hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Miyako in AA  (Read 67432 times)

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Re: Miyako in AA
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
Been doing some experimenting with C-Miyako.  Against H-Moon characters, you can avoid a shield counter (and maybe hit them back) in the air by cancelling your move into a j.22A or j.22B.  In rare cases, you can guarantee a counterhit with j.22C but most characters will hit you out of it.
So far I know it works on Kouma.

So how do we do this on reaction?  Input your normals as j.2A / j.2B / j.2C.  When you see/hear the clash, just input 2A/B/C to do the cancel.  If your move hits instead, do you BnB as you normally would.

Why can't I just buffer 22 after I hit the button for my move?  Because the input buffer is so huge that you will go into a ground stomp after landing if you try to hit any buttons afterwards.  So even if your air move hit, you won't be able to combo.

Also, a corner combo that was shown to me in a video:

Code: [Select]
(2A 2A) 5B 2B 2C (delay) 5C 214[B] 5B 5C 2B xx air comboIt deals a whopping 100 more damage than the easier versions woooooooooooooooooo
Similarly, in the corner Miyako can get 5k damage in the corner off her 214C using -
Code: [Select]
214C (large delay) 5C 214[B] 5B 2B xx air combo
The trick is to wait long enough with the 5C so that your 214B will not cross up.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:55:26 PM by Legendary Blue Shirt »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
Do you have any interesting IH combos?
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
Do you have any interesting IH combos?
Was that aimed at Blue Shirt?  He was talking about crescent moon, so no IH available.

Also, if you want to be really cool with F Miyako (and happen to have an assload of meter to burn) you can do this AWESOME CORNER TO CORNER COMBO!
5b2b5c6c 623bb 236c (delay, directional input reverse occurs) 6c 623c 421b (whiff th > land) 66 2c6c 236a j.bc j.abc TH

It actually does do a little more damage than her standard bnb, in addition to being TOTALLY RAD.  Also it uses up double meter and probably gains back like half that.  I bet that you could get even more if you were to use the 623bb 236a j.66 j.ab land relaunch before 236c, but I don't really care enough to try, since this is just me playing around with silly things.  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:44:34 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:29 PM »
I honestly don't think we'll be beating the triple j.C IH combo anytime soon.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »
Speaking of which, I realized that F Miyako can IAD j.bc and it actually combos as long as you have them in the corner (or just have a perfectly spaced IAD vs a standing opponent) and do the j.b as early as possible.  This ends up giving you the lowest possible j.c, which is perfect setup for the fuzzy dj.c IH j.c.   :teach:

Plus that makes for just one more extra hit to potentially tag them with for godlike damage.

Only problem with that is that some characters can just duck right under that j.b and FUCK EVERYTHING UP GODDAMNIT.

Also, thinking about it...can you IH the 623bb or 623aa?  You could get a surprise overhead in there if you can, but somehow I don't think it's possible to IH the ground shoryus.  =\
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2010, 01:37:47 PM »

What's the combo transcript for that?

I have no idea what IH can cancel, as I've barely played MBAA. However if you could do 623b/623bb -> IH -> j.C, the mixup potential off of that would be very good, and it would be a far more practical surprise overhead then Miyako's in MBAC.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2010, 11:14:48 PM »

What's the combo transcript for that?

I have no idea what IH can cancel, as I've barely played MBAA. However if you could do 623b/623bb -> IH -> j.C, the mixup potential off of that would be very good, and it would be a far more practical surprise overhead then Miyako's in MBAC.
It's not really a triple j.c combo.  It's just her fuzzy guard.  You do super deep j.c into fuzzy dj.c IH j.c (land) 2a > bnb.  You'd have to be pretty lucky to actually get all 3 j.c's to hit.  That's why I mentioned the IAD j.bc as being a perfect setup into the fuzzy, since you get an extra hit in to potentially catch them with.  4x overhead jumpin fuzzy bnb would be some pretty sweetdiculous damage, but realistically it would probably only be 2x j.c that actually hit.

