When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

The Diaspora > NetPlay Community

MBCaster (Netplay Tool)

(1/56) > >>

Tropsy:
MBCaster has been updated as of December 26th, 2007. If you are running an older version it is highly advised to update.

Hey guys, I made this thing you can use to play online. It's still in testing stages, but it's relatively playable -- you can get the latest version from the MBCaster homepage on Melty Breadthe MBCaster homepage on sandwich.net.

Disclaimer: 99.9% of the credit for this goes to the author of Caster. I just took his really, really awesome netplay tool and made it work with MBAC. Not that it was trivial, but still.

FAQ:
1) Jesus christ! It exploded after game started!
A: Make sure you have the latest version (1.03a as of now)

2) How do I use keyboard controls?
A: Set inputDevice to 255 in config_caster.ini

3) ERROR : mbacPC start failed.
A: Put the MBCaster files in the same folder mbacPC.exe is in.

Relay Information by Bellreisa

Hello, I would like to announce that the relay that we use for IaMP and SWR Caster now supports MBCaster as well. A quick explanation: relay is option 7, which allows you both parties who are unable to directly connect to each other to initiate a connection via a third party and then tunnel through to each other. This is not like Hamachi, where data is sent through someone else; you are still ultimately directly connecting, but using a host to initate the connection.

To use the relay, first make sure neither side can host (if either side can it's easier to just use option 2). Both parties should select option 7, enter port 7500 UDP, and then this IP: 209.237.242.30 208.83.220.135, which is the server where the relay is hosted. You should see the prompts "Now waiting for introduction" and "now waiting for response", and it will connect as normal if successful. If you time out with the relay then you may need to resort to Hamachi or figure out how to port forward properly. In order to facilitate spectating, MB Caster will print out the IP and port that you are connected on for you to copy and paste to other people once you are connected. Hope this helps.

n00b Help by Commander Arly

If you're wondering where to get your IP address from, you can use a website like whatismyip.org or ipchicken.com, or download the Gateway IP Monitor from Netikus.

Bola:
ERROR: mbacPC start failed.  QQ

SynSid:
<3 Tropsy

Twinniss:
genius

some1 give tropsy a cookie

Sledeau:
Me and Psy tried this out, we'd time out when the match started. I also noticed that I'd time out on pretty much all of my other net stuff. I usually see this happen with stuff that uses a ton of bandwidth, maybe there's some issue here that doesn't agree with our routers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version