When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread  (Read 67963 times)

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
after playing CC c-miyako on friday, i have to say, for the most part, she really does feel the same as her console version. there isnt much to add that you wouldn't already know from previous posts in this thread.

- not liking the jB nerf. when used on a grounded opponent/for crossups, you really have to delay it till you're right next to the opponent or the active frames end and it looks like you just whiffed it. took me a while to get used to. nothing really gamebreaking, it just means you cant be lazy at throwing it out. this goes for air-to-air situations also. it's still got a great hitbox for CHs, just make sure your timing is on point.

- increased recovery on 2B? does that mean it takes longer to recover? i didn't really notice anything different, to be honest. still works great as an anti-air or fishing for CHs on a airteching opponent. if it hit, great. if it didn't i still got punished the same way i would as if it was the console version.

- 236C invincible frames down... :emo: i didn't necessarily use this on wakeup like it seems most players do. i left it mostly for combos or for "on reaction" to projectiles or certain setups i wouldn't otherwise be able to get out of effortlessly. say if someone were to have a blockstring with a gap that had a projectile in it, you could 236C during that tiny gap and pass through the projectile to land a hit (like roa). while you can still do it in CC, it's less useful due to the decrease in invul frames. it's pretty noticeable on things like nero's crow super. in AA it would have no problem getting through multiple crows, but in CC you'd probably get hit at the tail end. still works as a reversal, just not a "get out of jail free" card.

i probably should've paid more attention to the airthrow, but i still used the same corner setups. didn't think of doing anything when i did an airthrow midscreen.

all in all, it seems like the changes must have been from vers.A to CC, because i didn't notice anything about all the other listed changes (could be that i'm just not paying enough attention though). either way, like tonberry already said, play her like you used to (at least for crescent, which is the only moon of miyako that i play).

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline sharkchowder

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • 2A 2B 2C 5C ---- what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
Re: C - Miyako's Airthrow in MBAACC -

I might be late to the game or missing something since I don't know the terminology, but I've noticed that I can't airdash or airdodge after an airthrow in MBAACC. I used to be able to during the console version - however, it is true that you don't move as far away from the opponent as you used to.  Frankly, I miss the airdash, but it seems like that's because I didn't use Miyako in MBAC, so I don't know those tricks...

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsMMGMcy0qg&feature=channel_video_title
Didn't FT used to play in AC?

Yes. There should be some videos of him playing AC on youtube, but everything comes up as MBAA.   :'(
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

i probably should've paid more attention to the airthrow, but i still used the same corner setups. didn't think of doing anything when i did an airthrow midscreen.

If her new airthrow works like how it did in MBAC, then maybe the old midscreen tech punishes work (236C for forward techs, dash~2C for neutral, and 2C back techs)? That'd be pretty sweet if so.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
Re: C - Miyako's Airthrow in MBAACC -

I might be late to the game or missing something since I don't know the terminology, but I've noticed that I can't airdash or airdodge after an airthrow in MBAACC. I used to be able to during the console version - however, it is true that you don't move as far away from the opponent as you used to.  Frankly, I miss the airdash, but it seems like that's because I didn't use Miyako in MBAC, so I don't know those tricks...

You should be able to unless they took it out?

And holy shit, this thread got replies?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
Btw, all this talk of midscreen tech punish is somewhat irrelevent.  C Miyako now has midscreen untechable knockdown with j.22c as a combo ender.  And F still has stupid damage + corner carry + untechable knockdown with just slight modification of her old combos.  Only really significant nerf is her air normals it seems.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
Yeah, we all knew this was going to happen but hey, she's still probably a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0nQVCoYEJk#t=2m52s
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »
You should be able to unless they took it out?

And holy shit, this thread got replies?

Honestly I'm surprised that this forum is so dead. At least during MBAC it made sense since she wasn't a popular character. Now she's really top tier with F moon in MBAA, and yet that did nothing to promote more discussion. lol

Btw, all this talk of midscreen tech punish is somewhat irrelevent.  C Miyako now has midscreen untechable knockdown with j.22c as a combo ender.  And F still has stupid damage + corner carry + untechable knockdown with just slight modification of her old combos.  Only really significant nerf is her air normals it seems.

