When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: netplay help please  (Read 5529 times)

Offline RedMoon

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
netplay help please
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
i have been playing mb for a year now and i just want to start online play. i have just downloaded the latest version of mbcaster(070912b) from this site, i have read the readme but i still don't know how to connect to a server (like the IP thing, room, command.etc)
please help me

Offline roadmanb

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: netplay help please
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 04:03:15 PM »
try to read the netplay discussion board first before starting a new thread.... you can test the mbcaster using the relay IP.
Open mbcaster, press 7 then enter, then 7500 for port then enter and finally the type the IP given in the thread and enter again.
There should be a 'waiting for introduction' if it works
then you just wait for a challenge i guess

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:29:21 PM »
I highly suggest you use Mbcaster.
here are instructions:
First you need to download(dl) Hamachi

http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

While you r "dl"ing it a made you this to read.
hamachi is a VPN (virtual private network) program that allows one to play another in many games across the internet while the games think you are playing on a network.
You will recieve another IP address (it wont mess up your old one.) and it will show up on the top of the client.
when hosting people will use this IP address.
When joining you will see there IP address and you will connect to it.
To play MBAC

any way there are networks you can join (servers)

Threre a lot for MBAC but alot are full.

Once you are connected you dont get disconnected.
(unless you want to)
when you shut it down and turn it back on you will regain the same members as you did before

Well now that you read my Hamachi tutorial have fun.

If you need anymore help you know where to find me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:32:32 PM by NinjaNero »
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
May want to try this don't know heard good and bad about it.

Download link
http://guillaume.fournier6.free.fr/mbac/WaryasMBCasterv0.2.rar

Forum link
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=716.0
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline RedMoon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
alright thanks a lot ninjanero, hope some days we will play together

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 03:47:23 AM »
alright thanks a lot ninjanero, hope some days we will play together

Will do!
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline DisposableHero

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »
Hello, all. I'm having some trouble connecting with the Netplay device MBCaster. I have Hamachi, and I am currently in one of the Melty Blood rooms. So all I have to do is press 7, then type 7500, and then the IP of someone in the room in order to play them? Because I've tried that, but I get a message that says ERROR : TIMEOUT <Access>. Anyone know what the problem is?

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »
Hello, all. I'm having some trouble connecting with the Netplay device MBCaster. I have Hamachi, and I am currently in one of the Melty Blood rooms. So all I have to do is press 7, then type 7500, and then the IP of someone in the room in order to play them? Because I've tried that, but I get a message that says ERROR : TIMEOUT <Access>. Anyone know what the problem is?
all you have to do is type 2 (7 is standby) then their ip address which can be found if you r chatting with them on top of the chat menu.
(or you could 1 and they could type 2 and your IP)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
eh why did you even suggest hamachi

this is what you do, you get irc you goto either #srm in irc.pyoko.org or #mbac in irc.efnet.net

you ask people who wants to play you and hopefully some1 will accept. If one of you can host using choice 1 then one person hosts and gives their ip to the other person and they connect to that ip using choice 2

if neither can host then you use standby(choice 7)and connect to one of the relay ips.

if this doesn't work then connecting any other way would probably be the most laggiest games you will ever play

oh and lol at trying to relay in a room using hamachi. btw relay merely helps people connect to people. they connect to an ip address that have the relay code and then connect to each other. when you tried to relay in hamachi it couldnt find that relay ip address
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 05:34:24 PM »
eh why did you even suggest hamachi

this is what you do, you get irc you goto either #srm in irc.pyoko.org or #mbac in irc.efnet.net

you ask people who wants to play you and hopefully some1 will accept. If one of you can host using choice 1 then one person hosts and gives their ip to the other person and they connect to that ip using choice 2

if neither can host then you use standby(choice 7)and connect to one of the relay ips.

if this doesn't work then connecting any other way would probably be the most laggiest games you will ever play

oh and lol at trying to relay in a room using hamachi. btw relay merely helps people connect to people. they connect to an ip address that have the relay code and then connect to each other. when you tried to relay in hamachi it couldnt find that relay ip address
I run Hamachi, And i connect to people almost everyday with it and i can relay through it just fine, and I have never had any lag through it at all. Even when playing with people with not-so-good computers. (sorry Kix) (whom i play almost everyday.)
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline micxiao

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:52:31 PM »
but hamachi is not a must, if im not wrong.

it only simulates a local area connection.

so i guess it's only useful if, for some reason, a connection cannot be established through the internet

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 02:21:21 AM »
but hamachi is not a must, if im not wrong.

it only simulates a local area connection.

so i guess it's only useful if, for some reason, a connection cannot be established through the internet
No it is not nessary i have played on straight IP addressing before (but it was on a straight LAN.) and hamachi actually simulates a VPN not a LAN.
Most likely you will not be able to just insert that persons IP addres and expect it to connect over the Internet it is possible but unlikely, due to multiple IP addresses on the Internet.
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Konata is watching you :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »
Dot dot dot.

Each IP address should be unique, baring some unique cases.  I've been able to connect to almost anyone I've encountered, if not directly then through the relay server, except for one case.  Hamachi is, as micxiao stated, in no way required in order to play using MBCaster, and most of the time is not needed.