When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Nero  (Read 33263 times)

Offline heir

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • DEER GOD
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA Nero
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
 :psyduck:

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 09:31:13 AM »
abstract: fnero vs ranged characters:
part 1: be patient
part 2: be good enough at shielding to sit there and shield all the normal projectiles and if they're not zar they'll get frustrated and do something else
3: charge your meter when they're waiting for you to come in and die, then go in with lots of meter or even max if they let you
4: shield into snakes and then pressure, or shield/crow to make an equal ranged exchange
5: lots of fake offenses mixed with just landing and projectile exchange
6: don't attack from cross screen, advance gradually and cautiously
7: ex special when you really need to: ex crow from midscreen or ex snake will at least stop the shooting
8: if you can get it down, B sludge will stop them from shooting for 3 seconds or so

basically the idea is just to not get hurt; if a ranged character isn't hurting you at long range he's not winning.  and if you're gaining meter or you've got a health advantage, you're winning.  they'll probably start playing the game if they're not winning
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
7: ex special when you really need to: ex crow from midscreen or ex snake will at least stop the shooting

Except that F-Nero doesn't have Ex Snake. Ex Gator won't do much in stopping the shooting...
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »
it's a delayed, miscreen ex snake that functions like a giant version of the antlions.  it has its uses, trust me and think about it

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »
it's a delayed, miscreen ex snake that functions like a giant version of the antlions.  it has its uses, trust me and think about it

Sometimes i like to throw it down when people are hovering above my head and only have either one air dash or one double jump left.

Okay lads, let's talk about zoos! Have been messing around with some things and was wondering, what are the major fuzzies and mixups that you guys use? What about the more esoteric and situational ones? Seeing as how Nero has a seemingly bottomless well of gimmicks, we might as well start exploring that in earnest.

One thing, how well can you run fuzzies with JUST ex-crows, is it even possible? For example, with FNero, one of my current things is to do 5B 2B 2C(blocked) ex crows. Then, if you think they're going to block crows, drop an A Lion and sj at them. Then you can do deep jB 8/9jB -A- -> combo. Or you can do deep jB -> land 2a/2b. You also get your standard a lion throw gimmicks on top of that.

(This also works without Ex-Crows. All you really need is the A lion. What the crows do is cover the snake and the sj in. The problem with this fuzzy is that it's probably character specific and might now work on all characters. Have only tested it on VSion.)

Also, what do you think about having an A lion, jB (blocked) -A- iad jC? This setup doesn't seem very strong, aside from the fact that you can alter the height of the jB to get 2 or 3 hits off of jC. Same with any jC set up really, such as ex-crows -> jB (blocked) -> jC.

Oh, and stumbled upon something kind of douche-tastic. How big is the gap in 5B 2B(blocked) 421C? Between the 2B and the 421C that is? Depending on the size of it, something that might be effective is 5B 2B (blocked) 421C after airthrowing into corner.

Since 421C pulls people out of corner, what you can do with this is on the first pass back, you can use 2B, 2C, B snake, or B crow to push them back into corner from that distance. Then, you can sj jB at them. Depending on when you sj and when you jB (deep or regular) you can get crossup/non-crossup jB, or land behind/land in front 2a/2b.

You can get further alteration by changing when you cancel the first 2B into 421C.

Also if you do a non-crossup option you get to do it again.

:V

Another way to set this up should be off of B Crow or B snake walk up pressure.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:37:16 PM by Abstract Nonsense »
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline Kumlekar

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »
Just wondering, as F-Nero, what should I be using to anti-air superjumps? In MBAC it was always 5B, but thats not an option with full moon.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
5b when they're low enough, 3c if they are within the range of the first hit (you have to time this wisely because 3c is slow to come out and can get hit before the active frame).  2c and charge 2c are not good choices against superjump but can be good against people chicken jumping or air spacing (be aware that the farthest frames at 45 degrees from nero's feet are not active frames)

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
Hello guys. I have very poor execution and thought f-nero might be the character for me. I also tend to play a little defensively and I like to spend a second or so planning my next move or mixup. I really appreciate the advice in the thread so far, but I was wondering if anyone has the basic bnb for f-nero. I think they are vastly similar to c-nero, but I never really played him,

I guess I could check out the MBAC nero thread. But even if the comboes are pretty simple, I just would like a place to start before I start working on mixups, setups, and matchups.

The mizuumi.net wiki didn't really have any comboes in cresent or full, however I found this: http://www28.atwiki.jp/mbaa_666/pages/21.html
A translation would be cool too. Sorry for posting in an old topic, but I think this is where I belong..

