When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread  (Read 68982 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 11:18:41 PM »
Some things I found useful

Since 214c and 236c can wallslam from otg, it makes it a viable hit confirm follow up after a 22a. Just spend the 100 meter

I also liked using 236c when I 2c>5c away from the corner. All time in the world too dash in 5c too.

Stuff may be already known, but I thought it'd be good to mention.

You should check the list I posted a page or so back. 214C and 236C won't otg on everyone. 22C will although I don't know how much it will kill your damage potential. If it does, then the tradeoff is that you get an additional wallslam/ground bounce.
I bet if you had a decent starter string that prorated very little and gave a hard knockdown, you could get something decent out of 22c otg relaunch.  22b Stomp combo works so well because all stomps have no proration, right?  By that logic, if you can relaunch off of 22a > 22c (whether the 22a is random blockstringing hit or after some low proration ground string) you should get similar results.  General rebeat proration might make that completely worthless though, so practicality may be an issue, if it's even possible in the first place.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
Forgot to mention something bell pointed out a couple of days ago, you can also OTG relaunch with 5C 623C in a pinch.  In the corner, you can do  2A 2A 2A 5B 5C 623C for a little added damage.

Offline arukimi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »
The stomp combo only works if the first 22C is done after 22B if I remember correctly. If you try to do 22C -> 22C with the first 22C as an starter it simply won't combo (probably has to do with 22C after 22B not hitting on the very first active frame). I'm not 100% sure of this so correct me if I wrong, but as far as I can remember that's the case.
And with that said, I don't think stomp combo works off 22A because 22C would be hitting on the first active frame and an 22C followup would probably not be possible.

As for damage, I think OTG String -> 623C like LBS pointed out gives the most damage on the corner. 22C might do more damage, I just feel like the hit confirm is too strict. Not sure if you can do it after 236A6A either (would test myself if I had the time to do so).

I also like to bait for techs with OTG String -> 22B and free combo, but obviously that only works once or twice against an decent opponent (also doesn't works against backward techs midscreen, might be able to bait it out and swap 22B with 236B?).

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:37 PM »
I bet if you had a decent starter string that prorated very little and gave a hard knockdown, you could get something decent out of 22c otg relaunch.  22b Stomp combo works so well because all stomps have no proration, right?  By that logic, if you can relaunch off of 22a > 22c (whether the 22a is random blockstringing hit or after some low proration ground string) you should get similar results.  General rebeat proration might make that completely worthless though, so practicality may be an issue, if it's even possible in the first place.

I haven't tested the damage yet to see what's a better option for damage in that scenario (non-prorated combo: 22A x 22C). I sorta don't have the time to check it, but I probably can tomorrow. My gut feeling tells me that 22C is not a good EX if you want to add some extra damage. 22C seemed to have about the same prorate as the other EX moves but does less damage.

As for damage, I think OTG String -> 623C like LBS pointed out gives the most damage on the corner. 22C might do more damage, I just feel like the hit confirm is too strict. Not sure if you can do it after 236A6A either (would test myself if I had the time to do so).

623C hits pretty fast so my thoughts at first would be to doubt that 22C is fast enough to catch a character before they fall out of an OTG string.

I also like to bait for techs with OTG String -> 22B and free combo, but obviously that only works once or twice against an decent opponent (also doesn't works against backward techs midscreen, might be able to bait it out and swap 22B with 236B?).

Is that safe against reversals when someone neutral techs? I barely remember using this strategy in MBAC and not getting punished for it so much, although that could be because her tech punish game was far more respected in that game than this one. I guess I'll probably stick with 2C/dash-in since the other options I've thought about appear to be too risky for guessing correctly.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
The way proration works during a ground string, the value will be equal to the proration value of the move that had the lowest so far.  It's not necessarily 22C not prorating too much that makes it good, it's putting it at the beginning of the combo.  During an OTG, especially a long combo rather than a simple 236 > 6C knockdown, the damage is already shit no matter what you do.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
Half moon shit:

Midscreen:
6AD 5C 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 5B 2B j.abc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) 2C 5C 5A 6A j.bc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 2B 5B j.abc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 5C 2C knockdown baby
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 5B 5C 421C wall to wall metered knockdown.
etc. etc.

