When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: we need this game on xbox 360/ps3  (Read 13439 times)

Offline weezzay

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
we need this game on xbox 360/ps3
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
Im new to this board and hope i put my topic in the right place!!!!
if what im talking about has already been posted.....please let me know
with that said lol
I finally played this game and was amazed at how fun this game really is
i mean WOW the combos are extensive and complex 
the characters diverse from eachother in three different moon styles
good BGM's and alot of stages.......excellent!!!!
i wonder why type/moon....ecole hasnt brought this game to North America???
it has been in tournaments in america....they obviously know we love it!!!!
so i wonder why the hold up???
if yall know something i dont...let me know please!!!
i also believe we should start a petition to the type moon/ecole company
on their site (or some website they read)....and hopefully we get heard somehow....because as i said before this game is
good and has major potential (i believe) and it will also fair well on xbla/psn just like it has done on the ps2 and pc...... 

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: we need this game on xbox 360/ps3
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Because they'd lose money.

Also it would be region locked on the 360 anyways. All the good 360 games are.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
Server based netplay + FB netcode; i don't even want to imagine it :slowpoke:

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
:slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke:

Best netcode ever.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »
Also it would be region locked on the 360 anyways. All the good 360 games are.
this is not really relevant but I don't think you're right

all the sadlife 360 games are region-locked, i.e. idolmaster, arcana heart, dream c club... there are quite a few good jp games unavailable in the states that a region-free, i.e. muchi muchi pork, mushihimesama, galuda 2

lol okay now that I think about it's really only a select few cave games

this is irrelevant however as I think this would almost certainly be released as a downloadable title if hell froze over and they did a console release, which yeah I think the game deserves
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline weezzay

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
thx for the replies thus far!!!
lets keep it going!!!!

i dont understand.....would it be that bad???
i wonder if they used GGPO would that be more better???

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
i dont understand.....would it be that bad???
i wonder if they used GGPO would that be more better???
Yes. It would be that bad.
No. 3rd Strike Online Edition runs terribly and it uses GGPO. Plus they'd need to get GGPO licensed for use with Melty. Probably not happening.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
They won't even release the game stand-alone on PC you ain't getting fucking shit.
what the fuck is this game

Offline VanDarkholme

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 02:18:14 AM »
I think if they released MB on steam it could actually work, just like all those doujin games that are already there

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 03:13:21 AM »
They won't even release the game stand-alone on PC you ain't getting fucking shit.
This.
You're gonna get UNIB and you're gonna like it.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »
They said they can release MB for console if people outside Japan show lots of interest in UNIB. There was already a petition (portfolio) delivered by Komidol in their hands, letters by other people they readed on stream, etc.

Maybe they're right, the fighting game scene outside Japan is mostly too casual and deppends too much on merchandise. Players arent players.. they're more like consumers.. that's sad.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »
Maybe they're right, the fighting game scene outside Japan is mostly too casual and deppends too much on merchandise. Players arent players.. they're more like consumers.. that's sad.
This is also the case in Japan, there was as an interview with the blazblue team, I think it was with Mori, where they spoke about Japanese gamers being more interested in peripheral merchandise and characters and developing the game with that in mind... I'll see if I can dig it up later today but I think it was on the front page of srk several months ago
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 07:10:20 AM »

^
It's sad but that's how business works

They said they can release MB for console if people outside Japan show lots of interest in UNIB. There was already a petition (portfolio) delivered by Komidol in their hands, letters by other people they readed on stream, etc.

I hate to sound negative but how long is it going to take UNIB to be released, the game in JP arcades isn't even finished so a console version ported over here I'm going to take a least a year to hear ANY mention of it which leads me to my other point, by that time, will there even been enough interest in Melty still by the time this does happen because this game has been out for a very long time & althought the numbers  of people that attend tournament are picking up, it's not by a "substantial amount", so it's just something to think about.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »
They're probably just tossing around words at this point. They probably don't fucking care about Melty anymore, or dealing with Type-Moon (I wouldn't want to deal with them either.) I mean mauve has stated that the JP BBS for the game is filled with complaints and shit, but do you see Ecole or whoever is producing this doing anything? Why do you guys put your faith in small shitty JP companies?
what the fuck is this game

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
We're the ones who have to care now. We already have the game for the best platform, one that everyone has and can even be portable, one that you don't need to give your money to those Sony bastards or Microsoft, one that can run the game much better and accepts all kinds of controls, one that doesnt take forever to load, one that doesnt need a television.

All we have to do now is play a lot and get more people to play. Play is the most important thing if you ask me, that's why we need urgently a good netplay. Playing offline is bad if it's not a tournament: the time is way too limited.. I used to netplay 100~200 matches by day in MBAC time, there's no way it can be done offline... Some people are too fragile and get tired fastly, other people don't even offer a good challenge and make you wonder why are you playing them in the first place. It's very altruistic to give them challenges, but how long can you be altruistic without getting unhyped/bored? And sometimes they even dare to complain about stuff when you're doing them a favor by playing their weak asses. Online we can select exactly our challenge. The only one forever bored is the strongest one. So, if our netplay sux, we can't play the game effectively. We need daily or even hourly competition to be satisfied, it can't be helped.

About getting people to play. Here in Brazil I've created a group that isnt yet very well structured. It will be an internet promoting group. We'll basicaly search all over the internet and find places where we can post about Melty Blood and we'll link all of them in a thread so everyone from the promotion group can enter all the links and help promoting. There is another thread named "what to post" with posts ready to be posted and reposted all around, so if there's something new or anyone creates something cool like a combo movie or something like that, we post it there and everyone spread around all the links we have. We only have 3 people on the group and people arent very active, but you guys have much more people who could do that then us (we have very few players and even fewer serious players) and I think you can do it much better.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:18:54 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline weezzay

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »

whats UNIB???
and how long ago was this petition on UNIB???

