When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBCaster (Netplay Tool)  (Read 154113 times)

Offline MarGeta

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: MBCaster (Netplay Tool)
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »
good stuff tropsy. I can finally play non-Europeans

Tropsy 1 - the big annoying ocean 0

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »
Not to sound like a complete idiot here, but just how does this thing work? I have no idea what options I and my friend are supposed to press to actually get a match going, anything we ever do timeout and we don't even know if we're doing it right.

Any kind of instruction would help.

NOTE: THIS LINK IS SPECIFICALLY FOR IAMP, NOT MELTY BLOOD
For instructions go here: http://iamp.mizuumi.net/index.php/Netplay

But the general low down is if you want to play, you'll need one hoster and one person who'll connect to the hoster.

The person who hosts will press 1 then enter. The person whos going to join that game needs to press 2 then enter. After pressing 2, type in the hoster's ip and press enter again to connect. One of you will get a message that says to enter the delay rate. Depending on how far you guys are, press any number between 1-6. The link above has a nice chart for what the delays are reccomended for.

Hope that wasn't too confusing >_>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:05:50 PM by bellreisa »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Ecksen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »
Anyone else that's getting problems with a Vista machine? :-\
Game boots fine in single player but when we try to connect (one Vista machine and one XP) it won't work properly. More elaborate; if the Vista machine hosts the XP connects fine but the Vista can't chose frame data and just freezes. If the XP hosts the Vista machine's netplay program crashes as he connects.
If the Vista machine tries to run 9 (Debug) it'll show
Error: mbacpc setpath failed
Error: wait for debug event

Offline Calibur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
Not to sound like a complete idiot here, but just how does this thing work? I have no idea what options I and my friend are supposed to press to actually get a match going, anything we ever do timeout and we don't even know if we're doing it right.

Any kind of instruction would help.

For specific instructions go here: http://iamp.mizuumi.net/index.php/Netplay

But the general low down is if you want to play, you'll need one hoster and one person who'll connect to the hoster.

The person who hosts will press 1 then enter. The person whos going to join that game needs to press 2 then enter. After pressing 2, type in the hoster's ip and press enter again to connect. One of you will get a message that says to enter the delay rate. Depending on how far you guys are, press any number between 1-6. The link above has a nice chart for what the delays are reccomended for.

Hope that wasn't too confusing >_>

Nope, that's fine, thanks for the link too, we finally know what we're doing. Only problem now is that when we try to connect we get the Error CharInit() Failed. It happens to us both when we try to use the debug mode and I just reinstalled MBAC with fresh settings, patched to 1.03 Still getting the error in debug.

I guess it's hopeless.

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:57 PM »
you're both using keyboard setting (255) in the ini, right?
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 12:48:39 PM »
Alright, another friend is trying to host and he's not behind a router. He's updated to 1.03 and extracted the files to the game's folder. So all he has to do is give me his ip to connect to him right? Well it just so happens after I connect to his ip and we pick a delay, the game starts up and then closes itself due to some error (I think it's an initialization error). Any solutions?
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »
For all of the PPL who are having issues w/ getting the app to locate your exe note that the files MUST be extracted in the same directory as your EXE !!! ... Hopefully later on you can execute the netplay patch meanwhile it is not located in the MBACPC dir.

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
Umm is there any way to run the game in Full Screen mode?? When I run in window mode I get low FPS cuz my comp is shit.

To the Dev -- Could you plz allow us to fully customize the options provided from the original exe aka) 16&32 bit colors, screen mode, and texture format in one of your future releases.  This will help a lot :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:00:44 PM by philco »

Offline SynSid

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 01:16:17 PM »
Anyone else that's getting problems with a Vista machine? :-\
Game boots fine in single player but when we try to connect (one Vista machine and one XP) it won't work properly. More elaborate; if the Vista machine hosts the XP connects fine but the Vista can't chose frame data and just freezes. If the XP hosts the Vista machine's netplay program crashes as he connects.
If the Vista machine tries to run 9 (Debug) it'll show
Error: mbacpc setpath failed
Error: wait for debug event

Exact same problem, and yes, I am running a Vista machine.  Only solution I can think of is dual booting to XP (which I am having problems with at the moment)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 01:16:58 PM »
Umm is there any way to run the game in Full Screen mode?? When I run in window mode I get low FPS cuz my comp is shit.

