hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The Team Bloody Tuna Melt is going to SBO! Thread.  (Read 16029 times)

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
The Team Bloody Tuna Melt is going to SBO! Thread.
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »
Hello peeps.

This thread is just a small venue where I am going to post some information on our trek to the SBO Last chance qual, as well as any pertinent information. Mostly I'm making it so that people can ask me questions, air out anything they want to air out (like telling us to our face you think we;re idiots or whatever else may have you) and similar.

Point 1: are you serious?

Yes, we are serious. I have already requested the necessary time off from my job, and have about 40% of the funds I think i will need saved. My job has offered to allow me to take out a small loan if necessary as well. Also a few of the #meltyblood and #MBAC people have offered to donate money to the 'cause' though at this time we are NOT accepting any donations.

Point 2: Why are you doing this?

Primarily because there is no significant enough major for melty blood happening in the U.S. this year. Evo has announced it's game set and has decided it will not run it. The U.S. has received no melty blood qualifier for sbo due to reasons I do not know and that are beyond my control. Thusly This is our last hurrah if you will for the game and our last chance to prove what we have wanted to prove.

Point 3: I think what you are doing is awesome and represents the U.S.!

At lot of people have said something like this. I just want to point out that we are doing this for our own mostly selfish reasons. The fact that it may represent the U.S. MB or tourney scene as a whole is only a side effect. Definitely We have love for the tourney scene and our home country, but I'm not going to pretend we're doing this to be noble. We're doing it because of pride and because we have something to prove.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Re: The Team Bloody Tuna Melt is going to SBO! Thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »
Current Status and notes.

As previously mentioned, I have about $2000 of free money saved for this, I expect to end up needing about $4500 or so to make the trip confortably and ensure there are no major issues.

My job has already allotted me a slot of time off for august, with exact dates to be given later.

I have requested help from Arlieth who directed me to Andy (Of TGA fame). I pm'd him a short time ago and have not received a response. I have asked dippy who speaks with Andy at times to follow up. In the meantime Arturo has given me John Choi's contact information and I have sent him a pm on SRK as well as will make a first contact with him when I next see him on aim.

In the meantime, as announced by the showdown championships crew, Ruu and Mint are going to be there for the MBAC tourney. We are going to attend this tourney as an early test of our current level versus the Japanese level. I'm confident that in fact we can beat Ruu and Mint, but from a realistic standpoint my goal is to merely takes second place and see if we are utterly crushed or if we show enough versatility against them to make doing well at the sbo qual even remotely realistic.

I think that our performance is going to answer alot of my personal gripes with this situation, and give me a better idea of whether im completely wasting my money and we are going to get killed in the first round of SBO Quals, or if we are actually doing somethign worthwhile.

Offline Hintalove

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Conquering Japan, one cabinet at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »
If you are serious about playing melty, I think this is a great move for you guys. I think you will learn a lot about the game, and about your own play.

If you are going with the intention of being competitors, well, that's another matter. I've never seen Ruu or Mint play melty, but from what I hear about evo, our best GG players aren't any where close to them. Having played with Veteru, who I think it probably right at your level, if not maybe a little under, I can safely say that I think you're making some oversights. There are going to be a lot of matchups that you guys probably havn't experienced. How many people in the US play their characters at the level you play yours? Have you ever fought an equal quality Ciel? Warc? Wara? It's one thing to know their mixup from videos and another to be actually blocking it. I'm making that assumption based on the vids I've seen online, so sorry if it's off.

Any way, I'll offer to get you guys dinner some where tasty one of the nights you're in Tokyo. I've been wanting to meet/play you guys for a while.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/kiwiishungry/omfg.jpg
Ai ga areba heiwa da to dareka ga kuchi ni shiteita
Someone said that "As long as there's love, all will be peaceful"

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:05:42 PM »
Thats pretty much the universal opinion about us versus Ruu and Mint at Showdown. If there was money involved almost everyone would bet on Ruu/mint as a sure thing over us.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
Sounds good! I'll be waiting for your guy's matches with anticipation ^_^
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
Funny thing about Japanese players- We tend to underestimate the effects of the American crowd. Between Evolution 2k5 and Super Battle Opera 4 in 2k6, Nito's playing strength was like the difference between having one chance to hit a fly in midair with a flyswatter and hitting the fly with a chopstick. Japanese players usually take a bit of exposure to become used to the environment and enthusiasm of an American audience, because we tend to yell and cheer instead of staying silent and clapping. By the thousands, that is.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:35:08 PM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
Fuck, now you decide you're going to Showdown Championships? Bah.