Yeah, I agree. Plus I'm pretty sure I'm dead wrong anyway. I forgot how badly they nerfed Miya's tech traps in the original MBAA, and things don't look that much better in the latest version of CC. It looks like the height that she gains after her airthrow is still too high for her old, MBAC-like midscreen tech traps to work.  :'(

Offline Kanarin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Kowakunai~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
So as a complete Melty noob picking up Miyak Miyak, I see that Crescent is easier to use but Full is the best (Does most damage?) to use?

Can someone restate the overall advantage/disadvantage of Crescent and Full for Miyak Miyak for a noob like myself can understand? 'a'  :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:01:36 AM by Kanaganai »
Leading an unhealthy life since 2008.
Aye, aye Capt'n!

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »
So as a complete Melty noob picking up Miyak Miyak, I see that Crescent is easier to use but Full is the best (Does most damage?) to use?

Can someone restate the overall advantage/disadvantage of Crescent and Full for Miyak Miyak for a noob like myself can understand? 'a'  :slowpoke:

Sure thing

Full Moon: Highest damage in the game. If you get hit twice it's going to the next round. She has no mix-up options or oki. Her only wake-up option is EX 623.

Crescent Moon: Mid to High damage combos. Majority of the combos that deal high damage are done in the corner. She "has" an infinite blockstring or some would say bit it's easy to get out of. She has 3 reversals that get you out when your in a pinch. EX236, EXDP, and regular DP.

Mainly put the difficulties are like this:

Full Moon - Easy Mode
Crescent Moon - Hard Mode

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
C also has gdlk mixup, gdlk antiair, and roll dodge.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »
Sure thing

Full Moon: Highest damage in the game. If you get hit twice it's going to the next round. She has no mix-up options or oki. Her only wake-up option is EX 623.

Crescent Moon: Mid to High damage combos. Majority of the combos that deal high damage are done in the corner. She "has" an infinite blockstring or some would say bit it's easy to get out of. She has 3 reversals that get you out when your in a pinch. EX236, EXDP, and regular DP.

Full Moon - Easy Mode
I should note that F does have mixup and oki.  Her oki is very basic but still strong.  Her mixups are usually either gimmicky or require meter (IH cancel) though.

C has much stronger pressure and mixup options in general though, to make up for the greatly reduced average damage.

Overall Full Moon is greatly easier to learn because everything that you can possibly hit from leads into the same combo, so you don't have to worry as much about situation specific variation.  Learn one combo, learn some basic stuff to do after a knockdown, and learn how to BLOCK because your reversal options are shitty.  As a result, I think she's pretty good for learning fundamentals of spacing and defense, since that's basically all you have to think about when you play with her.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:16:19 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 06:39:11 AM »
Sure thing

Full Moon - Easy Mode
I should note that F does have mixup and oki.  Her oki is very basic but still strong.  Her mixups are usually either gimmicky or require meter (IH cancel) though.

C has much stronger pressure and mixup options in general though, to make up for the greatly reduced average damage.

Overall Full Moon is greatly easier to learn because everything that you can possibly hit from leads into the same combo, so you don't have to worry as much about situation specific variation.  Learn one combo, learn some basic stuff to do after a knockdown, and learn how to BLOCK because your reversal options are shitty.  As a result, I think she's pretty good for learning fundamentals of spacing and defense, since that's basically all you have to think about when you play with her.

Oops. Forgot all about the IH heat cancel. My apologies.

You can also go ahead and play Half moon and be sad like me. : )

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »
Yo, I know we probably won't be seeing any definite footage or anything for a while, but thanks to Komi's HydraGP 1.07 loketest talk we can know that she's been buffed up to some degree, at least definitively in damage.  I'm a little excited.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:55:41 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »
Yo, I know we probably won't be seeing any definite footage or anything for a while, but thanks to Komi's HydraGP 1.07 loketest talk we can know that she's been buffed up to some degree, at least definitively in damage.  I'm a little excited.

Any ideas on what buffs and nerfs she got?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
Not yet!  But he said H moon was a target of talk, so maybe she's more viable.
---

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Well I did see that her elbow drop now causes untechable bounce on grounded opponents and doesn't just knock down anymore, but other than that, that's what I can see in the videos.

I wonder if my prayers have finally been answered?
 :mystery:

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
So anything as of buffs or nerfs of our Kung-Fu girl?