Also, I had no idea you didn't have access to MBAA.  Why not?
---

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2010, 08:00:13 AM »

It's not really a triple j.c combo.  It's just her fuzzy guard.  You do super deep j.c into fuzzy dj.c IH j.c (land) 2a > bnb.  You'd have to be pretty lucky to actually get all 3 j.c's to hit.  That's why I mentioned the IAD j.bc as being a perfect setup into the fuzzy, since you get an extra hit in to potentially catch them with.  4x overhead jumpin fuzzy bnb would be some pretty sweetdiculous damage, but realistically it would probably only be 2x j.c that actually hit.

Also, I had no idea you didn't have access to MBAA.  Why not?

What characters can you do this fuzzy guard on? Just Nero and Wara, as usual?

Yes, I haven't gotten around to replacing my PS2. Not sure what route I want to take when it comes to playing imports, etc.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2010, 10:57:52 AM »

Also, I had no idea you didn't have access to MBAA.  Why not?

What characters can you do this fuzzy guard on? Just Nero and Wara, as usual?

Yes, I haven't gotten around to replacing my PS2. Not sure what route I want to take when it comes to playing imports, etc.
It works on any standing character, I think.  I'll have to test on a few especially small people just to make sure, but I was originally testing this stuff on v.sion.  It's just easier against big charas like nero because you don't need the deepest j.c possible to lead into the fuzzy.

And yeah, ps2+modded memcard is definitely the easiest way to play ps1/2 imports.  So little hassle and surprisingly low cost, even including the purchase of a new system.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:59:33 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JWzpblpLAc#t=1m59s

Oh snap, I didn't know you could cancel anything into F-Miyako's 623C on block.  I stupid  :slowpoke:

And why 22A/B is useful in blockstrings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLUsPtRkhXQ#t=1m18s

Oh yeah, and I know why I had so much trouble trying triple jump C fuzzy on VSion.  I was trying it on her neutral state.  I don't think anyone is ever gonna be neutral on wakeup in the corner lol.  I'll probably try it again and record the dummy walking backwards (duh Tiggy  :teach:)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:50:21 AM by Tiggy »
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2010, 01:43:08 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLUsPtRkhXQ#t=1m18s

Oh snap, I didn't know you could cancel anything into F-Miyako's 623C on block.  I stupid  :slowpoke:
You linked the wrong video here (linked the 22a clash one twice).  Also, anything that can be EX cancelled on hit works on block as well, though using 623c in a blockstring isn't exactly the smartest idea.  All they have to do is block low and you whiff the last hit, leaving you wide open.

Oh yeah, and I know why I had so much trouble trying triple jump C fuzzy on VSion.  I was trying it on her neutral state.  I don't think anyone is ever gonna be neutral on wakeup in the corner lol.  I'll probably try it again and record the dummy walking backwards (duh Tiggy  :teach:)
Mmm...whether they're blocking or not shouldn't make any difference for the fuzzy.  You might find the timing easier if you lead into it with an IAD j.bc.  If you can get both normals to connect, the j.c is guaranteed to be at the lowest possible height, which is exactly what you need for the fuzzy (against someone of normal height, like vSion).
---

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »
Oops.  I fixed the link, but not that it matters with the explanation you gave concerning the last hit
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
You linked the wrong video here (linked the 22a clash one twice).  Also, anything that can be EX cancelled on hit works on block as well, though using 623c in a blockstring isn't exactly the smartest idea.  All they have to do is block low and you whiff the last hit, leaving you wide open.

I think Tiggy meant that he didn't know you could normal cancel out of a blocked 623c.

EDIT: I think you can only normal cancel if they block the second hit too. You can actually cancel 623c into pretty much anything.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:43:08 AM by Press »
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
Ahh, yeah.  Last hit, as long as it doesn't whiff, is cancellable into normal/special/jump.  It actually makes it a pretty safe reversal if the opponent doesn't know they just have to block low.  lol

Oh, thinking about it, I've fooled people in the past (like mbac days) by training them to block high with 623b (in this case, only c/h have the overhead 623b) and then laughing as they block 623c high.  Any really competent player will know to just block low at the super flash though.
---