When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BigBangBeat 2nd  (Read 27418 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: BigBangBeat 2nd
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 10:48:08 PM »
Frontier Aja has released an alpha 2, if anyone is interested in continuing to keep up with their progress.  Just click the link that says "BBB2 web_v02.zip" just under the initial paragraph.  They've also posted a changelog, if anyone would like to attempt translation. 

変更点一覧

■共通
・2段ジャンプ時に相手の方を振り向くように変更。
・投げコマンドをA + B同時押しに変更。
・投げの発生フレームを変更。
・受身性能の調整。
・ヒット数表示を調整。受身可能なコンボの場合は、Beats表示が黒くなります(未調整)
・赤ゲージのデザインを変更。
・地上ガード、空中ガードの性能を変更。
・その他不具合修正。

■狼牙
・各技の受身不能時間、やられベクトルを調整。
・ダンクの不具合を修正。
・シュートを上段技に変更。また、空中ガード不能になっていた不具合を修正。
・立ちA、屈A、屈Bの硬直を延長。
・屈Cの発生、硬直を短縮。

■宮里軍団
・各技の受身不能時間、やられベクトルを調整。
・立ちA、屈Aの硬直を延長。
・→↓\Aの無敵を削除。
・→↓\Cを多段技に変更。
・サキ、ショーコの召喚硬直を延長。
・ショーコ召喚時の不具合を修正。
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 03:12:36 AM »
Been playing Big Bang Age, the visual novel BBB is based off of, in preparation for this. 

GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 04:51:59 AM »
Been playing Big Bang Age, the visual novel BBB is based off of, in preparation for this. 

You using Aroduc's translation, I'm guessing?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 05:01:02 AM »
Well I started trying to read it on my own but I'm going to be using his than see if I can manage the other routes myself.  It's 79% complete, right?  Do you know off the top of your head which routes are done?

Also, Zanma Gou is the fucking man and no one can say otherwise.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:40 PM »
Downloading this beta...
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
Good!  They've made a lot of progress solidifying the engine.  I imagine the next build will cover the last couple important mechanics (boost and special gauge) and then they'll be able to start working on putting in the other characters/stages/sound/menus.  I'm excited to see how it progresses.
---

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
That new character (I don't know her name) has Sion-like "róris" (brazilian notation from dragon punch/shoryuken). And she call 2 strikers.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 07:40:29 PM »
Her name is Miyazato Erika.  I like the 426a pull in move of hers.  Looks like you can grab them out of it really easily (and her grab is free combo).  Her normals and the assists make her a pretty decent zoning character it seems. 

Rouga is kind of more fun to play around with at this point though, since he's more combo friendly.  lol
---

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
Looks interesting Erika's zoning.

And thank you, LoliSauce, for her name.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:14 AM »
BBB2 web version 3 is out.  As usual, look for the link in English just after the first couple paragraphs.  I haven't checked it out yet, so maybe comments on it later.

Quote from: Changelog
変更点一覧

■システム
・起動メニューを変更。
・キーコンフィグに関する不具合を修正。
・ヒット数表記の挙動を修正。
・その他不具合修正。

■共通
・コマンド受付時間に関する変更。
・全キャラクターの技の判定・ダメージ・受身不能時間を大幅修正、補正値を追加。ジャンプキャンセル可 / 不可の変更。

■狼牙
・ナックル(最大溜め)をガードした時のエフェクトを修正。
・ファング先端を空中ガードした時の不具合を修正。
・屈ガードの挙動を修正。
・ウルフファング地上ヒット時、空中ヒット時の挙動をそれぞれ変更。

■宮里軍団
・→↓\B、→↓\Cをキャンセル不能に変更。
・→↓\Bの出初めに全身無敵を追加。
・→↓\Cを空中ガードした時の不具合を修正。
・ショーコを屈ガード、空中ガードした時の不具合を修正。
・空中Cの先端判定を弱体化。
・タイトチェーンの挙動を変更。
・ダッシュ時にダウンしている相手を飛び越せるように変更。

Edit:
The new preliminary menu and sound effects are making it feel more like a real game, thankfully.  Having a vs mode to play around in is also not too bad, despite still only having Rouga and Erika.  They manage to fix the few bugs regarding Rouga that ikusat and I found.  Also, it seems like they made jumps and airdashes a little less floaty (this may just be me), in addition to adding in a minimum airdash height which altogether prevents all the silly low airdash shenanigans I was playing with last time.  I'll test more shit out in vs to see how things are working probably tomorrow.  