To the Dev -- Could you plz allow us to fully customize the options provided from the original exe aka) 16&32 bit colors, screen mode, and texture format in one of your future releases.  This will help a lot :D

I'm pretty sure you can change those options before starting netplay. Then when you connect your game will have those options on
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can change those options before starting netplay. Then when you connect your game will have those options on

I think that you can change the screen mode by setting it to zero ... just looked at the ini more in depth now.  But thats all I see in terms of options.

Erum I was wondering ... Whats with the title screen mod w/ Happy B Day Len??  -- Is there a way to remove it?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »
The sprite art is there to commemorate her b-day. It will be gone tomorrow or of you're too impatient, just change the date on your computer.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
The sprite art is there to commemorate her b-day. It will be gone tomorrow or of you're too impatient, just change the date on your computer.

Hmm I didn't know about that :S  I figured it was just there for the hell of it.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 02:17:39 PM »
I'm notorious for hating netplay, and even I have to say well done.

puKKa

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 03:07:32 PM »
Anyone who knows any way to bind custom keyboard keys for the netplay? The one used for MBR(That also worked for normal MBAC) does not work when using netplay.
It's not supported yet. Future versions will allow customizing them in the .ini.

<3

would it be possible to add some solution to make it able to reg both keyboard input and joystick?

Anyhow, sometimes I get some kind of bug that makes a beep every time you press a button while in the game. Selecting mIRC and then MBAC again fixes it so it's not really a problem but got any clue of what causes it?

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
So, I have all the Caster files extracted to where MBAC.exe is.

Yet, I still get MBacPCpath set failed Wait for Debug error

lolwut  :slowpoke:

Offline zawp

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »
Great stuff. Was able to play with a friend of mine in Europe with no problems. Like a few other people, I'm also having problems when trying to run it under Windows Vista, however my WinXP partition works fine.

As a side note, a keyboard using friend of mine wanted to know if it would be possible to allow people to remap the A+B and A+B+C combo keys.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 03:39:23 PM »
I was doing some testing with different things on my PC's trying to get my stick to work without joy2key(no luck but joy2key works much better on this than MBR probably something to do with the interpiter) anyways i noticed that it was lagging a bit the inputs on client PC had allmsot a 1 second delay and the host pc had a slight delay, what i did to fix this was changed the priority level to above average priority on the host PC and this fixed the problem the lagg(most of it) is gone now(i was using 1 delay or whatever for all my testing). you should know that when i did the same to the client PC it caused more lagg.  I think this needs to be tested i only have one dual core system which was the host PC so theres is a possibility that since the client was a single core it just lagged more than helped this might fix some lagg issues some may have. . .  i think

Offline Kiripsan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »

Can't seem to get rid of this error no matter what I do in config_caster and redownloads.

Btw, awesome effort. I've heard great things about this netplay from my friend and I look forward to getting it to work.

/bow Tropsy
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:19:17 PM by Kiripsan »
Hamachi name - Tsukasa is my wife
xP

Offline zawp

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
Press 'view problem details', then copy/paste the fault module name and the exception offset.

Personally, I've had several crashes running under Windows Vista from WINMM.dll, at offset 000043ee.

Offline Kiripsan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   mbcaster.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   00000000
  Fault Module Name:   WINMM.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6000.16386
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4549be1d
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000043ee
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1041
  Additional Information 1:   8460
  Additional Information 2:   9089f4d492019f7232c8098421a9f7ab
  Additional Information 3:   a08b
  Additional Information 4:   86d13f15e157fdb45eab498dd95fcbd5

The funny thing is that IAMP's netplay works completely fine...
Strange~
Hamachi name - Tsukasa is my wife
xP

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 04:30:52 PM »
excellent i was just  talkin about when  netplaying becomign available and bam!!!! today i woke up and its there!!! i played today and excellent work
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:49:34 PM by DesertCoffin »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 04:31:35 PM »
godsend
thundering waterfalls

Offline Danielsan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • ころころ
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »
Good stuff, big thanks!
Works perfectly fine up to now, haven't experienced any bugs. And straight 60FPS (where I usually had 30 with MBR) wthax :O

Thanks also go to mrThefter for notifying us in our channel ;D

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
Keith, Spirit Juice, Lolly, Twinniss, Dakanya (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Man, the member count is gonna skyrocket because of netplay, I bet.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.