The Diaspora > NetPlay Community

Relay

<< < (2/6) > >>

f-wlen ice loop:
Okay fagbusters

Relay has anti-camping implemented

Don't make us implement permabans

Pink:
Just for the record... the TempBan probably shouldn't be induced so quickly... I rely a lot on the relay in order to connect to people, but sometimes it likes to be weird and decide to give timeouts after "Now Waiting for Response" and then randomly allow one to finally connect... While trying to connect to a friend I got temp-banned thrice before it finally stopped giving timeouts... it was a bit of a nuisance.

The anti-camping programming is definitely appreciated, I just think it's a little too strict at the moment. (Used to get a ridiculous amount of relay campers last month.) My friends are also rather... slow... most of the time, so 30 seconds often isn't even enough for them to finally try to connect... =>.>=

Just a couple ideas is all.

AntiJDS:
After I input the Relay IP it says "Input Target IP" Instead of "Now awaiting introduction".

orochiwolf:
That happened to me too. I put the IP that the Relay requests, and I think it worked. If not, then something's wrong.
--- Quote from: PPF-Homestar on January 12, 2008, 04:05:32 PM ---After I input the Relay IP it says "Input Target IP" Instead of "Now awaiting introduction".

--- End quote ---

All of that happened to me too. Type in the IP requested by bellreisa in the first post. It should work then, if it doesn't, erm, uhh, I forgot what I did to get it to work. :slowpoke:

AntiJDS:

--- Quote from: orochiwolf on January 12, 2008, 04:44:16 PM ---That happened to me too. I put the IP that the Relay requests, and I think it worked. If not, then something's wrong.
--- Quote from: PPF-Homestar on January 12, 2008, 04:05:32 PM ---After I input the Relay IP it says "Input Target IP" Instead of "Now awaiting introduction".

--- End quote ---

All of that happened to me too. Type in the IP requested by bellreisa in the first post. It should work then, if it doesn't, erm, uhh, I forgot what I did to get it to work. :slowpoke:

--- End quote ---
OK Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version