When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Worthwhile?  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Worthwhile?
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:52:06 PM »
How's the Net Play?  More specifically, how's the lag?  Is it worth getting?
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Worthwhile?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »
Considering it only works for ReAct, and it can lag pretty badly if you're even a couple states away from your opponent...prolly not so worthwhile right now.  Hopefully they get a better netplay for MBACpc though.  =\
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ikusat

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »
If you can get it to work with a reasonable framerate, it might be fun to play, however...  I'm inclined to say that learning how to play MBACvB2 in battle royale mode would be more constructive for learning how to play the actual game.  Netplay is a completely different beast from the original game.

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:50:42 PM »
It's pretty fun and I would say worthwhile. If you can't play melty blood offline with anyone else, netplay is the next best thing. Prepare to adjust a lot, though. First of all, you can only play ReAct right now, so combos and timing is all different. The other thing is that there is lag, and it slows down the game quite a bit. This makes some combos that can easily be executed in normal play, i.e. Satsuki's Ex-arm loop, very very hard to do. Even with all that, it's still a lot more fun than playing the crappy computer who never blocks on when getting up.

Jayd

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:29:28 AM »
It is worth. When i play with friends (some are from europe) we use a hight FS and we get a fps of 50. There is almost and somethime no lag at all. If its lag its minor. And its better than play versus comp all the time :P.

We even created an IRC channel on irc.deltaanime.net server and the channel is #meltyblood come join us ^^.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 07:33:28 AM »
It is worth. When i play with friends (some are from europe) we use a hight FS and we get a fps of 50. There is almost and somethime no lag at all. If its lag its minor. And its better than play versus comp all the time :P.

We even created an IRC channel on irc.deltaanime.net server and the channel is #meltyblood come join us ^^.
There's already #SRM on mint.sayuri.ca and it is the largest Melty netplay community in existence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 07:54:31 AM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:11:43 PM »
NEW NETPLAY FOR MBAC

Topic: http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=541.msg12143#msg12143

Relevant? Yes. MBR netplay is no longer worthwhile at all.