Regardless of how you do Vic, whether you're peaced out or end up going far, please enjoy yourselves. I know you're doing this for somewhat selfish reasons (good intentions mind you), but seriously just go out there and have fun until your fucking hands fall off. Don't get too caught up in the 'political nature' of what you're doing. I hope this little trip pushes your motivation and love for the game through the roof.

I've been with you from day one, and going far as to do something like this just puts the biggest smile in the world on my face, it really does. I REALLY wish I could come with you, god I really fucking do, but I'll rep shit here in the US while you're gone somehow.

FUCK SHIT UP.

<3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:46 AM »
I wish you the best of luck.

Try to have as much fun as you possibly can while being serious about it, Because it can be rather stressful, SBO that is.

Offline Magikarp9

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:46:32 AM »
Go team tuna melt

Just don't eat the karp

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
this sounds like fun... best of luck!
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 08:05:49 AM »
Update time.

Choi replied to my PM. He's going to forward our team name and characters to the SBO guys who handle entries. According to him nothing is guaranteed though Foreign teams are usually given alot of leniency. More news as it happens.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »
Update.

"Your team is allowed to join the last chance qualifier. Please note that 1 guaranteed spot was alotted for Melty Blood last chance qualifier. If more teams show, their spots will not be guaranteed."

This is the news from Choi. Basically our team has been approved and now I am going to ensure we get any minor details left out of the way.

Issei (3s Yun player) has offered to house us while in Japan after talking to Zar. I'm going to try to follow up with him and see what we can work out.

Andy also replied to my Pm, and I'm going to pm him with some updated information soon.

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 10006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
thats awesome.. leave it up to the 3s community to help out...  wish you guys luck
The Donkey Punch... It's so bad.

For someone who doesn't visit the boards anymore, I'm a post whore.

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
good luck spooky. and have fun in Japan  :V

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
thats awesome.. leave it up to the 3s community to help out...  wish you guys luck
Apparently, he likes my ibuki....even though he owned me 30 straight  :-\
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline JeffreyManson

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »
I hear that Zar & sp00ky will come Japan and surprised very much!
The plan that I am going to observe "WWE Wrethle Mania" became stop, so I want to meet you this oppurtunity.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 09:44:26 AM »
Jeffrey,

Zar definately would like to meet you very much, and so would I. I will be sure to let you know where we will be staying once I figure out all of the details.

Offline yukiko

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »
this nigga plays aoko and was gonna come across the pacific to watch wrestlemania?  damn, that shits hardcore.

Offline Ice Prince

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
Good luck you guys. <3
Primary: Len

Don't Hate <3
www.myspace.com/theiceprince

Offline PaRt2

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
This is like a story in the making... I'll be checking for updates.

Hope everything goes smooth for you fellas.  ;D

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »
sorry if you find my post offensive

but based from this video, http://youtube.com/watch?v=LnD0PvDjZtY
i will say if you can not perform better than this, you should not participate in SBO yet. it is not worth the money.

but if you dont mind to spend money, i have nothing against participating.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
Please do not judge him based on that video.

There are a number of factors to consider (if you care to know ;p) that led Zar to play the way he is in these videos. Given the time frame to play in, we did the best we could to accomadate ourselves to the changes, but it's obvious it wasn't pretty in the end.

Zar is still by far the top choice to send to SBO with Sp00ky.

At least in my opinion.

;p
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
There are major timing differences between MBAC ver.B2 and the PS2 MBAC versions. That caused a lot of combos to be dropped.

Also, going to Japan for training experience and socializing with other MB players is always worth it, since they'll take knowledge back to the US.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Guardian

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »
I wish I could try and qualify but I'm just a poor pad whore.

GL guys, I want to play Japanese players someday  :psyduck:

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 10:33:07 PM »
but based from this video, http://youtube.com/watch?v=LnD0PvDjZtY
i will say if you can not perform better than this, you should not participate in SBO yet. it is not worth the money.
Yup....my performance was quite shitty for reasons that I wont get into at the moment. But if you had to judge my preparedness based off of these videos (below), then what say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KAc9Bjxmpk
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7928079118643769081&q=web2zone&hl=en (I still love the edit work for this one <3 )

....don' hold any opinions back (that shouldn't be too hard for you -lol-) and try not to fall asleep watching them because I can use all of the feedback I can get  :teach:.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:35:19 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.