When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [Request] Latin American Subforum  (Read 7618 times)

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
[Request] Latin American Subforum
« on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm trying, with help of some friends to unify all the Latin America players (the real players, not the people that only join Facebook groups to make the counter grow). The problem is that everyone is separated in different communities along Facebook.

Given the fact that a forum is a more controlled and organized way to manage a community, unlike Facebook, we do this request to have a subforum just for Latin America, spanish-speakers if possible, though we don't have problems if someone doesn't understand the spanish laguage and writes in english. (Kinda redundant, but, brazilians are welcome!)

We already have our own IRC chat for matches, but there are a lot of things that we need and an IRC isn't enough.
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Latin American Subforum
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
What about Meltybrasil?
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
Most of us don't speak english, and portuguese . . . well, not a single one.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »
There's two issues I have with this:

1) Would it actually get used? It's not like the site has a bunch of traffic to begin with, but I also wonder if a forum really is the best medium for matchmaking. Have you thought about contacting bellreisa and getting a channel like #meltybread.sa set up on mizuumi.net's IRC server? There's already channels for NA (#meltyblood), France (#meltyblood.fr), Europe (#meltyblood.eu), and Southeast Asia (#mbaa-sea).

(Technically, you could just go and set it up... but I would probably talk to him about it first anyway, just in case people start wondering why the hell a bunch of people from South America just showed up on the server.)

2) Who would moderate it? I don't think there's anyone on the moderation team that is fluent in Spanish (I sure as hell am not). If someone wanted to handle it, they could but I wouldn't even know who would be up for it.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
1) We already have an IRC chat: https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=bloodheat

2) Now, we're trying to choose between ourselves which ones would be the mods.

Question: how many mods could be allowed?

Offline ScrawtVermillion

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 2b or not 2b,that is the question
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
We already have a chat that we can use for matchmaking but a sub forum will make things more easy to handle, since we are like tribes all around Facebook this would actually create a big group of scrubby players ;3. Just the perfect thing to have on a dying game :V.
On the lab I confirm J.[C] combos like a boss, but when I play casuals I start playing AC Sion QQ

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 01:54:37 AM »
Bloodheat is Argentina, right?

EDIT: Ohoho, it's a facebook group. :v
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:56:38 AM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
Until now only me and ScrawtVermillion could be mods, if someone else of us is interested we´ll tell you.

Offline jellyheaven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
    • View Profile
    • www.bloodheat.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »
Latin American subforum is not necessary. LA groups are divided just because ppl don't respect super simple stuff or have any sense of community at all. Just taking ScrawtVermillion group for example, the guys removed a lot of people from their group just because they were Argies, just coz Scrawt lose a few matches against me in a pathetic way after smacktalking and making a ton of unnecessary drama. So in that case I wouldn't recommend any of you guys to mod anything at all. About a subforum here, why even bother? There's a lot of previous and basic problems to resolve after this, like supporting the commnunity, idleing chatrooms and playing the game. Even control the offtopic on the game (there's a lot of so called MB LA communities that don't play or talk of MB at all).
I would see as an example of a good latinoamerican community at MeltyBrasil, the support and respect their players have is enviable, so naturally I would recommend Cristu as a mod if any LA subforum here is created.

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
Then what do you think is the best choice?
Let everything as it is right now?

For me that's not an option, one of the big faults of the community is giving up to lazyness and saying "the game is dead, it doesn't matter". The community needs to be united, otherwise the game will completely die in Latin America.

And about Cristu, if he wants to become a mod we don't have any problems with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:08:06 AM by heavymetalmixer »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
I guess the one thing I really don't get is that I don't see a usage case for the forum. What would it do that the current available options (Facebook groups, IRC, other forums) don't fulfill? I'm not really clear on this. I can't see it being used for matchmaking directly, a real-time system makes a lot more sense for that. I imagine that it would end up like the netplay community forum is now, except in Spanish and Portuguese. The other issue I have is that I'm not really sure if people would use it.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline jellyheaven

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
    • View Profile
    • www.bloodheat.com/
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »
I guess the one thing I really don't get is that I don't see a usage case for the forum. What would it do that the current available options (Facebook groups, IRC, other forums) don't fulfill? I'm not really clear on this. I can't see it being used for matchmaking directly, a real-time system makes a lot more sense for that. I imagine that it would end up like the netplay community forum is now, except in Spanish and Portuguese. The other issue I have is that I'm not really sure if people would use it.

