When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: XBox360 controller (comments and button layout suggestions)  (Read 25413 times)

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 controller (comments and button layout suggestions)
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 06:09:56 AM »
This is the pad I use.  I've had if for over a year and for the price you can't beat it.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=40467
Haha!  That is cheap as cheap can get!  I prefer something with at least a little bit more functionality.  I'm also able to amaze my friends and astound my family when I say I have an XBox 360 controller but now XBox. :-P
Heh, I also like how this thread evolved from my initial question to a discussion on sticks and all else...

-Russ  :teach:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »
This makes it difficult for other games such as emus for old games. (If you know what I mean... is that topic taboo here?)

We just frown on talks of piracy, especially when it comes to melty itself.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »
This makes it difficult for other games such as emus for old games. (If you know what I mean... is that topic taboo here?)

-Russ  :teach:
We just frown on talks of piracy, especially when it comes to melty itself.

Really?
I always thought that being chased down by a loli squad was more of a form of encouragement or reward then a deterent.

Is there an exception on talk like a pirate day?
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »
Really?
I always thought that being chased down by a loli squad was more of a form of encouragement or reward then a deterent.
trust me, you'll never want to being chased by them  :prinny:
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline shiki321

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • The God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »
This is the pad I use.  I've had if for over a year and for the price you can't beat it.

my cousin got that though he smash by mistake

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »
hey guys, what about this one?
i'm going to buy it o_O
Honestly speaking, it's sort'a hard to tell how good a stick is going to be without knowing what parts are being used (Sanwa, Seimitsu, etc.), and it will really be a hit or miss thing (unless your lucky to know someone actually using one).

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »
Screw that, I've been using this one for almost three years now and haven't had the slightest problem with it. This includes playing on MANY emulators, mashing Melty, mashing LOTS of DMC3 and 4, mashing LOTS of doujin games, and the occasional Street Fighter Alpha 3 match on my friend's PS3. (YES, the PS3 recognizes this pad and uses it like a regular one!)
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline -Devin-

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
Screw that, I've been using this one for almost three years now and haven't had the slightest problem with it. This includes playing on MANY emulators, mashing Melty, mashing LOTS of DMC3 and 4, mashing LOTS of doujin games, and the occasional Street Fighter Alpha 3 match on my friend's PS3. (YES, the PS3 recognizes this pad and uses it like a regular one!)

That pad is awesome. However, that thing broke on me sooooo many times, I guess I am just unlucky. everyone should try that pad atleast once though, it is a million times better than the ps2 pad imo.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »

That pad is awesome. However, that thing broke on me sooooo many times, I guess I am just unlucky. everyone should try that pad atleast once though, it is a million times better than the ps2 pad imo.

I mashed the D-Pad off mine within 3 months and had to get a new pad because of it. And while the logitech is indeed pretty kewl, I'd rather a PS2 pad. The logitech feels a bit too small and cramped. >_o
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
Really?
trust me, you'll never want to being chased by them  :prinny:
Well I suppose the getting chased part might be tireing, but the getting caught sounds good!  :bleh:

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »
Ok... so I switched up my button config to the one now seen in the first post and performed the über-easy d-pad hack on my controller and it is sooooo much easier now!  The quarter circles and Z-patters come much smoother and grabs and dodges are now easier, too.  I'm still having trouble air combo'ing like the pros, but I guess that's why they're called professionals.
Thank you, guys, it's been a tremendous help!  Now I'll once again have the upper hand on my Japanese gaming buddy.  >:D

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
Now I'll once again have the upper hand on my Japanese gaming buddy.

If they are truly Nihongo-nese, then it is impossible to have an upper hand at gaming against them. A true Japanese is actually a robot. They build Gundams over there for fun.  :slowpoke:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33:39 AM »
Ok... so I switched up my button config to the one now seen in the first post and performed the über-easy d-pad hack on my controller and it is sooooo much easier now!
what tutorial did you followed? i want to do it too °_°
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 04:02:16 AM »

It does? i didn't know that, that's awesome!
I got both of those pads, i use the small one,
then I'll switch to the other one when it dies.