Seems like pretty much the only system mechanics missing are boost, special gauge, and enhancement taunts.  After those are included and undoubtedly tweaked a little, they'll basically be free to start adding the extra characters and aesthetics (menu art, music, story, etc).

I like that I can do quarter life off of Erika's throw in the corner.  6ab 5a 5b 6a j.b j.623c
Also, why does Rouga get two supers and Erika only get one?  Not to mention that her super doesn't even connect fully vs airborn opponent, whereas both of Rouga's can be used vs air or ground easily.  =<    Okay, nevermind.  Erika's normals are DUMB.  6a is god antiair, 5c beats everything else.  Damn AI reads input like a motherfucker.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:14:26 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 08:35:16 AM »
haha, hype rouga (I'm assuming that's the dude's name) combo I figured out

214[A]  5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b 5a 6b ....

I dropped it at 81 hits, was this in the last version?

edit: substitute 5a for 5b to get the 100% life version, lol
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:47:47 AM by jimmy »
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
I'm almost positive that 5a > 6b would be invalid.  You can tell when something goes invalid because the combo counter words becomes darker.  They've done a pretty good job at preventing valid loops so far.
---

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
You can tell when something goes invalid because the combo counter words becomes darker.
whoops

there goes my dozens of hours in practice mode :/

the dude seems cool at least, has bit of an snk feel, maybe a bit like kyo
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 12:10:50 AM »
Yeah, Rouga is pretty cool.  He used to be bullshit good in original BBB, but now that they've changed his 236c from a time-bomb into a moving projectile, he doesn't seem so ridiculous.  His 623a is the reason I wanted to play C/F Sacchin in MBAA.  ROUGA DUNK! 

I actually like that his air divekick super (j.214d) is dual purpose - vs standing opponent it launches for free combo, vs airborn opponent it gives hard knockdown for damage+oki.  Not too bad.  I like that you can do it off of his overhead 6b on reaction too.  lol
---

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
Guess I should note that the web alpha is up to v.05 now, and that both Senna and Kunagi have been introduced.  I'm liking Kunagi's changes!  Plenty of infinites popping up with the new characters that need to be fixed though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:07:33 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 02:37:22 AM »
+HEAT for showing, but Senna has been in v0.4 already.

I for one, do not like the changes. They made so many things faster to recover which removes a lot of my primary methods of comboing. The Rouga 214a 5a juggle is so much harder now which makes it impractical for me to use as a primary launcher. Opponents can recover after Senna's 623c wallslam which takes away my Senna combo with three 623 sets in it back in BBB1. And I don't know how to use the new Kunagi...

What are Kunagi's options after 214a/b? I know that pressing C while she's in the air will do that crescent slash which was so good in combos in BBB1 (not anymore, though), but is there anything else?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 06:02:08 AM »
I didnt play this alot,but I noticed Rouga deals a ton of damage if you can somehow make 6a5cx2 connect,but it does require being very close to the opponent,so its more of a punish combo than anything.You can also do 6b5b6a5c6a etc but im not sure if thats the best combo.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »
+HEAT for showing, but Senna has been in v0.4 already.

I for one, do not like the changes. They made so many things faster to recover which removes a lot of my primary methods of comboing. The Rouga 214a 5a juggle is so much harder now which makes it impractical for me to use as a primary launcher. Opponents can recover after Senna's 623c wallslam which takes away my Senna combo with three 623 sets in it back in BBB1. And I don't know how to use the new Kunagi...

