hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBCaster (Netplay Tool)  (Read 154174 times)

Offline SpitefulCrow

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: MBCaster (Netplay Tool)
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
Trying to play with 1.03 patch installed, and the newest netplay.  It's not patch a, i clean installed it, ran the nocd patch and 1.03 patch and everything.  Debug mode has mbac show up on the taskbar, but never boots the game up.  When trying to do netplay, after typing in the buffer it does the same thing for me and friend.  It just does not boot the game up.  Any idea?

This is the exact problem I'm having, but happens regardless of version. If you figure anything out. please let me know. I'll do the same.

Offline Rizzen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
maybe we have to wait for new version or something =/  anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?  There are NO error messages whatsoever throughout this process.

heres whats in my mbacwin folder if that helps =/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:39:21 PM by Rizzen »

Offline Kiripsan

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »
Recommended order is to run the 1.03 patch FIRST, then the NOCD patch.

That's all I got.

Otherwise, make sure you go into caster_config and turn vista compatibility on if you need to (change 0 to 1 in line that says Vista(something) = 0)
Hamachi name - Tsukasa is my wife
xP

Offline Rizzen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2007, 06:52:13 PM »
did that, no luck.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
you copied the source files instead ?

Offline Tuxedo717

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
hmmm i have the same prob

running on vista

got the latest version of mbcaster (september 10th)
copied the config_caster.ini, info.ini, and mbcaster.exe files into the MBACWIN folder, went to ecole's website and updated to 1.03a

double click the main MBAC app and make sure controls are ok, set it to windowed just to be sure, then exit that config window

start up mbcaster and press 9 to go into debug menu (like the readme says to) says the port ip address is the 127.0.0.1 (which is loopback)

then MBACWIN starts on the taskbar and it says mbacPC.exe has stopped working (vista's generic "program needs to close" message) and the game closes before even showing anything

caster stays working, however, and doesnt freeze (just refreshes its main menu)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »
went to ecole's website and updated to 1.03a

Taken from the OP:
The latest version was released September 10th, 2007, for MB:AC ver.B version 1.03. There is currently no application that works with 1.03a; an update is forthcoming.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:25:30 PM by Devereaux »

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2007, 07:25:42 PM »
theres a new version of the patch now that supports 1.03a upgrade to that.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 07:28:16 PM »
Then I don't know what to tell ya. All the steps he posted are right in line with what needs to be done.

Offline Tuxedo717

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »
ah, when i updated MBAC to 103a the first time it must not have went through correctly...

when running in windowed mode it only said 1.03 and at the time i thought maybe it just didnt put the a at the end

but i re-applied the melty blood 103a patch, and it now says 1.03A in the windowed mode's title bar...

tried out mbcaster and it works!

so that's my advice....make sure your MBACWIN's windowed mode shows 1.03A in the title bar, and of course make sure you have the latest version of caster (look at the changelog and see if its up to Sept. 10ths version)

thanks guys :D

so how do you get this to work with hamachi? i have hamachi already set up and have tried REact netplay a while back so i have the groundwork...

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »
you would just use the hamachi IP's instead when joining the game also there is a sept 11th version of MBCaster which mainly has support for 1.03a not sure what else is changed/fixed.

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Now I've lost it. I know I can kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
The update probably didn't work correctly because MBCaster was open when you applied the patch. MBCaster binds mbacPC.exe, so it doesn't get updated.

Offline Rizzen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »
does anyone have that wiki that gave suggested delays for ms times?

Offline SpitefulCrow

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »
does anyone have that wiki that gave suggested delays for ms times?

Did you get it working? Please tell me, what did you do?

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2007, 08:48:11 PM »
you would just use the hamachi IP's instead when joining the game also there is a sept 11th version of MBCaster which mainly has support for 1.03a not sure what else is changed/fixed.

......No need to use Hamachi with the relay function.  :slowpoke:

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »
Actually, relay isn't perfect. My friend and I tried to connect, and we ended up connecting to different people. =/

Maybe I'm using the relay wrong.

Offline loq

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »
Hey, I'd like to know if it would be possible to get A+B and A+B+C combo keys added in the keyboard config. I guess not many people use them but I noticed someone else requested them earlier in this thread, and I miss them from MBR.

Awesome job by the way, I was really excited when I heard someone was going to use caster's code to make a MBAC netplay prog. Also, any plans for 2v2 stuff? (sorry if this has already been brought up...)

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »
Hey, I'd like to know if it would be possible to get A+B and A+B+C combo keys added in the keyboard config. I guess not many people use them but I noticed someone else requested them earlier in this thread, and I miss them from MBR.

Awesome job by the way, I was really excited when I heard someone was going to use caster's code to make a MBAC netplay prog. Also, any plans for 2v2 stuff? (sorry if this has already been brought up...)
I think 4 player Netplay would be horrible like reaaalllly far beyond bad like wanting to play MBR netplay 1v1 on dialup  bad . . .

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
1v1 tag team i'd like...

Offline mrthefter

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »
I don't think a 2v2 tag team would be worse than it already is, though. Although you'd be spectator for half the match..=/

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »

# Keyboard inputs. Check keycodes.txt for appropiate numbers.
kLeft=0xCB
kRight=0xCD
kUp=0xC8
kDown=0xD0
kA=0x1E
kB=0x1F
kC=0x20
kD=0x12
kQ=0x10 -> This is A+B+C together.
kAD=0x11 -> This is A+D.

No idea about A+B though
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »
A+B, A+B+C keyboard shortcuts would be technically trivial to add, but they aren't in standard MBAC and I'm sticking to the official format. Many people hate shortcuts, so I'm not taking a stance either way.

About 2vs2, no, it won't happen. Not because it wouldn't be playable, assuming decent pings on all sides, but because it would require massive modifications to the network protocol, which I am most definitely not going to do for a "joke" mode. Tag mode may be implemented in the future.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »
A+B, A+B+C keyboard shortcuts would be technically trivial to add, but they aren't in standard MBAC and I'm sticking to the official format. Many people hate shortcuts, so I'm not taking a stance either way.

About 2vs2, no, it won't happen. Not because it wouldn't be playable, assuming decent pings on all sides, but because it would require massive modifications to the network protocol, which I am most definitely not going to do for a "joke" mode. Tag mode may be implemented in the future.
A+B is actually still used among even some of the top players.  Veteru, for example, uses A+B.  A+D and A+B+C are irrelevant with the addition of the Q button though, since it works as both heat and throw.

Anyways, I request that A+B be added, since I heavily use it for easier IADs and such.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »
A+B is actually still used among even some of the top players.  Veteru, for example, uses A+B.  A+D and A+B+C are irrelevant with the addition of the Q button though, since it works as both heat and throw.

Anyways, I request that A+B be added, since I heavily use it for easier IADs and such.
A+B shortcut doesn't exist on keyboard. (If I'm mistaken, then by all means do tell me, but I couldn't find it and others confirmed it wasn't there) Hence no top players use A+B on keyboard, because, well, it isn't there. All shortcuts still work normally on pad, as long as they aren't disabled in the controls configuration window. Is it "unfair" that keyboard players don't get some shortcuts? Maybe, but that's for Ecole to decide, not me.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
i dont think top players shouldnt even use the shortcuts, cuz that isn't how the arcade setup is like.