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:16 PM »
I'm liking C-Miyako's 22C OTG relaunch. It seems to scale kinda bad in regular combos, so I like to use in her corner pressure instead. It feels like you can hitconfirm 22C off of 22A if you buffer early. Here's the combo I'm using for the relaunch:

(corner) 22A x 22C 2B 5C j.BC j.ABC x AT

I checked this combo on a few characters and it does ~2.8-3.3K unscaled. If you rebeat like hella it does 1.8kish on Akiha, which is still pretty decent IMO. It's a much better punish than her standard OTG strings.

I guess I need to watch some videos or something because every combo that I try to use meter besides using AD or AAD does less damage than a meterless bnb. wtf  :slowpoke:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2012, 08:20:47 AM »
I'm liking C-Miyako's 22C OTG relaunch. It seems to scale kinda bad in regular combos, so I like to use in her corner pressure instead. It feels like you can hitconfirm 22C off of 22A if you buffer early. Here's the combo I'm using for the relaunch:

I checked this combo on a few characters and it does ~2.8-3.3K unscaled. If you rebeat like hella it does 1.8kish on Akiha, which is still pretty decent IMO. It's a much better punish than her standard OTG strings.

I guess I need to watch some videos or something because every combo that I try to use meter besides using AD or AAD does less damage than a meterless bnb. wtf  :slowpoke:
Not even 5bc 2c 214c 214b 5bc stuff can pull more damage than meterless?  What kind of meterless damage are you getting?

So, since there's no fucking way I'm going to purchase anything but a standalone release of the game, I obv don't have the game.  Can anyone check what all the otg relaunch options are for each moon?
---

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »

Not even 5bc 2c 214c 214b 5bc stuff can pull more damage than meterless?  What kind of meterless damage are you getting?

So, since there's no fucking way I'm going to purchase anything but a standalone release of the game, I obv don't have the game.  Can anyone check what all the otg relaunch options are for each moon?

No, I haven't tried doing multiple 214x in a combo. Thanks for reminding me though as I do remember seeing a combo involving 214BE. This is my first time really sitting down to play MBAA, so I'm out of the loop compared to most folks here.

I can't get that combo to work. The problem is I keep getting an OTG relaunch with 214C, which is what you don't want because it maxes out your wallslam potential. So far the only thing that has worked for me is a raw 2C into 214C, which doesn't OTG.

Edit: Yeah, finally I can break 5k -> 5BB 2B 5C x 214C 5C x 214BE 5B 2B j.BC j.ABC x AT
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:49:10 AM by Light »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »
Can anyone check what all the otg relaunch options are for each moon?

F: 214C, 6C, 623C
H: 22C, 236C, 623C
C: 214C, 22C, 236C, 623C

What whiffs on who:

214C, 6C: Aoko, Ciel, Len, Hisui, M.Hisui, White Len
214C, 6C, 623C: Ryougi, Roa
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:10:51 PM by Light »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
No, I haven't tried doing multiple 214x in a combo. Thanks for reminding me though as I do remember seeing a combo involving 214BE. This is my first time really sitting down to play MBAA, so I'm out of the loop compared to most folks here.

I can't get that combo to work. The problem is I keep getting an OTG relaunch with 214C, which is what you don't want because it maxes out your wallslam potential. So far the only thing that has worked for me is a raw 2C into 214C, which doesn't OTG.

Edit: Yeah, finally I can break 5k -> 5BB 2B 5C x 214C 5C x 214BE 5B 2B j.BC j.ABC x AT
Well, ultimately using meter to end the combo with j.22c is probably more advantageous than using 214c for more damage, since it's free knockdown anywhere for mad oki.  Are there any c miya vids out there for reference?

Thanks for the info on otg relaunch.  That's a lot of shit.  Thinking about it, one of the videos posted in here earlier had an example of f miya 6c relaunch.  That's pretty nasty.  So otg relaunch in general counts as +1 slam/bounce, on top of any additional wallslam caused by the move's properties?
---

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 12:03:20 AM »
Thanks for the info on otg relaunch.  That's a lot of shit.  Thinking about it, one of the videos posted in here earlier had an example of f miya 6c relaunch.  That's pretty nasty.  So otg relaunch in general counts as +1 slam/bounce, on top of any additional wallslam caused by the move's properties?

Well yes and no. Some OTG relaunches are +1 (e.g. 6C and 22C) while some are +2 (214C and 236C). I don't know about 623C but it's negligible anyway.