What are Kunagi's options after 214a/b? I know that pressing C while she's in the air will do that crescent slash which was so good in combos in BBB1 (not anymore, though), but is there anything else?
They took out a lot of bullshit that made the old game so loose with combos, which I support.  I say keep the combos from getting too crazy normally, because there will always be boosting to extend combos (once they add it in).  Also I dunno what you're talking about with 623c recovery.  That single move you can infinite with right now if you're close to the corner.  The only infinite as easy and silly as Senna's [623c > short dash]xN is her Launch > [6a > 5b]xN juggle infinite vs aerial enemy.  Though I'm not gonna lie, that 6a > 5b inf looks cool as hell.  But really, they need to somehow nerf down 6a so that you can't just reset your entire combo string for free with it or maybe make it knockdown on hit vs airborne enemies.  It's simply way to abusable as is.  623c they can probably just add to its recovery a little and it'll be fine.

As for Kunagi, from what I was finding out during my training mode escapades, she has some semi-ridiculous combo potential.  Though I've heard rumors of an infinite with her, I don't know what it actually is, though I haven't really looked around to find out very hard.  The best combo material I've found is to do is utilizing the 214a>c's special cancellable property to throw out a falling j.236a and keep them in hitstun long enough for you to land>relaunch.  Example:
5b 2b 5c(2) 2c (delay) 4c 6a 214a>(delay)c j.236a (land) > more stuff

Haven't really played around enough to find optimal results for more followups, cuz most likely it's not gonna matter by the time another few updates come out anyway.  Doing that you might end up triggering one of Kunagi's bugs though, and the hardest one to stumble upon of the three she has at that.  It's actually more like a system bug, but I think that Kunagi is the only one who can actually trigger its occurrence at this time.  Anyway, Kunagi bug clips for anyone who cares: Bounce hitstun bug video, Teleport tracking bug video, and Super double jump shoryu bug image.

Anyway, I'm really digging Kunagi right now.  It feels like her mobility and tricks are leveled up, and just toned down some of the unnecessarily retarded good stuff.  And if things somehow play out like I vainly wish they will, she'd have mad oki mixups.  My favorite two things in fighting games: Throws you can combo/bnb from and okizeme mixups.  Already she has 282a/292a fastfall whichway, teleport behind/above shenanigans, super fast run/backdash, good crossup off j.c and 214a>c, safe meaty 214c and 236b projectiles, anti-mash tk236b and 6b, long ass range lows for semi-safe meaty.  It's crazy.  She still doesn't have shit for a way to knock people down in combos though, so I guess the mixups don't really matter as much outside of what you can use in standard pressure.  :V
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:48:15 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 03:06:01 AM »
I appreciated the loose combo system in the first game 'cos it made so many interesting combinations interesting, but oh well. About Senna's 623c, even in earlier versions of the second game, the opponent took so long to recover from the wallslam that they almost always hit the ground before they recover, so I could extend the combo so easily. Miss those ;_;

Yes, I truly appreciate Kunagi having a proper dash now. Her mobility certainly has increased and she still retains massive combo potential. When the boost comes in, she will be mad.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Sinswordsman

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Not the Best, nor the Worst
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 05:22:57 PM »
Guess I should note that the web alpha is up to v.05 now, and that both Senna and Kunagi have been introduced.  I'm liking Kunagi's changes!  Plenty of infinites popping up with the new characters that need to be fixed though.
Senna has been in for a while....
anyway, they added voices, training options, the ability to lose a match finally, oh and Kunagi my second main. Now if only they'd add Ren....
btw I'm new to the fourms >>

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »
If you look prior to my v.05 update, the last time I posted any news was for v.03.  I was noting new characters since that point.  And yeah, Kunagi is slick as expected, but I just wish she had some way to get a concrete knockdown outside of 2c.  =\  There's so much nasty stuff she could do on oki, but she just can't get it.

Who I really wish they'd add (new) is Kyouichirou.  Gimme some shadow manipulation yo.  Too bad only new charas they announced besides Erika were Kinako and Kamui.  So many good characters from National that aren't even being looked at yet.  Makes me sad.
---

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
So word on the street says that BBB2 trial demo will be releasing at C80.

Keep it sexy, Frontier Aja.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:37:13 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
...C90? Don't you mean C80?

Since nobody's been paying attention to this thread, I'm just going to point out that aja released a real demo a few days ago.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
I thought we were supposed to get the full game at comiket.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
I thought we were supposed to get the full game at comiket.
Yeah, it's coming out then.

Since some infinites have already been found in the demo, I'm looking forward to the hilarity that is to come.