hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: mbcaster doesn't run mbacPC~  (Read 10484 times)

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: mbcaster doesn't run mbacPC~
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
The thing is, I have this visual style, too and it's working here. But there might be uncommon interferences in his computer. I once bought a nVIDIA GPU and it simply didn't work with my mainboard. It's a mistery (not pictured).

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 06:34:23 AM »
Seems Vista SP1 is causing hell on Caster.

Thanks, Microsoft.

I'll be looking into that today, blargh.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
Problem is only for IaMP Caster. Has nothing to do with MBAC's Caster problems.

Well, if someone's got problems with MBAC's Caster, contact me on IRC, I'm idling away on EFNet.

Offline Karavision

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »
Hey, I am having a problem like this as well. I am running Vista, but have not updated sevice packs. Melty runs without a hitch single payer but when I try and start the Caster program; It runs, I choose debug and Melty starts up. It gets no further than creating a tab at the bottom task bar before windows gives me an error message stating that the program has stopped running. Then it gives me the option to shut it down. No Idea why it does this.

Any Ideas? I know that it is patched to 1.03.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »
Do any of you go to IRC somewhere? This is something I'd rather deal with in a more direct manner than over forums, as this has been getting me absolutely nowhere.

I probably have an MBCaster build on the way soon anyhow as a rather critical port bug was pointed out to me the other day, but if I can get this fixed at the same time that would be good shit.

Offline Karavision

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 05:22:36 PM »

I have IRC. Just tell me where to go.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 10:53:02 PM »
Hop by irc.mizuumi.net #seriousbusiness sometime and PM me or say my name or something to get my attention. I'm available most of the time up until about 2am or thereabouts, if I don't respond then wait awhile.

Offline Karavision

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 06:20:16 PM »
Sorry to be a dork, but which server to I connect to initially to get to that room? I am using MIRC and have never used it before.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 10:44:32 PM »
irc.mizuumi.net , it won't be in the default listings, so you'll have to add it yourself. Or, when you get to the server window, you can just enter: /server irc.mizuumi.net

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Any day now, guys.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »
Having finally dealt with some people with issues on Vista now... It seems that the 1.03A patcher has problems with some installs there.

Please run the game normally and check the version number on the top of the setup window that pops up first. It should be 1.03A. Don't trust the patcher itself. Additionally, mbacPC.exe should be 842,448 bytes.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »
Hm, I have no problems but my mbacPC.exe is 872,488 bytes large. Mistype at your place or is my MB weird? =0

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
Er.. Yeah, 872488. Brainfart.

If that still isn't the problem I'm still saying get your butts on IRC and contact me so I can fix it.

Offline Sexy Mallard

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2008, 10:24:11 PM »
hey, im having a problem too, I got a new computer recently (custom built) and I know that the patch is installed before i installed netplay, however, Im having the same problem as anyone in the thread, game works flawlessly but I cant seem to play online  :mystery:, here is my pic.

Im running Windows XP on a 2.14Ghz Dual Core Processor with 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 3856135631 card (forgot but its really nice but not 9800 or anythin)

thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:26:36 PM by Sexy Mallard »

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 01:14:45 AM »
Well someone FINALLY came onto IRC to help debug this. No one who's posted here, of course. Thanks for the help, guys. This is why it never gets anything fixed. Hell, maybe I should just link to the webchat to get the point across.

Anyway. I spent a couple hours on it but couldn't find the source of the problem itself, because it's not Caster. I can remove everything Caster does except for the most basic, trivial of debugging hooks, and MBAC still explodes. That means that running the program in a debugger period causes this problem. So, as I suspected, something in the system itself is getting in the way of Caster working. But I still don't have a clue what, and I don't have a clue how to fix this problem at this time. Perhaps someone feels like braving the horrors of OllyDbg and seeing what they can turn up through it.

I'll do more research some other time, it's getting much too late now...

Edit: Idea came to me late at night. Try this build. This is completely untested, it might blow up, you're warned. Didn't work, never mind.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 03:03:00 PM by mauve »

Offline Sexy Mallard

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:19 PM »
Well someone FINALLY came onto IRC to help debug this. No one who's posted here, of course. Thanks for the help, guys. This is why it never gets anything fixed. Hell, maybe I should just link to the webchat to get the point across.

Anyway. I spent a couple hours on it but couldn't find the source of the problem itself, because it's not Caster. I can remove everything Caster does except for the most basic, trivial of debugging hooks, and MBAC still explodes. That means that running the program in a debugger period causes this problem. So, as I suspected, something in the system itself is getting in the way of Caster working. But I still don't have a clue what, and I don't have a clue how to fix this problem at this time. Perhaps someone feels like braving the horrors of OllyDbg and seeing what they can turn up through it.

I'll do more research some other time, it's getting much too late now...

Edit: Idea came to me late at night. Try this build. This is completely untested, it might blow up, you're warned. Didn't work, never mind.

is this for the problem I posted? if so, thanks for trying.