Corner:
6AD 2C 5B 2B 236A x 5B 2B j.bc dj.abc at
**(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 2B 5B 236A x 5B 2B j.abc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 5C 2C knockdown baby
etc. etc.
* = cancel out of that shit for free son
** = Actually pretty much works from fucking anywhere.

much better damage than c-moon what are you smoking.
there's probably even more beastly shit but I just pretended I was doing 5A6AA 4[C] shit with h-aoko and swapped in equivalents.

tl;dr godmode
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:27:59 PM by Thana »

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Half moon shit:

Midscreen:
6AD 5C 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 5B 2B j.abc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) 2C 5C 5A 6A j.bc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 2B 5B j.abc dj.abc atU
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* 66 x 5C 2C knockdown baby
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 5B 5C 421C wall to wall metered knockdown.
etc. etc.

Corner:
6AD 2C 5B 2B 236A x 5B 2B j.bc dj.abc at
**(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 2B 5B 236A x 5B 2B j.abc dj.abc at
(2AAA) (5B) (2B) (5C) 5A 6AA 421A* x 5C 2C knockdown baby
etc. etc.
* = cancel out of that shit for free son
** = Actually pretty much works from fucking anywhere.

much better damage than c-moon what are you smoking.
there's probably even more beastly shit but I just pretended I was doing 5A6AA 4[C] shit with h-aoko and swapped in equivalents.

tl;dr godmode

Thank you for being the only other believer of this moon.

I haven't played CC at all so I don't know all the buffs or nerfs she got but there's more shit to add on to that list you posted.

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
Other sort-of believer chiming in.

I have some other H-Miyako stuff that I wanted to clean up and toy with a little bit more... But I might as well just copy paste my mess here for now. Some stuff repeats, or is pretty basic. Overall you can mix and match most parts. It was mostly me messing with 214B, which can be tricky.

Quote from: random
TL;DR: corner combo is whatever into > 2C (slight delay) 2B 236A > techpunish/oki on notech

Basic: ...5A6AA slight delay 214B (5B)5C  421B airthrow whiff 2C5B2B aerial
… 5A6AA slight delay 214B 2C 5C 421B airthrow whiff 2C
- Can’t OTG after this because the 2C knockdown counts as your “3rd bounce/slam”
- Want to find a better damage solution to this to enable corner OTGs but unlikely
- 5A6AA delay 214B will go through some characters and whiff midscreen, havent tested on everyone but this happens with Nanaya

… 5A6AA slight delay 214B 5C be214B 5B2B jABC djABC airthrow
… 5A6AA slight delay 214B 2C 5C 421B airthrow whiff 2C5B2B jABC djABC airthrow

-can probably replace aerials with 421C for hardknockdown and meter burn

Corner OTG string: (dash) 2C5AAAB 2B5C 2AAA xx 5C techpunish
- For meter build and tech punish setup, OTG string might be iffy when chaining to 5C in some cases or on some characters maybe. Can skip 5C and go straight to 2A
- note this uses 2 rebeats, (can ignore 2C though)

22B > 22C link works in H too!

basic: 22B 22C (22C) 214B 5B2B aerial
Advanced (fff timing): 22B 22C (22C) 214B 2C > stuff
Need to test: 22B 22C 421A/B airthrow whiff > stuff

Random notes:
236A has unusually long air untechable time. enough so such that you can do the following maybe for a tech punish?:
...5A6AA slight delay 214B 5B/2C 5C 421B airthrow whiff 2C (2B) 236A > techpunish
opponent has to be pretty low to the ground though... but it works! on hisui and miyako... need to test more

Midscreen 421A/B  long range confirm:
421A/B IAD jC 5B2B aerial

2a5B2C5C5A6AA slight delay 2C 5C 421B airthrow whiff 2C (slight delay) 2B 236A walk slightly away from corner or dash 5C techpunish

Maybe I'll clean this up later. Feel free to criticize it or make it better or whatever.

Also apparently with enough gravity depending on the character, you can do stuff > 6C (slightly delay) 421B, even midscreen in some cases.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:13:23 AM by LoliSauce »
Current Main: H-Sion
Alt: H-Kohaku
Planning on switching to H/C-Kohaku soon.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
The code thing takes a bit too long to skim with through my phone but I got down some stuff.

Try half charging 214b if it whiffs on certain characters. If it still does, try either 2c 5c 214b or 2c 5bb(wallslams) 214b.

For that ground stomp combo, I'm not 100% sure if it counts as a knockdown but after the 22cs, try 2c 6c 421b twice. You may have to get used to the timing though.

