When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Thinking about making a monthly Netplay tourney(or something anyway)  (Read 29849 times)

Offline roadmanb

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about making a monthly Netplay tourney(or something anyway)
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »
hmmm i played enhance on sunday and won already..... so does this mean i need to play kirby now?

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2008, 12:36:27 AM »
I won!!
yeah right im so bad i lost both rounds.
So im out.
Yeah for me!!
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2008, 08:11:54 AM »
Reminder to those still in the tournament: The Semifinals and Finals are taking place tonight at 10 PM east coast time! Don't be tardy, this will be the last night of the net play tournament! (Well, this one, at least)

People who need to show: r_o_m_c, Zar, HunterJonesJr, Dakanya
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Liquid MBR

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
Well now that its all over I have only a few coments so lets get started...
I had alot of fun and it was very intresting for my first ever net tourney and I learned alot. To all opponents I faced, you guys were tough and ggs to you all.
Secondly it was very lame to pit me and Hunter the very first match of the tourney but thats fine this is nothing new to us.
Now as for NinjaNero it seams both Colorado members placed higher then you ever could so theres ya responce you was so looking for.
Mad respect for LordPangTong for steping up and taking over as SWP disapeared.

There's room for only one snake, and one big boss!

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
I had alot of fun and it was very intresting for my first ever net tourney and I learned alot. To all opponents I faced, you guys were tough and ggs to you all.
Secondly it was very lame to pit me and Hunter the very first match of the tourney but thats fine this is nothing new to us.
Now as for NinjaNero it seams both Colorado members placed higher then you ever could so theres ya responce you was so looking for.

Well i agree with the first 3 senteces,
But i must demand a fight from Liquid MBR,
Because i do believe i can defeat you, In which case if i do you must recant that statement and claim me higher as you.
And yes this is a CHALLENGE.
Whenever is a good time for you let me know and ill be there.

P.S. Thats a lot of talk for somone with 2 posts.
AND NO INTRO POST!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.S. is there a full completed bracket anywhere?
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Konata is watching you :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
Quote from: NinjaNero

No.

Quote from: NinjaNero
[The rest of his post]

Rofl.

Offline HunterJonesJr

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2008, 11:28:01 AM »

Because i do believe i can defeat you, In which case if i do you must recant that statement and claim me higher as you.

Liquid not only placed higher than you, Nero, but he also took out the guy who organized, then left, this little tourney.  Does that not earn him the right to speak, even without a 'formal' intro yet?  I think that over the last 2 weekends we intro'd ourselves, and Colorado, quite well.  As for your challenge to Liquid, I will most definetly have to watch that but, no offence, I'd put money on Liquid right now that you will not win more than 3 out of 10 matches.  Just my opinion...

To everyone else, this was super-fun!  I have mad respect for everyone who showed and played their best, and took their losses without complaining, as I did.  Zar, you are excellent with Aoko and I fully enjoyed our match.  Dakanya, you are great also, but we are 1 and 1, my friend.  Unfinished business!!  (j/k)  Anyways, thanks to everyone for the experience, it was great!

Offline Liquid MBR

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »

NinjaNero I fully accept your challenge! Meet me in same server and room that the tourney was held I will be waiting there at exactly 10 pm east and we will do a first to 10 wins. And just to let you know.. Yes I have a total of 2 posts well 3 now... wooot! These posts do not rank skill.. Also note that because you never heard of me there is a few members on this forum that know of me or have played me since the days of Melty Blood React.. Today you will rue the day you challenged someone you have no clue about.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss!

Offline SacchinWantPie

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2008, 12:50:47 PM »
I'm very sorry i was unable to be there. I have had issues with work and moving suddenly.  I'm glad you guys were able to take care of things.  I will not have an internet connection for the next couple of weeks. Thats part of the reason I haven't posted before now.  Lord pang tong sent me most of the results for the winners bracket(thanks a lot for your work lord pang tong). I will try and put up rankings after the tournament is done. 

Again, I regret my absence. If you all will trust me to run another tournament then i will try to get another one together after i get an internet connection.  I really enjoy these type of group melty events. 

Thanks. ill cya

SWP

Offline HunterJonesJr

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »

And the results of this challenge: Liquid wins 10-0. 

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »

And the results of this challenge: Liquid wins 10-0. 
Thats was a fast post.
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."

Offline Enhance

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2008, 08:11:21 PM »
First up, sincere apologies to my opponents in rounds 2 and 3, HunterJonesJr and RoadmanB. I played some really bad Melty Blood that day and you guys never got to see my true power (a power which is usually very good). For this I am sorry. Overall though, it was a great experience, as I learned many new things and got to meet some new people and just generally got to know the community better. I hope these monthly tourneys will continue, and hope to see you all there and have a great time. Cheers.

Offline HunterJonesJr

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »
First up, sincere apologies to my opponents in rounds 2 and 3, HunterJonesJr and RoadmanB. I played some really bad Melty Blood that day and you guys never got to see my true power (a power which is usually very good). For this I am sorry. Overall though, it was a great experience, as I learned many new things and got to meet some new people and just generally got to know the community better. I hope these monthly tourneys will continue, and hope to see you all there and have a great time. Cheers.

Don't worry about it man, we all have our 'off' days.  I look foward to playing you again soon!

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

Don't worry about it man, we all have our 'off' days.  I look foward to playing you again soon!
Some of us more than others.
(and some of us all the time!) :V
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."