When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Miyako in AA  (Read 67010 times)

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
Miyako in AA
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »
Discuss combos, strategies and techniques, or any comments you have. Let's have them here instead of the video thread, to keep that thread short, concise, and just a reference for video links and matches. :teach:
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Miyako in AA
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
Jesus, noone's gone near this thread in months.

I'm trying to figure out what F-Miyako's bnb is anyway.

Damn.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »
The Miyako playerbase is a wasteland  :(

Offline Veven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Abilities: Kung-Fu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
http://www20.atwiki.jp/miyako_mbaa
Japanese Miyako MBAA wiki. Google translation is pretty useless.

"140: What is your名無SHI! : 2008/11/10 (Mon) 17:07:11 ID: X7WbKV3E0
It's not lust love
Protect the pedophile's true RORI"

Offline Feles

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Miyako player...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
Ha ha, useless Google Translator.

Oh well, at least it makes me laugh with it's nonsense.  :prinny:
   :V

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »
http://www20.atwiki.jp/miyako_mbaa
Japanese Miyako MBAA wiki. Google translation is pretty useless.

"140: What is your名無SHI! : 2008/11/10 (Mon) 17:07:11 ID: X7WbKV3E0
It's not lust love
Protect the pedophile's true RORI"

Nice link. +heat for you

I wish jpn people used number notation for special moves. What the heck is "エリアル".

: ( @ air links not being necessary anymore, off of a 5C wallslam, since you can reverse beat.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:47:52 PM »
"エリアル" just means air combo cause they can't be assed to write it over and over again and it depends on other factors so use whatever air combo that will work
thundering waterfalls

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »
Makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:06:42 AM »
We need people to play and update with Miyako details!
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 01:20:41 AM »
F Miyako B&B anywhere near a corner (like almost half a screen to the corner, maybe even further???):

2A 5B 2B 5C 6C XX 623B > late B, land, 236B > 421B JC, land, 5AA JC jABC JC djABC airthrow

623BB timing is the only "hard" part imo; do the 236B ASAP and do the 421B after a short pause (do it too early and it whiffs).

After airthrow you can land and be a jerk and 22C for a crossup low that looks like an overhead  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 01:23:54 AM by xPwNaZnOwNx »
boring style

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
Wait, so what's her movelist in all forms now?  What major changes to existing moves are there?  How many licks does it take to get to the center of her loli-pop?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Haven't touched H-Miyako at all.  C-Miyako feels more or less like MBAC Miyako?  Keep in mind that my memories of MBAC Miyako are very fuzzy so I can't really say something like "oh it's a bit slower/faster now" or whatever, but overall she feels very similar.

F-Miyako cliffs notes version:

5A - more or less the same as always
2A - more or less the same as always
5B - kick with decent range for Miyako
2B - new low kick move (same as H-Miyako IIRC), pretty good but range isn't as good as 5B
5C - more or less the same as always?  Can BE.
2C - more or less the same as always
6C - two handed shove punch, cancellable and JCable

all jumping attacks are the same for the most part, maybe some FRAMES differences that I don't know about

Throw is still the same.

236A/B/C is her flying dragon kick move.  236A goes up more, 236B is more vertical, 236C is an EX, etc. etc.  Can chain to 421.
214A/B, she steps forward and does her old 214 punch.  Can be charged now.  214C is her old 214C.
623AA/BB, 623AA is pretty much her old 623 except you can jump cancel it on either hit, 623BB is more horizontal.  623C is pretty much her normal 623C.  All versions can be done in the air.
22A/B are her stomps as usual.  22C is the flip into stomp, still hits low.
421A/B are the elbow drops.  JCable, floor bounce on air hit.  I forget if 421C changes in appearance or anything, it's more or less the same kind of move though.  You pretty much only do this after 236.

AD/AAD are pretty much the same?

Didn't check LA.
boring style

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
Is that you Crimson? I didn't know you played Melty, not that you know me or anything.

421A/B is an overhead. IIRC, it's JCable even on block, so it seems like a move that you can throw out once in awhile. At least that's what I see in some matches.

