When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Replacement for the old casterstats program  (Read 4132 times)

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Replacement for the old casterstats program
« on: June 09, 2010, 04:52:46 AM »
So I've recently been playing a fair bit of MBAC online, and heard about this old app called casterstats that didn't work...well, at all.  Assumed you were always player 1, mistook Sion for V.Sion, and so on.  So I decided to whip up a replacement for it.  If you don't have .NET installed it'll ask you to do so, but other than that it's worked for everyone I've had test it so far.

Just install it to wherever you have MBAC installed, then run mashystats.exe and type in your name.  It'll save your general stats to one file, and stats vs. specific opponents to additional files.  If you've changed your name (or if your opponents change their names), you might want to use Ctrl+H to doctor the session log to make sure they stay the same throughout.

Download: http://midboss.eotmud.com/mashystats.zip

I make no guarantees it'll work for absolutely everyone, and all that usual jazz.

6/12/2010: Fixed a small bug with session totals/averages.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:59:35 PM by SparklyDemonLord »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement for the old casterstats program
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:57:06 AM »
Hurr. I'm trying this when I'm at home again. This could be pretty interesting.

Well, casterstats didn't work at all, that's right. Because it was developed while being offline for like one year and made out of boredom. I'm currently working on the next version with more features like your prog, but it makes no sense unless Actress Again is confirmed for PC. Because noone plays AC anymore and even more don't give a shit about stats from an outdated game.

I'll post more when I tested it.

Offline Danielsan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • ころころ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »
What Rowan said. We've got a whole lot of ideas to improve CasterStats and incorporate it better into a website, most of which being already done in private ages ago, but with the advent of MBAA we stopped bothering as it'd make no sense since only a few people would still care.
For a future for any Melty Blood statistics related project, let's hope there'll be a PC version of Actress Again soon and a working caster as good as the one for Act Cadenza.

@Rowan: Stop showing up when I'm cooking food.

Rowan: Oh yeah like I'm always the bad guy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:57:45 AM by Rowanism »

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
Just thought it wouldn't hurt to share what I came up with, didn't actually think anyone would notice, let alone care. :psyduck:

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
i hope the pc version is coming
Argentina MB fighter

Offline SparklyDemonLord

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
i hope the pc version is coming
let's hope there'll be a PC version of Actress Again soon and a working caster as good as the one for Act Cadenza.

It should go without saying I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.  I've been playing MBAC since I have nobody locally to play MBAA.  The nearest players I know of are like...  2 and a half hours away, which is too far for me to travel for casuals.  I have to go an hour and a half to find anyone who plays anything else, too.