When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Nero Chaos (Nrvnqsr)

MBAA Nero

(1/13) > >>

Ultima66:
I can't believe no one has made this thread yet. I played Full Moon today (yeah I've been playing a lot of full moon just to see the changes and since I know I can't really get anything out of other styles since I can't do execution on a stick).

Normals:
-5C is rhino. That shit is AMAZING. Very fast, huge range, combos into 4C for launch.
-6C is mouth. Short range and I hit it accidentally, but 6[C] is a fairly fast grounded overhead for Nero, and it hurts. I saw someone win with 6[C] 6C once, and I don't know how valid comboing out of it is out side of the corner, but 6[C] alone hits for like 1800. If you can get like 6[C] pause 5C 4C j.C x3 j.throw I'm expecting something like 4500 damage from a simple overhead mixup.
-2C is now the NAC 6C thing. Don't complain about it, it might not have quite the vertical range as his old 2C, but much better horizontal range is nice. Also it DOES have a solid vertical range. Don't know what charging it does, but it's chargeable and a fairly fast charge. 2BC is a working launcher.
-2A is a bit shorter, 5A is about the same, 2B is the same.
-5B is choppers. Less range than old 5B of course, but it's much faster. Unsafe though, but it's powerful AA if they don't outrange it.

Specials:
-236A and C are the same. We all know what 236B does so I won't elaborate.
-214A/B are antlions now, and 214A is worse than before I think. I didn't hit with it, but it seems to just be a single launching hit now rather than the old chewing thing, and it moves faster so it's no longer as good for setups or what not. 214B looks basically exactly the same. Maybe it has a slightly bigger hitbox or something.
-214C is the giant gator. It's stupid and you really shouldn't use it. Range is good but it's slow and probably will never hit.
-421 is now creepers. 421A goes behind, 421B in front, 421C around the screen several times.
-63214C is now mosquito swarm. It doesn't do as much and doesn't wallslam like the old claw, but it's not disadvantageous on block.

Honestly I really like full moon Nero and don't see why people aren't playing him more. A good 5C is a huge gain and a solid 6C doesn't hurt either. The losses seem quite small, like 236B is now different but I wouldn't say worse, and deer vs creeper is debatable but I don't think creeper is bad. 5B is definitely the biggest loss, but the new 5B doesn't suck.

liger:
Here's a pretty nice MBAA video of Full Moon Nero I found at random. Nero starts at 1:38 and continues through the rest of the video. The player seems pretty skilled, and shows off a lot of what Nero can do in MBAA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9GvjIXAEaQ

ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro:
Does giant gator maybe have invincability like old arm super?

Ultima66:

--- Quote from: Dizzynecro on November 12, 2008, 08:30:04 AM ---Does giant gator maybe have invincability like old arm super?

--- End quote ---
Bee swarm does, which replaces his arm super. Gator replaces EX Snake, and doesn't look all that good. It looks like EX Snake but only if they're close to you.

ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro:
Lol ok so gator has inherited uslessness of 5c. Cool that bee swarm give invincibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version