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:22 PM »
The code thing takes a bit too long to skim with through my phone but I got down some stuff.

Try half charging 214b if it whiffs on certain characters. If it still does, try either 2c 5c 214b or 2c 5bb(wallslams) 214b.

For that ground stomp combo, I'm not 100% sure if it counts as a knockdown but after the 22cs, try 2c 6c 421b twice. You may have to get used to the timing though.

Midscreen it will whiff on Nanaya if you delay the 214B at all after 6AAA. Maybe others too but I havent bothered testing. Doing ... > 6AAA 214B hits though and puts you on the other side of him midscreen though for a second. V: so you can do the following on him I guess:

stuff 5A6AA 214B 5B2B aerial (this crosses up only for a second on nanaya, you'll autocorrect inbetween 5B2B)
or
stuff 5A6AA 214B 5B(2B) 236A (and then more stuff if you're close enough, this keeps the crossup and wallslams)(this one is tricky inputwise though because of the crossup)

Regarding stomps > 2C 6C, it feels like in most cases 421B only connects after 6C when theres enough gravity, which is about 5 or more hits before 2C on Hisui, might vary with character (but it seems to work with 5 midscreen on her). You can do stomps > 2C 5C 421B ATwhiff 2C for knockdown near the corner or followup with 2B 236A for tech punish or 2B 5B aerial for damage though.

Edit: Does Throw > 5C 5A6AA work on everyone? I try it and 5A will whiff on some characters...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:24:22 PM by Skwuck »

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2012, 06:19:45 PM »
Hmm. I'm pretty sure that 214b confirmed on the whole cast but then again that was AA, not sure if CC changed any mechanics. Like I mentioned, I haven't touched CC at all so basically, I leave the new stuff up to you guys.

The stomp thing does rely on gravity a little but not as much as timing. I'm 100% sure on this.

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
Hmm. I'm pretty sure that 214b confirmed on the whole cast but then again that was AA, not sure if CC changed any mechanics. Like I mentioned, I haven't touched CC at all so basically, I leave the new stuff up to you guys.

The stomp thing does rely on gravity a little but not as much as timing. I'm 100% sure on this.

It's only midscreen where this is an issue. In the corner it appears to work on everyone without an issue (since you cant cross them up in that situation obviously). I havent tried messing with gravity yet on Nanaya though... It might help with the passing through him thing.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »

It's only midscreen where this is an issue. In the corner it appears to work on everyone without an issue (since you cant cross them up in that situation obviously). I havent tried messing with gravity yet on Nanaya though... It might help with the passing through him thing.

You can just do 5b2b5c5a6aa 421A TWC dash 5C(*)5B j.abc dj.abc AT which does the same damage and even works with your back against the wall and carries across the stage to the corner (which is obviously hella rad).

* you can stick a 2B here if they're already in the corner at this point from the big 421A carry for more damage/meter. 2C works as well for knockdown.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:46:22 AM by Thana »

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
I know about that already.

There's a corner variant one.

Basically what was mentioned but after do 2c into 5c delay 421b 2c 5b air combo

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2012, 02:12:36 AM »
That's character specific.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2012, 12:49:03 PM »

No it isn't unless it's Kouma or Wara then after the 421 just do 5b into whatever.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »

No it isn't unless it's Kouma or Wara then after the 421 just do 5b into whatever.

but that's what character specific means  :mystery:
got 5B 2B 5C 5A6A6A 421A x 5A 5C 5B 2B 236A x 5A 5C 5B 2B air combo to work hella damage and they only have to be cornered by the time you do the 236A.
Real hardcore damage (and meter) ggggg
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:36:12 PM by FireBearHero »

Offline Schnitzel

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »

got 5B 2B 5C 5A6A6A 421A x 5A 5C 5B 2B 236A x 5A 5C 5B 2B air combo to work hella damage and they only have to be cornered by the time you do the 236A.
I've been mostly playing F-Miyako, but H-Miyako has interested me. If possible, can you post a video of that combo? Also, is that combo mostly universal?

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2012, 02:05:48 PM »

I've been mostly playing F-Miyako, but H-Miyako has interested me. If possible, can you post a video of that combo? Also, is that combo mostly universal?

I think I know someone who might be interested in doing a full video of stuff for h-miyako.
I know that combo at least works on sion.
I only tried it once and went back to grinding muscle memory for h-kouma since you have to do combo movie shit every single time to do any damage.

