When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: WakeupSRK podcast:"Being only on PC does not prevent MBAACC from being @EVO2012"  (Read 17080 times)

Offline tataki

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/24/wakeup-srk-e069-flashmetroid-at-evo-2011/

at 1:09:40

Up to date version
+
Mauve Caster
+
Not ruled out of Evo
+
Current gen fighting games are mostly shit
=
 :toot:?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
That's awesome!

I wonder what the PC game was in the past~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
I'll check out the podcast for this when srk is back up. If there is however even a slight chance of us getting MB(CC) for evo again you can expect a "SRSBSNS" post from me shortly after, guys.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
i'll believe it when i see it.

evo's been anti-ANIME for awhile now.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile

This. 2011's lineup makes me really apprehensive as well to anything else in the future tbh... I wouldn't be surprised if they announced sfxtekken for evo before it even comes out or some shit
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile

This. 2011's lineup makes me really apprehensive as well to anything else in the future tbh... I wouldn't be surprised if they announced sfxtekken for evo before it even comes out or some shit
Add UFC to that list.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
Eh? AssBlue was just there ???
Then there was Melty the year before that.

I'm sure you know all of this, so how are they "anti-anime"?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~

We got voted in last year.

And BB being there this year was due to sponsorship (imo)~

I don't really care, Melty will be at Evo officially or not :P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
Yeah, MrWiz's response when he found out MBAA was not just an import but a PS2 game was classic.

Blazblue is honestly the black sheep of the tournament but it has sponsorship and a decent enough following.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile

I don't think this is true, honestly -- they were about to run TvC, BBCT and MBAA at Evo 2010. That's a pretty goddamn anime lineup.

Blazblue is honestly the black sheep of the tournament but it has sponsorship and a decent enough following.
Neither ArcSys nor Aksys sponsored Evolution 2011.

Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I don't really believe they're anti-anime really, but as soon as MK9 made it without ever setting foot into a tournament setting, well I lost a glimmer of that hope I had for Evo and what it really took to get there.

At this point we'll have UMvC3, SFAE, SFxT, TTT2, and BBCC to fight against.

Le sigh~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Let's not forget that while AH3 has a less "poverty" look to it with the new art direction, it also looks very suspect. :laffo:

Yes, and because it looks like garbage to most people in America it was guaranteed to have a smaller community than MK9 if they were both at EVO or if they both weren't.  Hence, they picked up MK9 and not AH3.  They're not going to put anime games in their EVO lineup that are clearly going to have a significantly smaller amount of entrants just to appear more open to anime games.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
Neither ArcSys nor Aksys sponsored Evolution 2011.

Huh. I thought they did. Got me then.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Let's not forget that while AH3 has a less "poverty" look to it with the new art direction, it also looks very suspect. :laffo:
Fuck Arcana it's shitty and the playerbase is so fucking anime

Just reworded your true feelings there for ya

Edit:

Real talk though, I think mbaa being on pc at evo will be bad exposure overall. I don't think the idea of a pc main event tourney will bring positive attention at all and will only spur on alot of hate imo
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:08:54 PM by Rokunaya »

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
Real talk though, I think mbaa being on pc at evo will be bad exposure overall. I don't think the idea of a pc main event tourney will bring positive attention at all and will only spur on alot of hate imo

It's better than it not being there at all. It already gets tons of hate. A few more haters tossed into the shit pile isn't going to change anything.

Besides, if people actually see it and decide to give it a shot this time, they'll actually have means of obtaining it. Not that you couldn't get it before but... these people play Street Fighter. Let's be serious. 

Real talk though, why do you care? Didn't you quit this game?
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile

Isn't it obvious? He's excited about how he can talk about how he blocks overheads 100% on 5 delay and can hit Arc loops consistently on netplay again.   :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Should Melty somehow find its way to EVO I'll be hype for it. (Although I probably won't be able to go due to lack of funds)

Offline tataki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

We got voted in last year.

I don't really care, Melty will be at Evo officially or not :P

BB was in supposed to be @ EVO 2010 but the community gave their spot for MVC2 cuz CS was coming out about the same time and nobody wanted to play CT at that point.
So EVO basically was owing them a spot for next year, and luckily CS2 at least came out in time for that, and the game at least got "ok" turnouts.

