When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BigBangBeat 2nd  (Read 27417 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: BigBangBeat 2nd
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2011, 04:52:42 PM »
Oop, thanks for correcting the mistype.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with the BBBR demo talk.  So far the Kunagi instant j.c vs tall people infinite and Erika's chain pull into itself infinite have been found.  Otherwise the game is looking pretty good.  All of the former bugs and infinites that were brought to their attention have been ousted nicely, so I'm gonna keep trying to get all the broken shit visually documented for them.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 06:30:03 AM »
Has anyone else had any issues getting the demo versions to run properly? I kinda just get a black screen so displaced pixels everywhere. :-\

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »
Try changing the compatibility mode to 2000 or 98 (I can't remember which) because I had to mess around with that to get the web trials to work.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
All I had to do was set my system locale to JP and it worked for me.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2011, 07:02:14 AM »
Ok I'll give that a go when I get home today. Thanks.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 06:14:11 AM »
Anybody still playing~ lol
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
A few vegas locals and I play it during gatherings.  I'm also helping out with the wiki infrequently.
---

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »
Oh cool. I just took up interest the other day.
Trying to learn Senna and Burai, ive never been that clever when it comes to making BnBs.
Also trying to get a key for netplay (which would prbly be terrible anyway).

I guess I'll check the wiki for a while, offer what little scrubby help I can.
... does it matter?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
Wiki has some decent info for like half the cast.  You'll be able to find plenty of Senna info at least.  Burai is pretty dumb, though.  All you need to do for him is do whatever into 5c [6b 5c]xn 214c.  If you have meter throw on the corkscrew punch super at the end.  Like 2 reps is enough to equal most people's bnb damage, and if you do a full 6 reps from max P meter, then you do absurd damage for absolutely no effort.  It's a slap in the face to most of the cast who have to work so hard for damage.  Also his parry is really lenient timing, so it's kind of easy to just 3s your way in on people.  Actually, his movement and normals are pretty ass, so you sort of need to parry to get in on like the whole cast.  Basically abuse red parry and his 6b and you'll do just fine.

Anyway, that should get you started.  The wiki's coming along, just slowly.  Any help is good help, at this point.  The other people doing work on it are sort of...practice mode heroes, you know?  Like, they're good at combo artistry, but not very good at practical application.

And as far as I know, the only way to get a netplay key right now is by purchasing the game and receiving the key legally.  (not just saying that because of site rules)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:29:09 PM by LoliSauce »
---

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
I heard something about Frontier Aja being ok with key sharing on dustloop. Wasn't confirmed though.

Played around with Senna a bit, came up with an interesting corner combo.

Corner: 5/2A > 5B > 2B > 5C > 2C > 623C > 236A >  j.B > j.C > j.623B

2C into 623C wallbounce, then 236A before they can recover. j.623B timing is really tight.
Im not confident if all that execution was worth the damage though, 2k+ average :/
Just throwing it out there, maybe you can branch off of it.
... does it matter?

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »
I didn't even know this game came out.  :slowpoke:

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
I didn't even know this game came out.  :slowpoke:

Since Comiket homie.
... does it matter?

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »
Pretty sure everybody knows about Miyazato's infinite, but if you don't, it's 2A 5B 2B 5C 2C 6AB ( 63214C 5A ) xN
Edit : You can only do three 63214C's in one combo, after that nothing can combo.

As for Senna, she has a lot of character-specific stuff. Anybody mind testing who 2A 5B 2B 5C 2C 214C 2C 214C 2C 214AA 623B 623D works against?
From what I've tested, it'll work on Rouga, Senna, Kojirou, Ren, Agito, Kunagi, Miyazato, Kamui (You can select him as your training dummy by going to the right of Burai), and Man(ly)bou. It won't work on Burai (214AA refuses to connect).

It's EXTREMELY difficult on Heita. It's still possible though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:45:48 AM by Remzi »

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2011, 06:19:43 AM »
There are still infinites in the game? D:
No wai.
... does it matter?

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
Tsukiyomi BnBs
No meter / spirit, 2.1K against Kamui (1.4K off 2A) : ( 2A or 5{B} ) 2B 5C 2C 6A 5{B} 6A 5{B} j.C 41236C
No meter, +1 spirit, 1.9K against Kamui : ( 2A or 5{B} ) 2B 5C 2C 6A 5{B} 6A 63214A

Should I go for her 623C orb, or just cats (236B / j.236B)?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:25:39 AM by Remzi »

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
I was going to ask why you were testing on Kamui, and then i read the damage and my jaw dropped.
I wouldnt kno btw, i havnt played around with Tsuki.
... does it matter?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
I dunno what Kamui's defense modifiers are, but 2k damage is pretty weak.  I remember a video a little while back for Kinako combos, and although her damage was low, I think he figured out some shit that got into 3k range or so, which is pretty standard meterless damage for most of the cast.  I remember it involved those elbow bounce loops and ended in either that spinning bite for damage+corner or the throw/super throw into her 236c (I think?  The spirit that floats back a little and spikes) into IAD j.b crossup.  It was a pretty good setup.

Also, it should be noted that air hitboxes are fucking weird as hell in this game, so expect a lot of situational combos.  Especially weird ones I can think of atm are Sanzo (oddly floaty and collision is closer to his head than it should be), Kunagi (super low), Heita (super high and floaty).  Also Agito's standing hitbox is much further back than it looks, with how he's hunched forward.  Weirdness.