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
T_T at picking fnero because your execution is bad

rough guide to fnero combos:

fnero can't airdash; his max damage combos are different for fullscreen to corner, midscreen, and corner
fullscreen can be defined as comboing across nearly the whole screen and putting the opponent into the corner; the boundary for "fullscreen distance" to the corner can be approximated by cornering a training dummy and throwing him away from the corner: where he lands is the minimum distance from whence a fullscreen combo to the opposite corner is required

midscreen distance begins at the other side of this boundary
corner distance begins at this same boundary, but assuming that you're going to end the combo in the close corner rather than the far one

full screen max damage combo:
2a 2b 3c (one hit) jump forward- jb (both hits) jc (you must stretch the gap between the jb and jc as long as possible) second superjump forward- ja ja jc | land, superjump forward- jc,  second jump- jc airthrow

if you find it easier, you can replace the two ja's with a jb same as the first one, but it will work in less situations

if you hitconfirm the opponent when he's too far away from you, the first jb will only get one hit and your combo will fail; in this case use a shortened hitconfirm combo such as jb (one hit) second jump jb (two hits) jc followed by airthrow back into the corner or letting them wallslam the far corner

there is no easier fullscreen combo; if you can't execute this, then use the 3c starter and instead do jump jb (2) second jump jb (2) jc airthrow

midscreen you can use the same combo as fullscreen with slight adjustments, or you can replace the air component with simply jump jb (2) second jump jb(2) jc (lengthen gap between last jb and jc), land, superjump jc second jump jb (2) jc airthrow

starting at about 1-2 character widths past the boundary point, you can use a variation of the max damage corner combo:
2a 2b 2c 3c (1 hit) jump jb (2) second jump jb (2) jc (lengthen gap), land superjump forward jc second jump jc airthrow

at about 1 character past the middle of the screen you change the superjump forward to a vertical superjump and add a jb before the last jc. this is the corner combo, which is nero's max dmg combo

these combos aren't really that much easier than those of most characters in the game, if that's what you were hoping for.  if you want to get easy damage in the corner/midscreen just do 3c launcher into
midscreen: jb jc, second superjump forward jb jc, land superjump up jc, second jump jb jc airthrow
corner: jb jc, second jump, jb jc (lengthen gap), land, superjump up, jc (3 hits) second superjump forwards jb jc airthrow

remember that nero can only wallslam 3 times and jb is not prorated (so the more you stick in the better) and you can pretty much improvise
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:14:37 PM by GenericSuperhero »

Offline hobbes

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
Thank you very much GenericSuperhero. I do enjoy watching you play, and I think f-nero is really cool. I just am a poor player, looking to gain all the advantages I can. Appreciate the advice, gonna go practice ~

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2011, 10:07:44 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get any tips on my C-Nero.  I just started picking him up, but I don't really know how his gameplay should flow, how to do really effective combos, etc.  Plus, this is against an opponent significantly better than me.

It's 40 minutes long; you're going to see a lot of the same things, so I'd suggest skipping near the end to where I'm at least slightly more comfortable with the matchup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWCoh09mq8

Thanks in advance!

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
if MBAACC picks up i'll write full scale nero strategy guides.  you can pick up combo basics and hitconfirms from jp videos; Luckystar/solty has the most cnero matches on youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM6DXkx5EZE&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLC1246A6F2AB02C0A  this video can give you a rough idea of game/pressure flow and combo basics; the jp vids can be confusing because they're usually one game long and luckystar has a very particular play style.

the basic cnero combo starter is 2a or 5b (1 hit) into 2b (1 hit) 2c jb (2 hits) ja   second jump jb (2 hits) jc (4 hits)
from here: if you're far from the corner, use airdash into jc and then land and superjump jc second jump jb jc airthrow.
if you're in the corner, just skip the airdash part.

basic nero oki after airthrow is ex crows or snake.  If you think the opponent will jump, use 5b as oki antiair (if you land 5b at a distance, confirm using jb or jc; 4c the way you were doing it will never work)  alternatively, you could walk up and force a simple 2a/5b/throw mixup oki.

you can get an idea of how the pressure chains work from the video.  2c is a long blockstun move that allows you to cancel into a summon safely by putting you at a safe distance and frame advantage (though this doesn't work on all characters).  if you're confident the opponent won't try to mash out, you can also cancel 2b into a summon; this has less frame advantage.  the idea of nero pressure is to use a summon to cover your pressure reset; after summoning you can airdash in, summon, some more, or whatever.  if the opponent tries to escape or attack you when you try to summon, you have to scare him by mixing up summon reset with meaty punishes; do this by canceling 2c or 2b into 5a and then using 4c to catch mashes and 5b to catch jumpouts.  once the opponent is scared, you can get creative and keep pressure going or decide to go for a throw.

as far as neutral is concerned, every player has a different approach.  generally, be conservative because your moves have huge recovery.  use summons when your opponent isn't harrying you to gain some neutral advantage and maybe a safe angle of attack.  summons in neutral, such as b deer, can also be used defensively to discourage or disadvantage an attacking opponent.  generally, use 5b and 2c as antiairs against appropriate angles of attack.  jc loses to most air moves in a conflict; this is mostly a zoning tool that you use to protect space or hit an opponent during move startup.

importantly IAD jb is the basic rushdown tool of nero because it has the best air to ground angle and performs better in counterhit situations.

against miyako, antiairs are very important but whiffing one will screw you over because she can punish.  you should try to gain neutral advantage by getting snakes or deer out in order to limit miyako's movement options; this makes her attacks suicidal and your rushdown safe.  with the ground covered by a summon, her only choices are to attack by air (exposed to your antiair), retreat, or block and then get caught in your safe rushdown.  4c will beat out her dash rushdown if you hit her before her move is out.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:51 AM »
Whatever, Summons.  どうでもいい。
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.