hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Random matchup play?  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Random matchup play?
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
Any plans to implement something like this in future versions of Caster?  I'm a huge fan of this game but don't get much online play because of the hassle of searching Hamachi groups and IMing a load of people for games.  If there were random matchups (or an online lobby, although that's less feasible), it might help revive online a bit.

Offline Litius Arc

• Apprentice
  • I AM IN DESPAAAIIR!
    • View Profile
Re: Random matchup play?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, such a feature is already technically implimented. A dedicated Matchmaker IP could be set up, that you could connect to via standby, and by introduced to another player who also wishes to fight a random person. The problem is that there is no dedicated IP for matchmaking (that I know of).

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:35:23 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, such a feature is already technically implimented. A dedicated Matchmaker IP could be set up, that you could connect to via standby, and by introduced to another player who also wishes to fight a random person. The problem is that there is no dedicated IP for matchmaking (that I know of).

That was my thought.  I don't know how much stress it'd put on the dedicated IP, though.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »
Just go to IRC and ask for matches. It's basically a lobby, though an indirect one.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »
That would be too annoying with lag and stuff. You'd end up connecting to delay 5+ half the time. Just join a damn IRC channel, there's plenty. Hamachi is garbage. Alternatively camp /jp/ for the daily MB thread if you want to play scrubs.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
That would be too annoying with lag and stuff. You'd end up connecting to delay 5+ half the time. Just join a damn IRC channel, there's plenty. Hamachi is garbage. Alternatively camp /jp/ for the daily MB thread if you want to play scrubs.

True, but the last time I played a guy on IRC he ran an endless Sion blockstring on me.  I've played this game, like, a dozen times total against other players.  I'm not on that level yet.

Plus, 4chan is down again.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
Y'know, there's no shame in saying "Hey, I'm not that good and I don't want to play someone a lot better than me." Someone'd have to be a real asshat to not respect that.

Also, your proposed solution here wouldn't fix that problem in the slightest.

Offline solshido

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 01:45:41 AM »

True, but the last time I played a guy on IRC he ran an endless Sion blockstring on me.  I've played this game, like, a dozen times total against other players.  I'm not on that level yet.

Plus, 4chan is down again.

I think you know this already, but the sentence that you wrote really killed what you where trying to ask. why play random if you anit ready to throw down with people who battle as if it a dog fight. It like say im going to work but ill go when i ready to go. have some resolve,know what you want to do before you decide to do things such as this.  :V :V :prinny:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:47:22 AM by solshido »

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »
After a while the veterans get sick of playing noobs, especially the same noob over and over again.  Random would help mix it up a bit, at least a little.

But hey, if you're up for a bit of combo practice against a large moving target, I'm always up for a old-school matchup.  Too bad it isn't always available, though.