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 06:52:46 AM »
Ok... so I switched up my button config to the one now seen in the first post and performed the über-easy d-pad hack on my controller and it is sooooo much easier now!
what tutorial did you followed? i want to do it too °_°

See the links from the previous page.  If you have a wired controller, all you'll need is a small philips-head screwdriver, an exacto knife (or scissors or other bladed instrument), coarse sandpaper, and a plastic pringles lid.  If you're using a wireless controller (shame on you!), then you'll need a T8 screwdrive (it has a star-like head on it) because the screws are different.  "Screwy", huh?  :o

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 07:12:41 AM »

If they are truly Nihongo-nese, then it is impossible to have an upper hand at gaming against them. A true Japanese is actually a robot. They build Gundams over there for fun.  :slowpoke:
I feel like a fucking weeaboo for saying this, but Nihongo-nese should be Nihonjin-nese.  Nihongo is the language; Nihonjin is the nationality. 
EDIT:
I want to reference Nippon the Nipponese right now, but I can't find the images and I don't think anyone would know what I'm talking about anyway.  =<

Also, why would you buy a gamepad when you can get a ps2>usb converter for even cheaper and ps2 pads are much more durable?  The only reason I'd see is not owning a ps2, but really, what gamer doesn't?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:16:01 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 07:20:23 AM »

If they are truly Nihongo-nese, then it is impossible to have an upper hand at gaming against them. A true Japanese is actually a robot. They build Gundams over there for fun.  :slowpoke:
I feel like a fucking weeaboo for saying this, but Nihongo-nese should be Nihonjin-nese.  Nihongo is the language; Nihonjin is the nationality. 
EDIT:
I want to reference Nippon the Nipponese right now, but I can't find the images and I don't think anyone would know what I'm talking about anyway.  =<

Also, why would you buy a gamepad when you can get a ps2>usb converter for even cheaper and ps2 pads are much more durable?  The only reason I'd see is not owning a ps2, but really, what gamer doesn't?

Haha!  Don't feel odd about saying that!  I'm actually surprised that I didn't notice that, myself.  Also, I don't own a PS2... (although I guess technically I am borrowing one indefinitely from a friend.  ;D)

Offline EverAlert

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »
Haha, technically speaking it would be more correct to say Nihonjin without the "-nese." That's like saying Japanese-nese. xD *weeaboo*

Nipponese would probably work.

On-topic, on-topic. I don't own a PS2 either. sadface :'(

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:43 AM »
^Me neither, sold it before getting into fighting games.

Although to be fair since most of the good stuff on the PS2 never seems to get released in England anyway, guess it doesn't matter that much.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »
my bad, nipponese was what i was thinking of but i fail. we can go with Japanese-nese though, i like that better. :V
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2009, 11:37:52 PM »
Don't let other people's personal preferences get to you, if you want to be a 360 pad warrior then do it.
Of course, there's a certain advantage to being able to walk into an arcade and knowing how to use a proper arcade stick.
If you want to have the same layout that the PS2 games use, you'll have to map it as such:

A - X
B - Y
C - B
D - A
Quick Action - Right Bumper

I'm not sure about the macro buttons, no one here uses them and the arcades don't have them.

Edit: Oh yeah, wireless controllers may have input delay.  If you can get a wired 360 controller you'd be wise to do so.

Oh come on, you know pad is trash.
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
I'm glad you adopted my unbeatable pad setup RussellChamp. Now you will truly be a champ.

Don't let other people's personal preferences get to you, if you want to be a 360 pad warrior then do it.
Of course, there's a certain advantage to being able to walk into an arcade and knowing how to use a proper arcade stick.
If you want to have the same layout that the PS2 games use, you'll have to map it as such:

A - X
B - Y
C - B
D - A

I'm not sure about the macro buttons, no one here uses them and the arcades don't have them.

Edit: Oh yeah, wireless controllers may have input delay.  If you can get a wired 360 controller you'd be wise to do so.

YOUR trash.

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
I'm glad you adopted my unbeatable pad setup RussellChamp. Now you will truly be a champ.

A - X
B - Y
C - B
D - A

Edit: Oh yeah, wireless controllers may have input delay.  If you can get a wired 360 controller you'd be wise to do so.

YOUR trash.
...  :o and YOU'RE bad with grammar!  ;D

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
------joke----->

:psyduck:

Offline RussellChamp

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
------joke----->

:psyduck:
<---grammar correction----- (also joke) :prinny:
-Russ  :teach:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:53:51 PM by RussellChamp »