When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread  (Read 68558 times)

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Re: [MBAACC] Miyako Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
So what is this infinite blockstring thing you guys keep talking about?  I'm just trying to figure out what works for resetting pressure with Miyako.

5B 5C 5A

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »
So what is this infinite blockstring thing you guys keep talking about?  I'm just trying to figure out what works for resetting pressure with Miyako.

5B 5C 5A

Sounds hard.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2012, 03:17:07 PM »
http://youtu.be/0suHYwwl3UI#t=11m04s

Cuz there are so few Miyako vids around, Here's a C-Miyako. Analyze
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
I messed around in practice mode for a while, H-Miyako's damage is pretty much the same, it's still good.  I have no idea what on earth people could've been talking about, the only change I saw was the 421A/B being a groundbounce on grounded hit now.

Yeah. Found that out at NEC. Her damage is did get nerfed "slightly" but nothing major though.

5B 5C 5A

Sounds hard.

Just do it.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »
Thanks Numakie.  As expected, almost all meter use was to combo into knockdown.  If it wasn't ending aerial in 22c it was doing that silly double meter corner combo into 236a>c.  That shit looks hard to time correctly, btw.

Sad to hear that H didn't really change much at all.  Shiki's true love, doomed to obscurity.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
That Miyako made some strange decisions and I don't think he's very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suHYwwl3UI&feature=youtu.be#t=15m42s it's a nice looking combo that ends in knockdown but it uses 2 bars and he lost 1k damage when he could have done standard combo into j22C
I see the merit in having that left/right mixup at the end but... eh I'm not too sure.
He also keeps adding 6B in his combos, does that not prorate as bad anymore?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suHYwwl3UI&feature=youtu.be#t=17m10s
I like this.  I like this a lot.  623B into whiff airthrow for a standard airconfirm, I could not have conceived that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suHYwwl3UI&feature=youtu.be#t=18m30s
this here is what I'm talking about.  He could have done 214B > aircombo for a kill but decides to do his knockdown combo instead (which he whiffs)

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »
http://youtu.be/0suHYwwl3UI#t=12m27s
http://youtu.be/0suHYwwl3UI#t=14m32s

Fuzzy Guard attempts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suHYwwl3UI&feature=youtu.be#t=15m42s it's a nice looking combo that ends in knockdown but it uses 2 bars and he lost 1k damage when he could have done standard combo into j22C
this here is what I'm talking about.  He could have done 214B > aircombo for a kill but decides to do his knockdown combo instead (which he whiffs)

Only reason to Justify to do this combo, least i think, is that all the times he did this combo, he got in Heat mode, so 2 free meters to play with.   Also... i think the combo doesn't work on the Len's? Maybe?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:49:13 PM by Numakie »

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
Lol I just saw that, that was part of my "strange decisions" assertion and now I see that's what he was trying to do.  Lesson here, make sure they're actually blocking.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
http://youtu.be/0suHYwwl3UI#t=12m27s
http://youtu.be/0suHYwwl3UI#t=14m32s

Fuzzy Guard attempts?
Definitely failed fuzzy attempts. 

That Miyako made some strange decisions and I don't think he's very good.

I see the merit in having that left/right mixup at the end but... eh I'm not too sure.
He also keeps adding 6B in his combos, does that not prorate as bad anymore?
I don't know if 6b still prorates poorly, but somehow I doubt they would buff that.  As for the combo, it's basically something I was wondering myself.  Two meters for that is probably not necessary when I'm willing to bet you can side switch into 236c for the same result while only burning one meter.  Losing out 1k damage for the chance at whichway may be worth it, but at the cost of 200%...I would personally argue against it.  In general I felt this guy's meter management was really wonky and not well thought out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suHYwwl3UI&feature=youtu.be#t=17m10s
I like this.  I like this a lot.  623B into whiff airthrow for a standard airconfirm, I could not have conceived that.
Yeah, that shit was hype.  I wonder if it could be expanded on further, like using 214c for its long untech time to get them back down on your level.

Poor judgement is all I can guess.  Dude seems like he's figured out some neat stuff about the character, but is inexperienced overall.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »
Thanks Numakie.  As expected, almost all meter use was to combo into knockdown.  If it wasn't ending aerial in 22c it was doing that silly double meter corner combo into 236a>c.  That shit looks hard to time correctly, btw.

Sad to hear that H didn't really change much at all.  Shiki's true love, doomed to obscurity.

Thus is why I stopped playing ever since CC came out cause I don't want to be sad.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
That H was depressing.  F was just business as usual.  Thanks again Numakie.
---

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:22 AM »
H was alright. Nothing really notable. Should have just went for the easy combo before time ran out. F's damage really looks the same. I don't even think they even tried to nerf her.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »
That H was depressing.  F was just business as usual.  Thanks again Numakie.