Maybe the only reason I see it would be good to have an LA subforum, is just to have a reference point for starters, I mean, a place where LA players could find information in their language about the game, netplay requirements, chats and other players. All this based on MBread popularity as an occidental forum for MeltyBlood when you search on google, etc. About subforum activity I don't think if people would use it too much, but is a nice thing to have at least to orient new players, knowing that one of the main problems of the game here is to find reliable ppl and information to ask about installation, netplay, etc.

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »

Maybe the only reason I see it would be good to have an LA subforum, is just to have a reference point for starters, I mean, a place where LA players could find information in their language about the game, netplay requirements, chats and other players. All this based on MBread popularity as an occidental forum for MeltyBlood when you search on google, etc. About subforum activity I don't think if people would use it too much, but is a nice thing to have at least to orient new players, knowing that one of the main problems of the game here is to find reliable ppl and information to ask about installation, netplay, etc.

This is one of the main reasons. New players are always needed for a community to grow and to become more popular.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:22:44 PM by heavymetalmixer »

Offline ScrawtVermillion

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 2b or not 2b,that is the question
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »

Maybe the only reason I see it would be good to have an LA subforum, is just to have a reference point for starters.

That's basically what we're asking for, it is better to have a subforum for new people from Latin America where they can find all the information needed in their own language while they think "Hey, this guys actually play near my country, good shit!", and for some reason I prefer forums because everything seems more organized instead of ton of random information all over the place (that's just me tho  :V). It really sounds like a good idea we can try, I mean the LA community is big enough to use this forum properly if we want to. I don't really see any inconveniences regarding a subforum for LA.
On the lab I confirm J.[C] combos like a boss, but when I play casuals I start playing AC Sion QQ

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
Some buddies told me that they posted more comments in this thread, which just don't appear. Even just a few of them told me that there's a captcha system to reply. Is this some kind of bug?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »
Some buddies told me that they posted more comments in this thread, which just don't appear. Even just a few of them told me that there's a captcha system to reply. Is this some kind of bug?
There is a captcha required when a new user makes their first post. There are some additional firewall settings... hell, even I've managed to hit it a couple of times. I would tell people to report it... but that's kind of hard.  :gonk: Do you have more information about the exact errors that they are seeing?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 02:58:55 AM »
I already asked, and . . . well, it's just that, the captcha system and that their post just don't get posted. For the moment there aren't any other problems.

Offline Brunestud1123

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »
Hi i'm from Mexico.
I support the idea of LA Subforum but what do you think if we use this topic?
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/melty-blood-en-latinoamerica-official-thread%28spanish%29/

It has not been active for a long time but we can use it again. What do you think?

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »
Hi i'm from Mexico.
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/melty-blood-en-latinoamerica-official-thread%28spanish%29/

It has not been active for a long time but we can use it again. What do you think?

Though is a good idea to attract the players of that thead (if someone is alive), one single thread isn't enough, tahts why we're asking for a subforum.

Offline Brunestud1123

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »
Hi i'm from Mexico.

Though is a good idea to attract the players of that thead (if someone is alive), one single thread isn't enough, tahts why we're asking for a subforum.
Ah ok, i see.
Well, let's hope that they approve the subforum :)

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
Pero vos queres un sub foro dentro de meltybread o uno nuevo?

tapata tapita

Argentina MB fighter

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
Pero vos queres un sub foro dentro de meltybread o uno nuevo?

tapata tapita

Uno dentro de Melty Bread claro, debido a que no tenemos forma de hacer uno propio.