Anybody have anything practical that uses half moon's strengths?

example: 2A2A 5CD 5B 2B 2C 236B x 5A 5C 5B 2B aeriel (in corner).
A standard anti-wakeup heat/DP OS starter for waking opponents as h-moon, the rest is a corner combo confirmable at any point until 236B without reacting. Leaves 5A6A6A free should they block all the way to 2C.

follow-ups to blocked 2A2A 5CD 5B 2B 2C:
214B will trade with quickly (1st frame out of blockstun) mashed A normals, but you can combo from the trade.
5A6A6A 421A throw whiff pressure reset attempt on block (risky, but also a nice auto-confirm if they happen to mash)
5A6A6A 5C 2B 2C 5BB big guard damage, auto-confirms to aerial if they block the 5A6A6A and unblock any time after
5A6A redash
5A whiff cancel IAD
etc.
(yes the 5A and first 6A will whiff but they'll still be in blockstun (mostly) and it doesn't seem to matter)

Anything practical for backdash midscreen? (assuming her 2C is too short)
2A 2C 5C 5B 2B jABC dj.ABC AT works if it isn't. Maybe.

You still have to learn the biggest, baddest, combo movie damage combo for when you block a DP or something and get free time on them, even though you won't be getting much other use out of that against good players.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:08:22 PM by FireBearHero »

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2012, 07:24:25 AM »
I probably should have asked which characters but I had a feeling Kouma and Wara came to mind as soon as you said that.

I think I mentioned it before but she has a corner to corner combo. You can probably fit the 236a at the end portion of it.

There is no real general way to utilize her strength  except her stomp which has clash frames but it's not reliable.

I can basically give you MBAA info on her cause I haven't touched CC at all.

You can't really call what you mentioned OS'es though but that's my opinion.

Also for that combo video, I was planning on making a tutorial a while back cause I was the only one that mained her in AA but stuff happened so I never got around to it.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
You can't really call what you mentioned OS'es though but that's my opinion.

I'll remember your "opinion" the next time I 2A 2A 5CD a c-moon in the corner on wakeup and get a free shield counter on wakeup heat/DP without even having to think about it.
Oh and every time someone gets dropped automatically for backdashing on wakeup against 2A 2C (so often it's kind of sad).

As weird as it sounds, try not doing an air combo ender and just jumping up and air throwing them right away instead. H does a lot more of it's damage while still grounded so it doesn't seem like you lose enough damage for it to even require an extra combo even with (well, a human's) reduction to kill and it makes her air throw suck a lot less. c-miyako j.22C is the best ;_;
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:07:49 AM by FireBearHero »

Offline Zahlzeit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
Do you two happen to have any good match videos of H-Miyako? I know they must be rare but I need a good idea of what she's like and all, and to decide whether or not I want to main her among other canidates like F-Ciel.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
Do you two happen to have any good match videos of H-Miyako? I know they must be rare but I need a good idea of what she's like and all, and to decide whether or not I want to main her among other canidates like F-Ciel.

I can give you my opinion. But not footage, sry.
The Japanese played her too conservatively in AA, so there is nothing I would qualify as 'good' H-Miyako footage from AA. And in CC she lost all that stuff the Japanese weren't doing anyways. Everything that made her play fun was lost in CC, and she went largely unplayed. But the little footage you will find is mostly unchanged in playstyle, minus the airthrow.
It's prolly not worth it to choose H-Miyako over, well F-Ciel and prolly many of the other chars you're thinking of choosing.
Just my opinion. If you find something about her that's just fun to play, then please ignore everything I just said.

-TexasTim-

Offline Zahlzeit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

I can give you my opinion. But not footage, sry.
The Japanese played her too conservatively in AA, so there is nothing I would qualify as 'good' H-Miyako footage from AA. And in CC she lost all that stuff the Japanese weren't doing anyways. Everything that made her play fun was lost in CC, and she went largely unplayed. But the little footage you will find is mostly unchanged in playstyle, minus the airthrow.
It's prolly not worth it to choose H-Miyako over, well F-Ciel and prolly many of the other chars you're thinking of choosing.
Just my opinion. If you find something about her that's just fun to play, then please ignore everything I just said.

-TexasTim-
Thanks for your concern and yeah, we'll see. I'm interested in F-Mech now too. Maybe I should bother Zar one of these days.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
[MBAACC] Miyako Thread
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
Inb4zarcomes to the thread.