NP. I usually keep updated with Melty vids, and Miyako happens to be one of the charas i like watching.
I'll prolly keep posting em as i see em.

Offline arukimi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »
On the 200% meter knockdown setup from those videos:
Went to training to mess with it a bit, the damage loss isn't that huge, something like 400-500 less compared to your standard corner bnb when started from 5B. Linking 236A6C right after works on the Lens also, so that was his mistake.
That said, I kiiind of liked it at first but at further thought, it really looks like it's useless. 200% meter is just way too much for it, like you pointed out. Sure, he only used it when at MAX, but when you're in MAX isn't it just plain better to use your Arc Drive for the same result? Damage might be higher, and it's much more safe in the sense that dropping it is almost impossible. The only problem is you're missing 100% meter for using the AD on MAX.
Also, you can't start your combo off 2A because it's required on the actual combo.

And just to add something else to the post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIm1jNLAsc
Found it while browsing the MBAA BBS out of sheer boredom, 22B links into 22C. Exclusive to CC? I don't have the PS2 version to test anymore but it doesn't seems new, still recorded because I found it funny, even though it's pretty much useless. Someone also mentioned 22C connecting on Nero after H 5A6AA but that doesn't seems new either and might be useless.

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
Holy shit even with only one bar I can get 5k off that 22B starter.

:genuflect:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »
On the 200% meter knockdown setup from those videos:
Went to training to mess with it a bit, the damage loss isn't that huge, something like 400-500 less compared to your standard corner bnb when started from 5B. Linking 236A6C right after works on the Lens also, so that was his mistake.
That said, I kiiind of liked it at first but at further thought, it really looks like it's useless. 200% meter is just way too much for it, like you pointed out. Sure, he only used it when at MAX, but when you're in MAX isn't it just plain better to use your Arc Drive for the same result? Damage might be higher, and it's much more safe in the sense that dropping it is almost impossible. The only problem is you're missing 100% meter for using the AD on MAX.
Also, you can't start your combo off 2A because it's required on the actual combo.
Good work.  So I guess the true merit in this double meter combo is to burn MAX, get corner whichway, and still revert back to 200% after all is said and done.  It gives enough meter to freely play around with for dodge cancelling shit or reversal cancelling a shielded meaty (thanks LBS for bringing that up in chat, btw).  That's actually pretty good, the more I think about it.  I can't help but wonder if there's really nothing better in damage though, especially with rebounce shit you could do.

And if it comes to pseudo-corner mixup, utilizing AD dust cloud might be valuable enough to constitute a drop to 100%.  100% still nets you potential heat activation, which is super valuable in C, but it's still a lot more restricted than having 200% to play around with.  Besides, what are the best mixups for C Miyako in the corner post-AD?  She can't really Sandoori thanks to her slow, floaty air dashes, but she can do roll-through or air dodge whichways.  You guys know of any good precedent for post-AD mixup utilizing dust cloud?

And just to add something else to the post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIm1jNLAsc
Found it while browsing the MBAA BBS out of sheer boredom, 22B links into 22C. Exclusive to CC? I don't have the PS2 version to test anymore but it doesn't seems new, still recorded because I found it funny, even though it's pretty much useless. Someone also mentioned 22C connecting on Nero after H 5A6AA but that doesn't seems new either and might be useless.
Holy shit even with only one bar I can get 5k off that 22B starter.

:genuflect:
Wow.  Good to know.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:00:50 PM by LoliSauce »
---

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »
I bet there's enough time to do meaty 236A 6[A]
It's inherently safe because you can jump cancel on block and whiff cancel into super.

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
[MBAACC] Miyako Thread
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
Nerf this pedobait please.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
Don't jealous

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
Nerf this pedobait please.
She did get nerfed.
---

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
I'm finding a lot of opportunities to land 22B now that I actually have a reason to do so.  Blocked DPs in general are good targets for STOMP COMBO.
It doesn't look like you can do it off anything other than 22B though  :(

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
Some things I found useful

Since 214c and 236c can wallslam from otg, it makes it a viable hit confirm follow up after a 22a. Just spend the 100 meter

I also liked using 236c when I 2c>5c away from the corner. All time in the world too dash in 5c too.

Stuff may be already known, but I thought it'd be good to mention.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:19:46 AM by Numakie »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
Some things I found useful

Since 214c and 236c can wallslam from otg, it makes it a viable hit confirm follow up after a 22a. Just spend the 100 meter

I also liked using 236c when I 2c>5c away from the corner. All time in the world too dash in 5c too.

Stuff may be already known, but I thought it'd be good to mention.

You should check the list I posted a page or so back. 214C and 236C won't otg on everyone. 22C will although I don't know how much it will kill your damage potential. If it does, then the tradeoff is that you get an additional wallslam/ground bounce.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so