I'm sure that 421C is that EX elbow move that knockdowns down an opponent. Finally, Miyako has an air combo that leads to a guaranteed knockdown. :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:24:55 PM by Light »

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 01:50:42 AM »
yeah I am CD

throw into big combo is so satisfying with F-Miyako
boring style

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:59:01 PM »
yeah I am CD

throw into big combo is so satisfying with F-Miyako

What's the throw combo? Throw 5C 6C into groundslam loop? I'm too lazy to read that wiki.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
What's the point of charging the 214b?  214a becomes overhead and does assloads more guard damage, but 214b ONLY becomes air unblockable from the looks of the frame data.  It's pretty dumb, and I don't understand it at all.
---

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
I have no idea, I don't charge 214B ._.
boring style

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
Looks like C-Miyako uses 214 in corner combos  :mystery:

Was messing with the bigger ender to F-Miyako's B&B, can't get the last elbow drop to connect.  Maybe I need to cut/add a hit somewhere?

whatever -> 6C XX 623B delay B, land, 236B > 421B JC, land, 5AA XX 236A > 421B... etc. is what I was going for, can't get that final elbow though.  After the elbow it was something like late JC jBC airthrow at least?  I haven't seen any more recent F-Miyako vids so this is all memory  :psyduck:
boring style

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 12:34:53 AM »
Looks like C-Miyako uses 214[B] in corner combos  :mystery:

Was messing with the bigger ender to F-Miyako's B&B, can't get the last elbow drop to connect.  Maybe I need to cut/add a hit somewhere?

whatever -> 6C XX 623B delay B, land, 236B > 421B JC, land, 5AA XX 236A > 421B... etc. is what I was going for, can't get that final elbow though.  After the elbow it was something like late JC jBC airthrow at least?  I haven't seen any more recent F-Miyako vids so this is all memory  :psyduck:
Doesn't elbow end the combos for guaranteed knockdown?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:19:37 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »

Was messing with the bigger ender to F-Miyako's B&B, can't get the last elbow drop to connect.  Maybe I need to cut/add a hit somewhere?

whatever -> 6C XX 623B delay B, land, 236B > 421B JC, land, 5AA XX 236A > 421B... etc. is what I was going for, can't get that final elbow though.  After the elbow it was something like late JC jBC airthrow at least?  I haven't seen any more recent F-Miyako vids so this is all memory  :psyduck:

IIRC, they only use the ground version of the elbow once for that combo. So after 5AA x 236A, it should be something like: jAC jc. JBC airthrow, or cancel the last jC into air EX elbow for a guaranteed knockdown. Also remember that that elbow wallslam combo is character specific, so on some characters you don't need to do the jC link after the elbow. On Shiki Tohno and Sacchin (idk who else), you drop the jC link.

Offline Tohno-san

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 02:32:38 AM »
Amazing! People are posting in this thread!  :o
You're not smart. You're not a doctor. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong!?
--- GLaDOS

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »

Was messing with the bigger ender to F-Miyako's B&B, can't get the last elbow drop to connect.  Maybe I need to cut/add a hit somewhere?

whatever -> 6C XX 623B delay B, land, 236B > 421B JC, land, 5AA XX 236A > 421B... etc. is what I was going for, can't get that final elbow though.  After the elbow it was something like late JC jBC airthrow at least?  I haven't seen any more recent F-Miyako vids so this is all memory  :psyduck:

IIRC, they only use the ground version of the elbow once for that combo. So after 5AA x 236A, it should be something like: jAC jc. JBC airthrow, or cancel the last jC into air EX elbow for a guaranteed knockdown. Also remember that that elbow wallslam combo is character specific, so on some characters you don't need to do the jC link after the elbow. On Shiki Tohno and Sacchin (idk who else), you drop the jC link.

Makes sense to me!  Haven't really seen any F-Miyako vids recently so I pretty much forgot the full ender but now that I think about it, that sounds right.  Guess I'll play with it more tomorrow.
boring style

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 12:42:27 AM »
Does C Miyako have air stomps or something?  Doing her frame data, she has a j.22 set with basically the same frame data as her normal 22 moves, so it makes me want to know more.
---

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »
IIRC she does, I only played C-Miyako a bit but I remember doing j22 and thinking it was pretty hilarious.  I'll double check tomorrow.

Also watching the a-cho ranbats, Kou F-Miyako does whatever to 623BB, land, 236B > j421B, land, 2C XX 623BB, land, 236A, jAC JC djABC or something to that effect.  Hrmmmmmmmmmm.
boring style

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 01:34:40 AM »
IIRC she does, I only played C-Miyako a bit but I remember doing j22 and thinking it was pretty hilarious.  I'll double check tomorrow.

Also watching the a-cho ranbats, Kou F-Miyako does whatever to 623BB, land, 236B > j421B, land, 2C XX 623BB, land, 236A, jAC JC djABC or something to that effect.  Hrmmmmmmmmmm.

There's actually videos out there now, prior to a few months ago, in which the few videos Miyako was in she got beasted, so you didn't really get to see much of what she can do in AA.

Yeah, I recommend Kou. He's the player I've been watching the most. Try to watch F.T. if you can find his stuff.