Another funny note, for those of you who like zoners, Agito can get the same damage from [any trap or poke] > 5c 623d as most people get from a full bnb, which is super easy confirm from basically everything close-mid range.  It's pretty troll, with his far reaching pokes, shitload of projectiles and traps, and easy abare damage to top it off.  Plus, if you actually manage to get a random knockdown, like from sweep or j.236x, you can toss down traps or bouncing knives for free oki (or even do some nasty tk 236x ambiguous crossup stuff).
---

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »
2.9K against Senna for the first, 2.4K for the second.
If you start it off with a 623A 5{B} into BnB, it does about 3.4K against Senna.
Edit : Remove the 2B and it scales less, giving 3K (3.7K off 623A) for the first, 2.9K (3.4K off 623A) for the second. Just don't use 2B in combos, it sucks when scaling stuff.

You can cancel the last hit of j.41236C into 236X moves, and it's really good if you 236A, because you can get a 4-way mixup if they tech (IAD crossup j.C, 2B, dash-under 2B, IAD j.C). If they don't, you'll have a lot of knockdown time to work with good oki.
As for her command grab, you can use it to get out of strings like Senna's 5C 214A really easily.

Combo system in this game is dumb though. If you don't tech and get hit by a wakeup move, it'll count as a combo from the last one and be scaled down.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:19:50 AM by Remzi »

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
I dunno what Kamui's defense modifiers are, but 2k damage is pretty weak.

Kamui eats damage like mad. Senna's bnb does like 1.4k on him, compared to the 2k+ she does on Ryouga.

Another funny note, for those of you who like zoners, Agito can get the same damage from [any trap or poke] > 5c 623d as most people get from a full bnb, which is super easy confirm from basically everything close-mid range.  It's pretty troll, with his far reaching pokes, shitload of projectiles and traps, and easy abare damage to top it off.  Plus, if you actually manage to get a random knockdown, like from sweep or j.236x, you can toss down traps or bouncing knives for free oki (or even do some nasty tk 236x ambiguous crossup stuff).

Agito is due for a nerf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRymVUT6ig&feature=relmfu
Nah im kidding. Shit was pretty silly though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:29:11 AM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
Kamui eats damage like mad. Senna's bnb does like 1.4k on him, compared to the 2k+ she does on Ryouga.
Seems that way. At least it does good damage on him though.

Anyways new BnB with her is 5{B}C 2C (delay) 6A 5{B} (delay) 6A (2 hits) 5{B} j.C 41236C does about 3.2K on Senna. Can't get it to work against Kamui though.

Agito is due for a nerf.
Agito's BnBs are really silly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was high tier.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »
Anyways new BnB with her is 5{B}C 2C (delay) 6A 5{B} (delay) 6A (2 hits) 5{B} j.C 41236C does about 3.2K on Senna. Can't get it to work against Kamui though.

This is a Senna Bnb? How the hell does this work?
... does it matter?

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »

This is a Senna Bnb? How the hell does this work?
Sorry if I wasn't clear, it's a new BnB with Tsukiyomi. can't figure out how to do it against certain characters, although it seems to work on Senna and other characters with the same gravity or whatever it is.

Offline Crescent Saber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Arcana Miesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
I really like Senna. She's definitely my type of character. Kunagi is cool too.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »
Agito is due for a nerf.
You can tell this video is super old because Agito's j.236 bounces the enemy instead of ground slamming them.  That version was only up for like a couple days before Frontier Aja fixed that shit.  Now trying to do bnbs with Agito is pointless because you literally get more damage off of any trap or poke > 5c 623d than most attempts at combos. 

I like Kunagi because she's Kunagi, but I also really liked how they redesigned Daigo.  It's too bad that in current version he sucks ass.
---

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
I haven't played this in a while, but on my day back to playing this game, I decided to come up with something awesome for you guys.

N.Sisters BnBs ;
No Kyuudou : j.C 5BC 2C 214{C} 5BC 41236A 214{C} 5BC 41236A 623D
Kyuudou (One 4/6D away), Corner : j.C 5BC 2C 214{C} 5BC 41236A 5DBC 41236A 214{C} 5BC 41236A 5DBC 41236A 4D 623D
Throw, No Kyuudou : 6/4[AB] 5AC 41236A 214{C} 5BC 41236A 623D
Random 2B : ( 2B 41236A 41236D ) xN

All 214{C}s require minimal charge possible. It'll gain the bounce of a full-charge against enemies in an airborne state.
All 5C 41236A parts have to be done before 5C can hit the enemy down to a bounced state. If they bounce, you'll lose a lot of juggles.
214C can be used as an ender instead of 623D.
All BnBs were tested on Senna, Sanzou, and Miyazato. I was testing the Kyuudou corner BnB, but I absolutely suck at it so I stopped trying to test it on Rouga.
Not 100% sure if it works against other characters, but you can do a 5D after a 623D, and you can do ( 623D 5D ) xN -> j.BC on Sanzou for huge damage.

They're extremely strong characters, getting around 4K meterless. Unfortunately, Kendou is very slow, so you'll have to approach by using Kyuudou's arrows. Once you get in, use 41236B, Kendou's normals (2B, 5C and j.C mostly), and arrows to create something like stagger pressure. Don't be afraid to whiff a DP, just make sure to cover it with an arrow.
There is also a couple million ways to force damage. j.ABC against an airblocking enemy can be followed up with 41236D to hold them in the air, and a 2C 214{C} for huge damage off an air-unblockable setup.