When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Vista support?  (Read 6533 times)

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Vista support?
« on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »
I downloaded the demo to take a run at this game, but it doesn't seem to run in vista, which kinda' blows. It even mentioned vista support on a few of the websites I looked at concerning the game. Has anybody else had luck getting it to work? Is it only the demo that doesn't work?

If I can get it to work, how can I legally purchase act cadenza?

Thanks, guys.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
Re: Vista support?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »
It works on Vista, I havent tested it but one of the people i used to netplay used ti for a while, Vista caused MB to lag a bit.

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
Very odd. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. I wonder if it's a demo-only issue. =P

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »
I still can't find any information on this running under vista besides Animeruko saying somebody has used it. The demo doesn't even attempt to work.
I was actually looking to get into this game, but since I don't know anybody with it, I can't test it without buying it, and it's expensive (not to mention I can't find it for PC, only PS2).

If anybody ever runs across somebody else getting it to work well on Vista, I might still pick it up.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »
MBR or MBAC? i know that MBR works on vista but i dont know about MBAC(demo?)

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 06:02:06 PM »
Act Cadenza is what I'm curious about. Re-Act is alright, but if I'm going to buy the game, i'd rather go straight to AC than hippy around with older versions and learn stuff that isn't applicable.

Offline Armitage

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »
I've only tried out "Melty Blood: Re-Act" on vista and i know that works, i've never tried out the "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B Demo" on vista yet so i don't know about the problems your having however you seem to be a bit confused about something. There is no version of "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza" for the PC, that game is a re-balanced arcade port  only released the PS2 on august 8th 2006, The Demo you have for the PC is for "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B" This however has been confirmed that in June, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B will be released for PC as well as the PS2. So if that is what you've been trying to find that online to buy, you'll have to wait another 2 months or so, the exact day i dont' know but thats the month its planned to release. Hope that clears up why you can't seem to find the PC version.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 06:27:01 PM by Armitage »

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 06:39:54 PM »
I wasn't just looking for AC to buy. I couldn't find the PC version at all to buy. I figured if i found someplace selling Re-Act, then they'd be selling AC when that's out.

I was just trying the AC demo on vista, and it definitely doesn't even think about working.

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 04:37:38 AM »
The Demo you have for the PC is for "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B" This however has been confirmed that in June, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B will be released for PC as well as the PS2.

so has it been confirmed that they are releasing a ps2 port as well cuz afaik
they only officially announced the pc version.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 01:14:37 PM »
The Demo you have for the PC is for "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B" This however has been confirmed that in June, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver.B will be released for PC as well as the PS2.

From what i understand its only the PC version.

hdphnz

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »
I haven't tried this myself but if you click on the shortcut to the program and go to properties there's a tab for compatibility. Maybe you could set this to Windows XP SP2 or earlier and mess with the other checkboxes there.

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 07:03:45 PM »
That was my first idea. It didn't change anything. ;)

The demo gives me, like, 20 errors as it can't find a single one of its own image files, lol.

hdphnz

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »
do you have japanese support? that could be one of the problems if it can't find certain files.

Offline vapirix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »
I actually don't even know if I have japanese support in vista. Hmm...I'll have to look around.

hdphnz

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 12:28:12 AM »
Should be available at Windows update.

I remember Irfanview couldn't open my images because I didn't have it.

Offline Armitage

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 05:42:19 PM »

From what i understand its only the PC version.

Well i could be wrong, i don't speak japaneese but its also on wikipedia that it will be for the ps2 and pc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood