hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The newest caster and Vista  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Yuri

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
The newest caster and Vista
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
http://mauve.sandwich.net/MBCaster.html

Download it, open the Zip, then browse the config_Caster.

There is no place to set Vista to 0 or 1.  Is this the backdoor way to keep people out?  People on Hamachi kept screaming, go download the new caster, but when you do and there is nothing to allow Vista then what can one do?  Even the compatibility trick to run it on Windows XP 2 doesn't work.

I read many of the posts in the caster thread and plenty of people had the error I have now where MBAC stops once you connect to someone and windows searches for a solution.  I have received someone's caster through email to see if setting Vista would fix anything, but no.  Do people who have Vista just not play this game?  I really want to play online a bit before August and I am starting to think playing on an old dusty PC with Windows XP is the only way.

If you have had this issue and found a way to solve it, I would appreciate it greatly if you can help.

Offline Cardboard Box

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Box
    • View Profile
Re: The newest caster and Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »
I have windows vista and caster works just fine for me so running vista definetely isn't your problem. Can you access the debug screen by pressing 9 in caster? If so it could be a firewall/port/router issue and if not it could be as simple as changing your  config_caster so it has the appropriate input device number (inputdevice=0 for a pad and inputdevice=255 for a keyboard).