Offline weezzay

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »
They're probably just tossing around words at this point. They probably don't fucking care about Melty anymore, or dealing with Type-Moon (I wouldn't want to deal with them either.) I mean mauve has stated that the JP BBS for the game is filled with complaints and shit, but do you see Ecole or whoever is producing this doing anything? Why do you guys put your faith in small shitty JP companies?

ouch
i will admit my faith was really low many years ago when
a long time ago when certain JP companies started only keeping some very good RPG's and fighting games in japan only because they believe America and other countries outside of japan wouldnt be interested in the game or in some case(s) maybe offended with certain material in it....games like Xenogears nearly didnt make it to the U.S. (because of some religious issues that may offend and confuse americans or other countries i think and some other stuff) and tatsunoko vs capcom (because of license issues and also the U.S. wasnt familiar with tatsunoko characters) but they made it out (but taken a long time lol )due to mad support from the community showing total interest and the company finally taking action responding to it!!!
my faith started rising again
which is why i have some hope for melty blood in the U.S.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:17:52 AM by weezzay »

Offline jorgea

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
You are right: this game does have amazing potential

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »
As a fan of RTS and other genres, it's always puzzled and dissappointed me how un-moddy the FG genre is.

Another game I'm a fan of, the RTS Supreme Commander, isn't being treated very well by its publishers.  And the official servers recently shut down.  So the community took matters into their own hands, and developed an entire backend - online chatroom, lobbies, replay and map hosting, ladder and matchmaking - that was actually superior to the official servers.  And they're also continuing to work on refining the balance and fixing bugs.

Now, you might say that a game like MB is too niche to attract that sort of attention, but imo even more niche games have attracted similar treatment:  the RPG Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, the flight sim Falcon 4, both have been extensively fixed and upgraded by modding communities.

So I'm always a little sad that there isn't much of this sort of thing going on for FGs.  Maybe the FGC isnt nerdy enough?  (in the supreme commander forums, it seems like every third member is either a programmer or game developer.  Heck, I'm a programmer and game developer :P
We lament the poor treatment and poor netcode of many FGs, but we can't rely on companies (especially japanese companies!) to address these problems - they're best solved by community developers.

For Melty we basically have mauve and that's it?  And he's not really doing MBAACC anyways.  It would be nice if more people stepped up to the plate.

(oh, and no, I don't want to put my money where my mouth is.  I wrote some mods for SupCom but that's because it has convenient and good mod support.  Manually hacking unmoddable games is beyond my skill level mfraid.  If someone gets started with the tools and framework, then maybe I would join for easy stuff.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:35:19 AM by zeech »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/12/guest-editorial-momentum-matters-a-historical-perspective-on-the-fgc-and-esports-communities-2/

This post is a good summary of why FGC and PC gaming community differs. The short version:

- FGs came from arcade culture and eventually consoles
- Arcades were historically populated by non-too-educated people, and consoles are for gamers who don't want to continually invest in PC upgrades
- FGC demographics skew towards the less-educated

- PC gamers tend to be more well-off (since they have to have funds to support upgrades) and more educated (since PCs are a higher learning curve than consoles)
- As a result, PC gamers tend to know more about programming/development than console gamers

It sounds a bit corny but it's pretty accurate. The overlap between those who can actually develop and those who actually play FGs is relatively narrow.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline ghaue

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
Most games on 360 that aren't characters of their own originals should be on both in my opinion. Not Kingdom Hearts though I think. xD
The worst you can do is nothing at all.

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 03:47:17 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/12/guest-editorial-momentum-matters-a-historical-perspective-on-the-fgc-and-esports-communities-2/
It sounds a bit corny but it's pretty accurate. The overlap between those who can actually develop and those who actually play FGs is relatively narrow.

Yeah, I've read that article before too.  The thing is, most game developers are gamers.  And being gamers, a lot of us played SF2 when we were growing up just like everyone else.  I'm not in the industry anymore, but one thing I missed was the lunchtime games of 3S, SF4, Melty and BB against everyone in the office.

I guess it might make sense if you assume the majority of people doing mods are -hobbyist- programmers, and professional developers are too busy crunching to meet deadlines to mod their favorite games.  And then, from that, to say that there are fewer hobbyist programmers in the FGC relative to PC games.

Another aspect might be Japan.  Japan seems to have a far smaller modding culture than "the west", although their indy culture was larger thanks to things like comiket. (although now with mobile and downloadable games the west has pretty much caught up.)  Since most FGs are japanese and have a majority of fans there, it means a big chunk of the playerbase isnt interested in modding.

Whatever the reason, its kinda sad.

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 08:20:38 AM »
if you mod a fighting game, you'll lose the gameplay references (main example: gameplays in japanese competitions)

and those who will compete, obviously they'll prefer the main version (official) than playing over 9000 balance mods in same time

THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »
if you mod a fighting game, you'll lose the gameplay references (main example: gameplays in japanese competitions)

and those who will compete, obviously they'll prefer the main version (official) than playing over 9000 balance mods in same time

right, well, the discussion here wasn't about balance at all, it's about having the demographic that can take technical issues in their own hands... and what zeech said is exactly correct.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
Is there any existing statement that Ecole has any plans to even release UNIB stateside or are we just assuming we won't be stuck having to pray the jp console port isn't region locked and deal with being shafted by a game no one plays due to import costs and tedium?