I don't really believe they're anti-anime really, but as soon as MK9 made it without ever setting foot into a tournament setting, well I lost a glimmer of that hope I had for Evo and what it really took to get there.
It takes popularity, that's all.
Putting MK9 in before it's even out was dirty but in the end the game got more than twice the turnouts than Tekken 6br so do you still think it was a bad decision on their part?

The good thing is that now AACC is in a position to get more popularity in US than MB has ever been, so use that to your advantage.
(And unlike Arcana Heart it has male characters and doesn't have a girly theme to it so it shouldn't be AS HARD to promote)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:41:33 PM by tataki »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
thundering waterfalls

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile

Isn't it obvious? He's excited about how he can talk about how he blocks overheads 100% on 5 delay and can hit Arc loops consistently on netplay again.   :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

jealous?

Offline tataki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Not a big deal at all after SF4 being on PS3, where everyone knows the specific combo of SF4+PS3 has 2-3 frames input delay compared to XB360.

Edit:
And get this guy to commentate top 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd73X6eM5tA
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:20:01 AM by tataki »

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
IIRC, Melty only was made possible in part to the EVO organizers' own ignorance. Had they known it was the only PS2 game in the 2010 line-up, I'm sure things would've been different (like it probably wouldn't even be in the Player's Choice poll). :psyduck:

not true, PS2 wouldnt have mattered or not seeing as CVS2 and 3S were also considered as well. IIRC the only games on the poll that were next gen were SCIV and MVC2 and MVC2 got in anyways after the BB spot was given up.

Dreamcasts on the other hand, were out the door, lol.

AH3 unfortunately became doomed from the start in attempting to even get the small audience it has, releasing next to marvel, expensive import, PSN issues, etc.
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but in the past at least, wizard has publicly claimed (whether truthfully or not is a different matter) that the games that make it in are based on the current hype level. If a netplay function is created, and if it can revitalize the scene, that would build hype. It would at least boost our chances of getting into the official EVO roster again from the current 0% to like 2%.

I think the bigger problem is that they usually only have 5 or 6 games at evo due to time constraints. With UMVC3, SSF4AE2012, SFxT, TTT2, Skull Girls, and MK, thats 6 games already.  So unless TTT2 doesn't get released before EVO 2012, then we don't have a shot in hell.

However, none of this matters because those that WANT to play melty will still just setup there own consoles/pc's.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:57:37 PM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline tataki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I think the bigger problem is that they usually only have 5 or 6 games at evo due to time constraints. With UMVC3, SSF4AE2012, SFxT, TTT2, Skull Girls, and MK, thats 6 games already.  So unless TTT2 doesn't get released before EVO 2012, then we don't have a shot in hell.
Not that big of a deal since MB won't occupy console setups.
For that reason alone it could be easier to get it in than yet another PS3 game.
The only thing we need now is to hype it up get enough people to play it when it comes out.
Also TTT2 won't be on console in time for the next Evo, and the arcade ver. will bring the T6 back to a coma for the next year.

So the candidates are: SF4,UMVC3,SFXT,MK9,SC5,BBCSE,SG,KOF13 and now MB. That's 9 games!
At this point trying to push one game to "beat" other games for a spot is stupid and unproductive for the scene.
I think it's better if all the communities (while focusing on expanding the current player bases for their respected games) also unite to push for a bigger event with room for more games.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:05:03 AM by tataki »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Yes but MBAA was an import PS2 title. So they had to purchase JP PS2 units which are more expensive than buying refurbished NTSC-U Dreamcasts. I am also assuming they had stashed away copies of 3S and CvS2 DC because they held tournaments for the two games before (even after the arcade cabinet -> console switch).

I remember EVO was soliciting Ecole for some import PS2s and MBAA PS2 copies. Unfortunately they only received the latter.

Had it just been a NTSC-U PS2 game, yes I doubt it would've had the "negative" impact it did on the EVO staff, but combine it with being a niche import game too and the reaction isn't too surprising.

They didn't have to buy JP PS2's at all, they had them from when GG was part of the line up in years past.

Also We solicited Ecole to help promote their game at Evo and all we got were like 8 copies of Melty in a spindle.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!