overlook the activity.  We would definitely need to make a petition plan and get it onto the main page, along with support from multiple regions and players.  I'm sure people like Chibi/Arly, LK, CL, and Kusa would have no problem with this.  We would need someone more fluent (dakanaya, you would tremendously helpful, or Curbeh if he felt so inclined) to stress the importance of the port for the international scene (I'd be happy to do this, but we can make a new thread and edit it together.)    

If you guys really want to see the port happen, I think we should start moving already.  Businesses rarely move in the direction you want them to by themselves.  Basically, if we motivate the Japanese community to fight for our cause (in order for the possibility of a 3-way tournament to happen), and we show Ecole they can make money off it (which would be much easier on PS3), it becomes possible.  Take the hype and run with it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:25:27 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2011, 01:57:02 PM »
There has been a push recently for a 3-way international tournament (Korea, Japan, and the US).  CL and more than one top JP players really *really* want to see this happen.  Of course, we wouldn't want that to happen without a port first.  I believe due to Kamina's handywork (among others), we could get some domestic support in Japan and also from Korea if we wanted to see a port happen for the sake of keeping the game alive here.  As we've learned from Evo, I think Ecole is very hesitant (AKA completely unwilling) to support our arcade scene, but if we can convince them they will make money off a CC port it may become possible.  We may be able to utilize this push effectively to make a port happen.  I don't think we should sleep on it.  The community over in JP is very active right now with the new version releases, so we shouldn't overlook the activity.  We would definitely need to make a petition plan and get it onto the main page, along with support from multiple regions and players.  I'm sure people like Chibi/Arly, LK, CL, and Kusa would have no problem with this.  We would need someone more fluent (dakanaya, you would tremendously helpful, or Curbeh if he felt so inclined) to stress the importance of the port for the international scene (I'd be happy to do this, but we can make a new thread and edit it together.)    

If you guys really want to see the port happen, I think we should start moving already.  Businesses rarely move in the direction you want them to by themselves.  Basically, if we motivate the Japanese community to fight for our cause (in order for the possibility of a 3-way tournament to happen), and we show Ecole they can make money off it (which would be much easier on PS3), it becomes possible.  Take the hype and run with it.

A 3-way INTL tournament would be too sick.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #587 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
I have no problem chucking that up on the front page, get something established and I'm on it.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 27, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »
I think Curbeh would be more qualified than me but you can count me in
thundering waterfalls

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:07 AM »
Sorry to break the seriousness, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpWZlCsCAo&feature=related&#t=6m47s

Why didn't H-Arc auto-spark?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2011, 03:54:17 AM »
len got hit by arc's 5a. autospark doesn't trigger on trades. arc still has the option of manually bursting though
thundering waterfalls

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2011, 04:24:19 AM »
But after Arc got hit with the 5a trade, she recovered and blocked Len's Arc Drive but got hit eventually. Why didn't Arc autospark when being hit by the Arc Drive? Well, it could have something to do with the Arc Drive hitting very rapidly, but even during Len's follow-up after the Arc Drive, no spark?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2011, 06:09:34 AM »
My guess is that if you trade with the first hit of a projectile the rest of the hits won't cause auto spark.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2011, 06:56:39 AM »
My guess is that if you trade with the first hit of a projectile the rest of the hits won't cause auto spark.

That can be true, but Arc already recovered from the trade and blocked the Arc Drive. Then she tried to jump but got hit during startup and didn't spark.

Arc enters Heat -> Arc trades 5a with Arc Drive -> Arc recovers -> Arc manages to block Arc Drive -> Arc gets pushed away and tries to jump -> Arc gets caught in jump startup and gets hit by multi-hit Arc Drive -> Arc Drive ends (moves away from screen) and Len follows-up with combo

I'm wondering why during those bolded time-slots why didn't Arc autospark.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »
The reason why Arc didnt autospark is.....because you can't autospark Len AD.Dont ask my why,but you cant.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
That can be true, but Arc already recovered from the trade and blocked the Arc Drive. Then she tried to jump but got hit during startup and didn't spark.

The trade and the second hit were the same projectile.

I think autospark never happens in the middle of a combo.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
There has been a push recently for a 3-way international tournament (Korea, Japan, and the US).  CL and more than one top JP players really *really* want to see this happen.  Of course, we wouldn't want that to happen without a port first. 
I'm really surprised that Japanese and Korean players would even want to bother with the US, especially at this point. Look at what Garu did coming into a version where his main character was significantly nerfed and he was not at all familiar with the changes made: he still ended up wrecking house. (I'm just glad he lost to Kusanagi, or that would have looked really bad).

Can that gap close? Sure; it did a fair bit between AC and AA. Long term, I really like the idea of this and have no problem throwing my support behind it. Short term? It's silly.

I believe due to Kamina's handywork (among others), we could get some domestic support in Japan and also from Korea if we wanted to see a port happen for the sake of keeping the game alive here. As we've learned from Evo, I think Ecole is very hesitant (AKA completely unwilling) to support our arcade scene, but if we can convince them they will make money off a CC port it may become possible.  We may be able to utilize this push effectively to make a port happen.  I don't think we should sleep on it.
I appreciate their politeness but if they really need to ask us if we would like them to push for a console release, I would figure the answer would be self-evident. The notable thing is that the Japanese players want to see an international release.

An aside: that's not the lesson I learned regarding Ecole from Evo 2010. Well, I guess they aren't willing to support the arcade scene here -- hell, I wouldn't be willing to support arcades in the US at this point. It makes less than zero business sense. The lesson I learned was that Ecole was completely oblivious to the fact that anyone outside of Asia played the game (which makes your next point all that more important).

The community over in JP is very active right now with the new version releases, so we shouldn't overlook the activity.  We would definitely need to make a petition plan and get it onto the main page, along with support from multiple regions and players.  I'm sure people like Chibi/Arly, LK, CL, and Kusa would have no problem with this.  We would need someone more fluent (dakanaya, you would tremendously helpful, or Curbeh if he felt so inclined) to stress the importance of the port for the international scene (I'd be happy to do this, but we can make a new thread and edit it together.)
Normally, I hate petitions -- they tend to be useless, at best. However, if this was something actually requested by Ecole/French Bread/whoever then it might make sense. At least then it would have enough meat to get posted on all of the main community sites (SRK, IPW, EventHubs, etc.) which would further drive numbers.

Furthermore, I think some details should be communicated, like an emphasis on how different the international market is compared to Japan in a few aspects (like how different Internet connections are in the rest of the world).

Or maybe people have already been doing that. :mystery:

Apropos of nothing and everything: There have been attempts to bring a version of Melty Blood out in America.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:59 AM »
It's been on my mind of a while,but since there's talk about frenchbread and ports,wouldnt it be a good idea to ask FB/ECOLE if theyre willing to do something like a Q&A with meltybread as a MB/UNIB fansite?
It doesnt really have to be only melty questions but also some UNIB questions peppered here and there.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:58 PM »
Good points Dippy, I'll have to draw something up soon, then...trying to find out if I can host a small meet in Japan in August to see how some of the JP players feel (but we will definitely have some online stuff done long before that).  Good news in that Hare and Ashe seem very supportive at the moment.  
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
I thought about that, too. Like, making an official fansite related to TM/ECOLE/FB and trying to get information from interviews.