hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: FULL Roa  (Read 20494 times)

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FULL Roa
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »
yeah but it sucks even more that you have to weaken an already weak damage combo especially when it's only one character that you have to do it on.
 He is the only character that falls to high for 6c to connect.
on warc and nero you have to dash before the second 6c the incredibly long hitstun on 214a allows it but on nero you will have to be on a specific distance that might require at most 3Xa to push into the correct range but kouma can tech so high that you cant in anyway connect it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:27:22 AM by E.D »

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
i kind of fixed the problem with Kouma but the way i got it to work wasn't what i hoped for.
to get the 6c after 214a you have to have a combo count of atleast 10 hits then gravity will make Kouma fall easily onto the 6c without any special delay.
so know the combo works on everyone technically but it doesn't work everywere on Kouma.
On Nero i've found through a little more testing that you'll need at most 3 5as or 2as to get him into the range to make the 214a dash 6c 214a combo to work it require's that you work it out a bit yourself and it's annoying trying to explain it so try it out yourself it's always the best way.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:45:12 PM by E.D »

Offline PacStrife

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
Good work ED.  That info. seems like something I would remember AFTER a tournament match against a kouma or nero player  :slowpoke:

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 03:51:19 AM »
yeah well i was wrong about kouma because you only need 8 hits i must have mixed up the numbers or something.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
F-Roa shit I've been messing with. Some of it is common knowledge, some of it may not be.

236 [ b ] make him corpse hop and doesn't attack, must know for ambiguous crossups, think of them like kof/cvs2 roll crossups.

Optimal BNBs:

1) 2a 2a 5b 2b 2c 6c
*(wait) 236a jbc sjbc throw
*214a (best oki, can corpse hop for mixup)

2) (2a 2a) 5b 2b 5c 6c 214a
*6c 214a (best oki, can corpse hop)
*6c/236a jbc sjbc throw
*6c 214c heat (in max mode only)

After a throw and you can read their tech, use appropriate 214 series and can either go into basic jbc jbc (if possible) if not do another pillar of same type for a good knockdown. Also a good trick is dashing after a throw midscreen and doing 214a on their oki. the dash can make twitchy players try and reversal, and it's not a bad move on block and if it hits it's easily comboable after.

When doing corpse hop mixups always use 5b on their wakeup. Good normal on block, easily hit confirmable into combo of choice if hits.

j.[ c ] can crossup on some characters, I don't know who and I'm not gunna spend the time atm to figure it out.

That's all for today I'm still messing with him, I want to see if he has more potential to be an asshole char.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:08:01 PM by Mizuki »
what the fuck is this game

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 05:30:17 AM »
i guess if you wanna take them to the corner

5B>2B>5C>6C>214A DASH 6C>623B/C

it brings them to the corner from almost anywhere i believe except the other corner.
and if they're not to far away from the corner it gives a decent knockdown.
obviously C does more damage and moves you and your opponent further than b.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
It is also worth mentioning that if you are doing an air combo in the corner, you can end the string early with J.236A, then land and do 214C for an aerial tech trap. If they tech the J.236A, you get free damage from the EX pikachu, but if you call that they don't tech, you get a free otg/tech punish in corner.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »
It is also worth mentioning that if you are doing an air combo in the corner, you can end the string early with J.236A, then land and do 214C for an aerial tech trap. If they tech the J.236A, you get free damage from the EX pikachu, but if you call that they don't tech, you get a free otg/tech punish in corner.

Oh nice, didn't know this.
what the fuck is this game

Offline PacStrife

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
Man some of these posts are making me feel like no one read the thread at all lol.

Anyways on the topic of ending the air combo with j.236 and then tech trapping with EX lightning, I do not think it is very good.  If I remember correctly, there is actually a place in the air where they can tech and still hit the ground before the lightning comes out, letting them block and punish with whatever they want.  I seem to remember some characters being able to escape the trap as well, do to the way they air tech.  Just something to think about.

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
how do you mean?
i haven't seen any that drastic falling speed difference that would make that trap except if you're midscreen and teched to the side or something.
by the way on kouma

5b>2b>5c>6c>214a>236b>j.b>j.c>dj.b>dj.c>AT
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:07:20 AM by E.D »